NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

quijotesca1011
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby quijotesca1011 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Last edited by quijotesca1011 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dormgirl76
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby dormgirl76 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Has anyone changed their password?

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby milkandcheerios » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:43 pm

dormgirl76 wrote:Has anyone changed their password?


on the ASW? yes I changed it right after I logged in.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby blackbirdfly » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:48 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
dormgirl76 wrote:Has anyone changed their password?


on the ASW? yes I changed it right after I logged in.



Same

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Vexed » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm

drumstickies wrote:DLS! Submitted 1/6. 170, 3.67. NYU doesn't reject in January, does it? Nuts...


We're basically numbers twins and I'm still stuck UR 1/9 after submitting and going complete before you... :(

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8753
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Serett » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Vexed wrote:
drumstickies wrote:DLS! Submitted 1/6. 170, 3.67. NYU doesn't reject in January, does it? Nuts...


We're basically numbers twins and I'm still stuck UR 1/9 after submitting and going complete before you... :(


+1, except stuck at 12/31 UR2.

User avatar
canes14
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby canes14 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Would it be totally inappropriate to call the admissions office to "check" if they got all my application materials?

If you can't tell, I'm panicking.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby mandyjay11 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:11 pm

canes14 wrote:Would it be totally inappropriate to call the admissions office to "check" if they got all my application materials?

If you can't tell, I'm panicking.


I've called twice before and the guy who answers is very nice... but if you are sure they got them I wouldn't bother them

lawapp2014
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawapp2014 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:15 pm

My status just changed to DLS today, but I couldn't log into admitted students. 170/3.9. Is it safe to assume acceptance or is rejection/waitlist possible?

User avatar
patfeeney
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby patfeeney » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 pm

lawapp2014 wrote:My status just changed to DLS today, but I couldn't log into admitted students. 170/3.9. Is it safe to assume acceptance or is rejection/waitlist possible?


Pretty sure otherwise. You have numbas.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby anubis1911 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 pm

so being as my UR status is stuck on 12/16 and I missed the current wave of DLS, I assume that I am going to catch the wave of rejects and wait lists... joy

lakers180
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lakers180 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

anyone got dls recently or are they done for the day?

kris4842
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby kris4842 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Has anyone actually been rejected yet?

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Vexed » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:52 pm

kris4842 wrote:Has anyone actually been rejected yet?


Doesn't look like they deny in January historically, and it doesn't sound like anyone has been rejected so far.

User avatar
demersal
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby demersal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm

anubis1911 wrote:so being as my UR status is stuck on 12/16 and I missed the current wave of DLS, I assume that I am going to catch the wave of rejects and wait lists... joy


Genuine question: Can we speculate that the admit wave is over? I guess we'll get a sense when people start updating LSN, but (and stop me if I'm being overly optimistic) I feel like there has to be some more admit decisions forthcoming.

rb1130
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby rb1130 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 pm

app hasn't moved since middle of october. anyone else? it's likely wl or ding, right?

NoDayButToday
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby NoDayButToday » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:13 pm

.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NapoleonXV
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby NapoleonXV » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm

rb1130 wrote:app hasn't moved since middle of october. anyone else? it's likely wl or ding, right?


neither has mine, and i am above both 75's.

according to lsn, most likely wl or ding

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm

All these other >75s getting accepted quickly makes me :(

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 062914123 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michigan1442
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Michigan1442 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:18 pm

NapoleonXV wrote:
rb1130 wrote:app hasn't moved since middle of october. anyone else? it's likely wl or ding, right?


neither has mine, and i am above both 75's.

according to lsn, most likely wl or ding


Mine is still mid-October as well.. >75 LSAT, slightly <25 GPA.

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby FuriousDuck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:23 pm

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Fianna13 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Is today's wave over? :(

drumstickies
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby drumstickies » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

In via ASW! I'm around NYU's median, so I think it was WE, recs, and other softs that pushed me over. Best wishes to everyone!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 pm

drumstickies wrote:In via ASW! I'm around NYU's median, so I think it was WE, recs, and other softs that pushed me over. Best wishes to everyone!


Congrats!

How recently did you get in?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JosefK, potterotter, tangers91 and 25 guests