Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
76
21%
No
288
79%
 
Total votes: 364

NoWorries
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby NoWorries » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Well I guess if anyone doesn't want to be specific they can do like 3.6x 17x or something.


Or just change your GPA .01

I highly doubt the adcoms have the time or desire to search through a posters' post history though.

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

But it only works half the time.

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

But it only works half the time.

See

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

But it only works half the time.

See


lol I've yet to see what your avatar is actually supposed to be. Unless your avatar is a broken image

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

But it only works half the time.


I don't like that everyone besides the guy who already got in has a better GPA than me.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


It's really starting to bother me that your avatar is a broken link lol

But it only works half the time.


I don't like that everyone besides the guy who already got in has a better GPA than me.


lol I hope you understand how ridiculous that sounds, though he was STEM

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sasquatchsam » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


I think it is funny that we all have almost identical numbers (except for you).

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:33 pm

sasquatchsam wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:Just checked out people's numbers on the google doc and I have high hopes for everyone.


I think it is funny that we all have almost identical numbers (except for you).

I just like that those numbers happen to be at Stanford's 75th percentile.

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sasquatchsam » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:I just like that those numbers happen to be at Stanford's 75th percentile.


I think it is funny that I ended up at exactly the GPA and LSAT 75th...not sure what that means for me.

User avatar
jcccc
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jcccc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Checking in cause, why the hell not

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:20 pm

What are your personal statements looking like? Any advice?

User avatar
jrsbaseball5
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:What are your personal statements looking like? Any advice?


I'm very much interested in others thought on this as well. I'm not sure its advisable to write a "Why Law" essay since Dean Deal has said it should be considered a personal story rather than a statement. I don't want to get too specific on here, but I'm thinking of writing an essay on how specific events in my life helped me to become the person that I am today.

I can PM you if you would like and be more specific on how I plan to carry this out.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm going to start my PS this week. I'd give info on what I'm writing about but it would easily out me.

User avatar
AAJD2B
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:37 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby AAJD2B » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:26 pm

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:What are your personal statements looking like? Any advice?


I'm very much interested in others thought on this as well. I'm not sure its advisable to write a "Why Law" essay since Dean Deal has said it should be considered a personal story rather than a statement. I don't want to get too specific on here, but I'm thinking of writing an essay on how specific events in my life helped me to become the person that I am today.

I can PM you if you would like and be more specific on how I plan to carry this out.


I disagree. A personal story can inform one's decision to attend law school (why law). They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

User avatar
Typhoon24
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Typhoon24 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 pm

checking in

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby mindarmed » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:32 pm

jcccc wrote:Checking in cause, why the hell not


only costs $80, i'd say the EV of a .01% chance of acceptance is more than worth it. below gpa 25th, but, i'm in as well. why not?

User avatar
MoMettaMonk
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby MoMettaMonk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Guess I'm checking in to this thread.

User avatar
jrsbaseball5
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby jrsbaseball5 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
jrsbaseball5 wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:What are your personal statements looking like? Any advice?


I'm very much interested in others thought on this as well. I'm not sure its advisable to write a "Why Law" essay since Dean Deal has said it should be considered a personal story rather than a statement. I don't want to get too specific on here, but I'm thinking of writing an essay on how specific events in my life helped me to become the person that I am today.

I can PM you if you would like and be more specific on how I plan to carry this out.


I disagree. A personal story can inform one's decision to attend law school (why law). They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.


I should have been more specific with my language.

I think if your story demonstrates why law and law school are important to you then or would probably be a good statement. What I was implying was that you don't necessarily need to describe "Why Law" to make it powerful and effective. Can it include those elements? Absolutely, but emphasizing who you are is the paramount issue.

I'd definitely like to hear others take on this, however.

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Vincent » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 am

It's late. I'll reply to this after a good night's rest.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 am

8 people on the google spreadsheet, all with excellent numbers. Good luck brahs.

Sourrudedude, I'm curious as to why Yale isn't your #1, given your numbers.

tortellini
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby tortellini » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Checking in here. SLS is 30 minutes away from my place, love the bay.

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Sourrudedude » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 pm

t-14orbust wrote:8 people on the google spreadsheet, all with excellent numbers. Good luck brahs.

Sourrudedude, I'm curious as to why Yale isn't your #1, given your numbers.

First and foremost is location. I want to practice in CA, I would rather live in Palo Alto than New Haven, I love the west coast, etc. Also, I might want to do something with internet/tech.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:8 people on the google spreadsheet, all with excellent numbers. Good luck brahs.

Sourrudedude, I'm curious as to why Yale isn't your #1, given your numbers.

First and foremost is location. I want to practice in CA, I would rather live in Palo Alto than New Haven, I love the west coast, etc. Also, I might want to do something with internet/tech.


Seriously... YLS isn't the best choice for everyone. Rankings whore.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], Leliana, lillawyer2, mmengden, root_beer, spursforever, wiyjkim and 18 guests