NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
40
11%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 379

User avatar
applelover

Gold
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:Where is my letter, NYU?


+1

Four days I been checking my mailbox. Mail DOES NOT take this long to get from NYC to my state. They probably haven't even mailed out the letters yet.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm

wtrc wrote:Do you guys think NOT applying for a named scholarship can hurt the application for people that are above the 75ths (because of YP?)


i mean - i kinda assumed that NYUs ranked high enough that it doesn't YP - especially as so many people choose law schools on factors other than school ranking (like location/programs/biglaw/etc.)

04102014

Gold
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby 04102014 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Nep, this is for you.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
Vursz

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Vursz » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
wtrc wrote:Do you guys think NOT applying for a named scholarship can hurt the application for people that are above the 75ths (because of YP?)


i mean - i kinda assumed that NYUs ranked high enough that it doesn't YP - especially as so many people choose law schools on factors other than school ranking (like location/programs/biglaw/etc.)


Above both 75ths, wrote none of the optional essays. Got in earlier this week.

The same question had entered my mind, though, given that there were so many possible extra essays...

User avatar
midwest17

Gold
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby midwest17 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Yeah, I can't believe that the T6 YPs at all. Even if you don't apply for a named scholarship you're still eligible for merit aid, and it's not at all crazy to take NYU with $$ over HYS.

stickershocked

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby stickershocked » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 pm

applelover wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:Where is my letter, NYU?


+1

Four days I been checking my mailbox. Mail DOES NOT take this long to get from NYC to my state. They probably haven't even mailed out the letters yet.


I got mine yesterday, but it was just a letter. It says they'll be sending a more comprehensive packet "soon."

Note: I was also ED.

User avatar
neprep

Silver
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby neprep » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 pm

stickershocked wrote:
applelover wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
applelover wrote:Where is my letter, NYU?


+1

Four days I been checking my mailbox. Mail DOES NOT take this long to get from NYC to my state. They probably haven't even mailed out the letters yet.


I got mine yesterday, but it was just a letter. It says they'll be sending a more comprehensive packet "soon."

Note: I was also ED.


No personalized note?

User avatar
neprep

Silver
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby neprep » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Nep, this is for you.

--LinkRemoved--


:lol: that was pretty good.

User avatar
applelover

Gold
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

Received my letter yesterday (Friday). It was just a letter, but here was a nice handwritten note attached as well. the letter is dated Wednesday, so that's probably why not a lot of people have received them yet.

User avatar
lastsamurai

Silver
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lastsamurai » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 am

applelover wrote:Received my letter yesterday (Friday). It was just a letter, but here was a nice handwritten note attached as well. the letter is dated Wednesday, so that's probably why not a lot of people have received them yet.


Me too!

User avatar
redsox

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby redsox » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:43 am

If anyone's application is still incomplete pending receipt of a dean's letter...feel free to PM. I found it tremendously frustrating, but it worked out.

User avatar
applelover

Gold
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:41 am

lastsamurai wrote:
applelover wrote:Received my letter yesterday (Friday). It was just a letter, but here was a nice handwritten note attached as well. the letter is dated Wednesday, so that's probably why not a lot of people have received them yet.


Me too!



What did your personal note say? I'm curious to see how standard they are.

User avatar
Balthy

Silver
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Balthy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:57 am

Checkin in..


Does anyone know if applicants who did not apply for any of the named scholarships are still considered for some sort of scholarship $?

riverwater

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby riverwater » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:04 am

.
Last edited by riverwater on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 am

Got the letter yesterday - just letter with sticky - no packet.

DLS 12/3, RD

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG

Gold
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 pm

HOLY EFFING CRAP: UR2 yesterday! I didn't even notice notice the status changed yesterday, because I didn't bother to status check after compulsively refreshing the page all week and losing hope.

Aaaaah, they didn't forget my app! Glorious day. :)

User avatar
applelover

Gold
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:41 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:HOLY EFFING CRAP: UR2 yesterday! I didn't even notice notice the status changed yesterday, because I didn't bother to status check after compulsively refreshing the page all week and losing hope.

Aaaaah, they didn't forget my app! Glorious day. :)


Yay!

User avatar
thechancellor

Silver
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:20 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:Got the letter yesterday - just letter with sticky - no packet.

DLS 12/3, RD


Yay so exciting!!

NapoleonXV

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby NapoleonXV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:58 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:HOLY EFFING CRAP: UR2 yesterday! I didn't even notice notice the status changed yesterday, because I didn't bother to status check after compulsively refreshing the page all week and losing hope.

Aaaaah, they didn't forget my app! Glorious day. :)


Congrats! mine has not changed for two months!

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:HOLY EFFING CRAP: UR2 yesterday! I didn't even notice notice the status changed yesterday, because I didn't bother to status check after compulsively refreshing the page all week and losing hope.

Aaaaah, they didn't forget my app! Glorious day. :)


YAY MDLG - YAYYYYY!!

Kimikho

Gold
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Kimikho » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:HOLY EFFING CRAP: UR2 yesterday! I didn't even notice notice the status changed yesterday, because I didn't bother to status check after compulsively refreshing the page all week and losing hope.

Aaaaah, they didn't forget my app! Glorious day. :)


FINALLY!!!!!!!!

jjcioffi

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jjcioffi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Checking in. Complete 11/8. UR 1 11/11. Went UR 2 yesterday. Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if everyone goes UR 2 or just those they are strongly considering?

User avatar
Leo

Bronze
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Leo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Got accepted a few days ago. Anyone know when they send scholarship offer?

User avatar
leezabee

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby leezabee » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm

applelover wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:
applelover wrote:Received my letter yesterday (Friday). It was just a letter, but here was a nice handwritten note attached as well. the letter is dated Wednesday, so that's probably why not a lot of people have received them yet.


Me too!



What did your personal note say? I'm curious to see how standard they are.


Got my letter today (I'm in DC). Mine mentioned my work experience (PM if you want more details)

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG

Gold
Posts: 1545
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 pm

jjcioffi wrote:Checking in. Complete 11/8. UR 1 11/11. Went UR 2 yesterday. Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if everyone goes UR 2 or just those they are strongly considering?


I believe everyone eventually goes UR2.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests