NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby esther0123 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:09 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
China Spy wrote:Does one get a UR2 before getting a DLS?


Not necessarily. The UR date changes are really up in the air with NYU.


I was never UR. I think mine went from Complete --> DLS

User avatar
gma221
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby gma221 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 pm

ConLawNerd91 wrote:
gma221 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:I also applied for a named scholarship with an essay. I have a 99% chance of not getting in with my numbers, but I'd like to think the only reason I haven't heard has to do with the essay.


I applied for the RTK program, went complete on 1/6 and was admitted on 1/23. That said, I have a lot of connections to NYU (alum, WE, recs, etc.). I know it's super frustrating (/soul-killing) to be left wondering, but don't stress about something that hasn't happened yet. :)


True. Congrats on your acceptance!


Thanks! I hope you get good news from them soon!

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

malleus discentium wrote:Still UR since 12/9. NYU? More like NwhyyyyyyyU amirite?

very punny :)

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:47 am

What time were people getting DLS last week?

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 pm

JustHawkin wrote:What time were people getting DLS last week?


I think it was Wed. Arrow4Christ was the first to report a DLS, iirc.

Arrow4Christ wrote:Just checked and I'm DLS! :shock:

webbdp3
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby webbdp3 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:14 pm

There were a bunch of UR status changes Tiesday then the DLSs came rolling out Wednesday and Thursday (don't remember hearing anything Friday)

User avatar
EzraFitz
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby EzraFitz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Still UR2 as of 11/14. I'm just hoping to be put out of my misery shortly.

pitter23
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby pitter23 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 pm

+1 but at 10/25.

If they know, they know, you know? I've been prepping myself for my ding for 3 months now and I'm a grown woman....just give it to me straight.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:08 pm

pitter23 wrote:+1 but at 10/25.

If they know, they know, you know? I've been prepping myself for my ding for 3 months now and I'm a grown woman....just give it to me straight.

Said no woman in my life, ever...

:lol:

I kid, I kid.

pitter23
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby pitter23 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:43 pm

It's cool. You just haven't met me 8)

JustHawkin wrote:
pitter23 wrote:+1 but at 10/25.

If they know, they know, you know? I've been prepping myself for my ding for 3 months now and I'm a grown woman....just give it to me straight.

Said no woman in my life, ever...

:lol:

I kid, I kid.

jus8
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jus8 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Looking for a reality check... So if people who applied same time as me caught the wave of acceptances last week...and people with my numbers have gotten in this cycle...but am stuck in UR2, solid chance they're feeling iffy bout my app?

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:17 pm

pitter23 wrote:+1 but at 10/25.

If they know, they know, you know? I've been prepping myself for my ding for 3 months now and I'm a grown woman....just give it to me straight.


Stats? I'm 10/15... Just ding me already, NYU.

AdInfinitum
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby AdInfinitum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm

webbdp3 wrote:There were a bunch of UR status changes Tiesday then the DLSs came rolling out Wednesday and Thursday (don't remember hearing anything Friday)


I went UR2 on 1/24 (UR1 on 1/13) so I'm hoping they go with this ^^ timeline. I'm wondering if many people went UR2 today? Really hoping to get in!

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm

alex.cm wrote:
pitter23 wrote:+1 but at 10/25.

If they know, they know, you know? I've been prepping myself for my ding for 3 months now and I'm a grown woman....just give it to me straight.


Stats? I'm 10/15... Just ding me already, NYU.


Shit. I'm at 12/24 and I was getting antsy...

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ftbchamp231 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:00 pm

NYU sent me a postcard today telling me a should consider applying. Does marketing not talk to admissions at all?

For a second I thought they were going to tell me I was denied via postcard.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:NYU sent me a postcard today telling me a should consider applying. Does marketing not talk to admissions at all?

For a second I thought they were going to tell me I was denied via postcard.

We want you so little we're not even wasting an envelop on you LOL

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:NYU sent me a postcard today telling me a should consider applying. Does marketing not talk to admissions at all?

For a second I thought they were going to tell me I was denied via postcard.

We want you so little we're not even wasting an envelop on you LOL

But here's a sweet picture of our school you'll never get in to.
:lol:

webbdp3
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby webbdp3 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:57 pm

AdInfinitum wrote:
webbdp3 wrote:There were a bunch of UR status changes Tiesday then the DLSs came rolling out Wednesday and Thursday (don't remember hearing anything Friday)


I went UR2 on 1/24 (UR1 on 1/13) so I'm hoping they go with this ^^ timeline. I'm wondering if many people went UR2 today? Really hoping to get in!



Right there with you. UR1 on 1/13, UR2 1/21. Have been smashing F5 since Monday.

User avatar
sherealcool
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby sherealcool » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:58 pm

webbdp3 wrote:
AdInfinitum wrote:
webbdp3 wrote:There were a bunch of UR status changes Tiesday then the DLSs came rolling out Wednesday and Thursday (don't remember hearing anything Friday)


I went UR2 on 1/24 (UR1 on 1/13) so I'm hoping they go with this ^^ timeline. I'm wondering if many people went UR2 today? Really hoping to get in!



Right there with you. UR1 on 1/13, UR2 1/21. Have been smashing F5 since Monday.
+1

User avatar
hio
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:13 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby hio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:NYU sent me a postcard today telling me a should consider applying. Does marketing not talk to admissions at all?

For a second I thought they were going to tell me I was denied via postcard.


I had to stop scrolling for a good thirty seconds to laugh at this.

The day after I got my first acceptance, a package arrived in the mail, and I got excited thinking it was swag...when really they were just encouraging me to apply. Again. It definitely made me go carefully reread that acceptance email three or four more times.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ftbchamp231 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

hio wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:NYU sent me a postcard today telling me a should consider applying. Does marketing not talk to admissions at all?

For a second I thought they were going to tell me I was denied via postcard.


I had to stop scrolling for a good thirty seconds to laugh at this.

The day after I got my first acceptance, a package arrived in the mail, and I got excited thinking it was swag...when really they were just encouraging me to apply. Again. It definitely made me go carefully reread that acceptance email three or four more times.


I'm glad that gave everyone a good laugh. I wish schools were more consistent with their complete -> UR -> DLS. It seems like the range is a couple of weeks to a few months in this thread.

Penn is the most annoying with their 12 week processing, they must be using the same process LSAC uses to grade the LSATs...

User avatar
canes14
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby canes14 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 pm

my status checker just jumped from 12/9 to 1/28...now i'm extra paranoid i've got a WL/ding coming my way :shock:

any thoughts on a huge gap like that?

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 pm

canes14 wrote:my status checker just jumped from 12/9 to 1/28...now i'm extra paranoid i've got a WL/ding coming my way :shock:

any thoughts on a huge gap like that?

Jealousy.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
canes14 wrote:my status checker just jumped from 12/9 to 1/28...now i'm extra paranoid i've got a WL/ding coming my way :shock:

any thoughts on a huge gap like that?

Jealousy.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
canes14 wrote:my status checker just jumped from 12/9 to 1/28...now i'm extra paranoid i've got a WL/ding coming my way :shock:

any thoughts on a huge gap like that?

Jealousy.


Such a Jenna Maroney thing to say lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cbear2017, Rich Uncle Skeleton, rizzlebizness, staypuff, Why??? and 17 guests