NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:32 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:Remember when people said NYU was a predictable school and had a quick turnaround, especially by the time January hits? :lol: :lol: :lol:


:-/

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby FluffMonster » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:42 pm

My status checker still says under review 12/2.... Did they forget about me?

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby orangec90 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Jules239 wrote:My status checker still says under review 12/2.... Did they forget about me?


+1 and I applied early Oct

User avatar
rigoding
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby rigoding » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:58 pm

orangec90 wrote:
Jules239 wrote:My status checker still says under review 12/2.... Did they forget about me?


+1 and I applied early Oct


Same boat, applied late Nov.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm still UR now, but just wondering:

Do people get email notifications after status checker changes to DLS? 

If so, i can stop refreshing my status checker.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:20 pm

bbkk wrote:I'm still UR now, but just wondering:

Do people get email notifications after status checker changes to DLS? 

If so, i can stop refreshing my status checker.


There is no e-mail notification.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:24 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
bbkk wrote:I'm still UR now, but just wondering:

Do people get email notifications after status checker changes to DLS? 

If so, i can stop refreshing my status checker.


There is no e-mail notification.


ty bom. Now I'm going back to the page and continue with F5. :(

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm

bbkk wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
bbkk wrote:I'm still UR now, but just wondering:

Do people get email notifications after status checker changes to DLS? 

If so, i can stop refreshing my status checker.


There is no e-mail notification.


ty bom. Now I'm going back to the page and continue with F5. :(

With people getting UR2 date changes today, I'm not going to start freaking out until tomorrow/Wednesday.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
bbkk wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
bbkk wrote:I'm still UR now, but just wondering:

Do people get email notifications after status checker changes to DLS? 

If so, i can stop refreshing my status checker.


There is no e-mail notification.


ty bom. Now I'm going back to the page and continue with F5. :(

With people getting UR2 date changes today, I'm not going to start freaking out until tomorrow/Wednesday.


Do you mean UR2s and DLSs wouldn't come out in the same day?

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby China Spy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Does one get a UR2 before getting a DLS?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 pm

China Spy wrote:Does one get a UR2 before getting a DLS?


Not necessarily. The UR date changes are really up in the air with NYU.

User avatar
China Spy
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby China Spy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
China Spy wrote:Does one get a UR2 before getting a DLS?


Not necessarily. The UR date changes are really up in the air with NYU.


Thanks bom :D

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm

bbkk wrote:Do you mean UR2s and DLSs wouldn't come out in the same day?

They could. I'm just not going to stress myself out about it today seeing they are doing other things.
I'm casually logging in every few hours. Tomorrow is a different story.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:41 pm

China Spy wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
China Spy wrote:Does one get a UR2 before getting a DLS?


Not necessarily. The UR date changes are really up in the air with NYU.


Thanks bom :D


you are quite welcome!

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby bbkk » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
bbkk wrote:Do you mean UR2s and DLSs wouldn't come out in the same day?

They could. I'm just not going to stress myself out about it today seeing they are doing other things.
I'm casually logging in every few hours. Tomorrow is a different story.


Sounds like a good plan. I'll do it casually too. :lol: :lol:

ConLawNerd91
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm

gma221 wrote:
ConLawNerd91 wrote:I also applied for a named scholarship with an essay. I have a 99% chance of not getting in with my numbers, but I'd like to think the only reason I haven't heard has to do with the essay.


I applied for the RTK program, went complete on 1/6 and was admitted on 1/23. That said, I have a lot of connections to NYU (alum, WE, recs, etc.). I know it's super frustrating (/soul-killing) to be left wondering, but don't stress about something that hasn't happened yet. :)


True. Congrats on your acceptance!

jimbeam21
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jimbeam21 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby drawstring » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


Did you write any essays?

Congrats!!

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:35 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!

:shock: Congrats!!!

eta: This may be better off posted in the NYU Class of 2017 thread

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


LOL @ the understatement of the year thus far: "a nice letter."

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby neprep » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


Congratulations! :D

jimbeam21
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jimbeam21 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:40 pm

drawstring wrote:
jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


Did you write any essays?

Congrats!!


Nope, absolutely zero extra essays. I can't seem to find any information online on the Vanderbilt Scholarship, except for the ones awarded to LLMs.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:59 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


NICE! Congrats! :mrgreen:

User avatar
coolbean2013
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby coolbean2013 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
jimbeam21 wrote:Heads up to those admitted already- I received a nice letter from NYU awarding me the Vanderbilt Scholarship today, full tuition for 3 years. Didn't even know that existed until today! So check your mailboxes!!


NICE! Congrats! :mrgreen:

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby malleus discentium » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Still UR since 12/9. NYU? More like NwhyyyyyyyU amirite?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Baby Gaga, carlos_danger, cyclawps, danid83, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, kneetap, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, patrickkpaul, phelpsy, sonyco, texteach and 26 guests