NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many optional essays did you write

0: I'm lazy/none of them interested me
230
61%
1: One really fit my needs
93
25%
2: Couldn't have just one
39
10%
3-6: Neurosis levels.. rising..
7
2%
7: I am an actual crazy person
9
2%
 
Total votes: 378

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Humbert Humbert » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 pm

lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


I haven't received anything yet either. I'm in the midwest and got my DLS on monday.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Typhoon24 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


hopin' for a cool packet like duke!

the kind that's filled with bathroom reading material and all kinds of random swag

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby neprep » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


hopin' for a cool packet like duke!

the kind that's filled with bathroom reading material and all kinds of random swag


What did Duke have?!

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Typhoon24 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm

neprep wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:
Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


hopin' for a cool packet like duke!

the kind that's filled with bathroom reading material and all kinds of random swag


What did Duke have?!



it had a lanyard, a cool little note pad, and a couple of duke law magazines. It was all in a fancy blue packet with a string tie.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
neprep wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:
Humbert Humbert wrote:
Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


hopin' for a cool packet like duke!

the kind that's filled with bathroom reading material and all kinds of random swag


What did Duke have?!



it had a lanyard, a cool little note pad, and a couple of duke law magazines. It was all in a fancy blue packet with a string tie.


you gotta SPOILER ALERT that stuff

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:37 pm

neprep wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:
Humbert Humbert wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)


Ditto. That's why I was wondering. I wonder if it is just a letter or if it is a packet.


hopin' for a cool packet like duke!

the kind that's filled with bathroom reading material and all kinds of random swag


What did Duke have?!


Curious about this as well

Edit: NVM

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Typhoon24 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

lol sorry bom. good news is that i remember that NYU was pretty generous with all the swag it gave at last years admitted students weekend, so maybe that generosity will roll over into acceptance packets!
Last edited by Typhoon24 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:lol sorry bom. good news is that i remember that NYU was pretty generous with all the swag it gave at last years admitted students weekend, so maybe that generosity will roll over into acceptances packets!


I love swag...even though I can't use most of it in public, as my employer does not yet know of my plans...

User avatar
NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:53 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:48 pm

lastsamurai wrote:I haven't, and I'm definitely within the one day delivery window from nyu. I know that FedEx is having massive delays due to weather, so that could also factor in here (assuming the same for USPS)



I haven't and I live just a 20 min subway ride from NYU.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm thoroughly disappointed that nobody in the thread has freaked out about not getting the letter yet. "WHAT IF THE PHONE CALL WAS FAKEE"

stickershocked
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby stickershocked » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:I'm thoroughly disappointed that nobody in the thread has freaked out about not getting the letter yet. "WHAT IF THE PHONE CALL WAS FAKEE"


I've definitely had this thought. "I want to see my full name and address before I believe it."

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby fivestarfolds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Captains log: day three since dls. Provisions are running low. No word of hope from anyone will quelle the anxiety.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:30 pm

stickershocked wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:I'm thoroughly disappointed that nobody in the thread has freaked out about not getting the letter yet. "WHAT IF THE PHONE CALL WAS FAKEE"


I've definitely had this thought. "I want to see my full name and address before I believe it."


Address is on AS website!!!!!! s'very essiting

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby thechancellor » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
stickershocked wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:I'm thoroughly disappointed that nobody in the thread has freaked out about not getting the letter yet. "WHAT IF THE PHONE CALL WAS FAKEE"


I've definitely had this thought. "I want to see my full name and address before I believe it."


Address is on AS website!!!!!! s'very essiting



Congrats!! Did you get your call yet?

Nooblarzlarz
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

UR 11/25, DLS 12/3, got the call today.
PM if y'all want any other info.
Last edited by Nooblarzlarz on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

alex.cm wrote:
ShrimpToastMasters wrote:
stickershocked wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:I'm thoroughly disappointed that nobody in the thread has freaked out about not getting the letter yet. "WHAT IF THE PHONE CALL WAS FAKEE"


I've definitely had this thought. "I want to see my full name and address before I believe it."


Address is on AS website!!!!!! s'very essiting



Congrats!! Did you get your call yet?


awhile ago (DLS and call 11/3) - just wanted people who haven't had the call yet to feel the gratification of realizing the login is really meant for them :)

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby applelover » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

It doesn't take four days for a letter to get from NYC to my city. I actually did wonder if the phone call was fake for a moment.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jingosaur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

t-14orbust wrote:Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all


I applied. I wish named scholarship decisions came with the original decision. It's like I have a whole new wait now for this scholarship program.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

t-14orbust wrote:Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all


Applied too

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jingosaur » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

edwardt1988 wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all


Applied too


You were once my PS review buddy, but now you are my mortal enemy.

JK! Good luck!!

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

jingosaur wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all


I applied. I wish named scholarship decisions came with the original decision. It's like I have a whole new wait now for this scholarship program.


didn't do that one but did two others - yeah. i wanna know about them!

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby edwardt1988 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:23 pm

jingosaur wrote:
edwardt1988 wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:Submitted a few days ago. Checking in.

Also, did anyone apply for the Jacobson Business Scholarship? I was going to but my lack of WE deterred me. Seems awesome though. GL all


Applied too


You were once my PS review buddy, but now you are my mortal enemy.

JK! Good luck!!


You already got the JS1 and obv will get JS2, so you're wayyyy ahead, lol

Also, you'll should be getting that scholarship, you have very solid business experience

User avatar
jaesonko
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Re: NYU c/o 2017 Applicants Thread!

Postby jaesonko » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Sorry for asking this again, but I'm applying for one of those scholarships, I don't have to send the essay with my application, right? I've finished everything aside form my essay and I feel it's getting a bit late in the cycle :( . Thanks




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamcohen3, lawschool2017712, Leliana, pizzagoblin, Rio123 and 17 guests