Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 364

MrMileyCyrus

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby MrMileyCyrus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:41 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:c'mon stanford
you are literally the last d(ing)ecision i am waiting on
end my cycle NAO

yah this is getting whack.

Sourrudedude

Postby Sourrudedude » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm

muzzy wrote:
Gary wrote:lol my new goal is the sweep HYS waitlist and ride it out until I finish Legal Methods at Columbia :P
"It was all part of the plan, guys!"
wtrc wrote:I don't think S has released any waitlist yet, right? S and Y have smaller WL's than H does, partially just a function of the smaller classes and all..
Not that I know of. I'm probably being presumptive with an S WL (and expect a ding soon from Y) but I'd be surprised if I was dinged by S (almost cleared both 75s).

I admire your confidence here. As someone sitting on six months of waiting with both numbers over 75th I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Dr.Zer0

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Well its about to be noon on the best coast. I'm calling it a day.

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koalacity

Postby koalacity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:Well its about to be noon on the best coast. I'm calling it a day.

I think we'll see a big wave of DLS late afternoon/evening today.

To follow up on what other posters were discussing this morning, from my perusing the applicant threads from the last two years this weekend, I discovered that:
1) She typically makes calls on Monday,Tuesday and/or Wednesday prior to ASW.
2) These calls are typically to URMs and non-trads (military, PhDs, strong WE, etc).
3) After ASW, there are no reported straight acceptances.
4) There are huge waves of DLSs the week prior to ASW and the weeks following ASW (all the way up until May 1)-both dings and waitlists. You can call to find out if your DLS is a waitlist or a ding if you don't want to wait for the snail mail letter.

Of course, ASW is earlier this year than it was the last two years, and this cycle hasn't necessarily followed any kind of pattern similar to prior cycles. Thus, we could see some post-ASW acceptances, and hopefully we'll see at least a handful of calls today/tomorrow/Wednesday.

I'm preparing for the worst, but I'm still desperately holding on to the hope that I'll get a call. Stanford has been the dream for years, and I'm not quite ready to give up yet.

ETA: calls were on Tuesday and/or Wednesday-nothing on Monday (there was one acceptance on LSN dated on Monday last year, but people think it may have been a mistake). Same with DLSs. MY BAD-sorry, guys! I wouldn't expect anything today.
Last edited by koalacity on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm

koalacity wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Well its about to be noon on the best coast. I'm calling it a day.

To follow up on what other posters were discussing this morning, from my perusing the applicant threads from the last two years this weekend, I discovered that:
1) She typically makes calls on Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday prior to ASW.
2) These calls are typically to URMs and non-trads (military, PhDs, strong WE, etc).
4) There are huge waves of DLSs the week prior to ASW and the weeks following ASW (all the way up until May 1)-both dings and waitlists. You can call to find out if your DLS is a waitlist or a ding if you don't want to wait for the snail mail letter.

Of course, ASW is earlier this year than it was the last two years, and this cycle hasn't necessarily followed any kind of pattern similar to prior cycles. Thus, we could see some post-ASW acceptances, and hopefully we'll see at least a handful of calls today/tomorrow/Wednesday.

I'm preparing for the worst, but I'm still desperately holding on to the hope that I'll get a call. Stanford has been the dream for years, and I'm not quite ready to give up yet.

I believe Koala here since I'm pretty sure she has read the SLS threads in their entirety, and the WL threads, back to 2008.

Dr.Zer0

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 pm

scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:

I believe Koala here since I'm pretty sure she has read the SLS threads in their entirety, and the WL threads, back to 2008.

Yeah, Koala is one of my fav from the Oct LSAT thread so I'm inclined to believe him as well. However, I just want the days to end as quickly as possible because the closer we get to SLS the closer that WL will appear and thats all I'm hoping for at this point.

Cocoblues

Postby Cocoblues » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:06 pm

koalacity wrote:

You are a hero, Koala!! Thanks for doing the research and sharing the results with us!! Now we wait. :(

love4life29

Postby love4life29 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:09 pm

koalacity wrote:

Thanks!! At least there are a lot of us still waiting.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:17 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:

Yeah, Koala is one of my fav from the Oct LSAT thread so I'm inclined to believe him as well. However, I just want the days to end as quickly as possible because the closer we get to SLS the closer that WL will appear and thats all I'm hoping for at this point.

:|

jjmaple8

Postby jjmaple8 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:18 pm

love4life29 wrote:
koalacity wrote:

Thanks!! At least there are a lot of us still waiting.

Agreed. Misery loves company haha

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm

lawschool22

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm

scoobers wrote::|

I think I know what you're referring to, but not 100% sure, but that's okay :lol:

corporatebarbarian

Postby corporatebarbarian » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:22 pm

I don't think I've been giving these schools enough credit - of course they are going to (nearly) fill their class long before their admitted students weekend so people can, ya know, actually attend.

In other words, I think we're screwed for straight admits.

andapieceoftoast

Postby andapieceoftoast » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:24 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:I don't think I've been giving these schools enough credit - of course they are going to (nearly) fill their class long before their admitted students weekend so people can, ya know, actually attend.

I think that was generally what people were saying :(

lastsamurai

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm

ding would sting...

...but hope this is over soon

corporatebarbarian

Postby corporatebarbarian » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:29 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
corporatebarbarian wrote:I don't think I've been giving these schools enough credit - of course they are going to (nearly) fill their class long before their admitted students weekend so people can, ya know, actually attend.

I just feel stupid for holding out hope so long. :cry:

andapieceoftoast

Postby andapieceoftoast » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:32 pm

corporatebarbarian wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:

I just feel stupid for holding out hope so long. :cry:

I feel the same way :(

koalacity

Postby koalacity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:36 pm

scoobers wrote:I believe Koala here since I'm pretty sure she has read the SLS threads in their entirety, and the WL threads, back to 2008.

:oops: literally lol'd
PSA: DO NOT read past year's applicant threads to the end. They are very depressing, and a great way to ruin your day.
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Yeah, Koala is one of my fav from the Oct LSAT thread so I'm inclined to believe him as well. However, I just want the days to end as quickly as possible because the closer we get to SLS the closer that WL will appear and thats all I'm hoping for at this point.

Cocoblues wrote:You are a hero, Koala!! Thanks for doing the research and sharing the results with us!! Now we wait. :(

muzzy wrote:Thanks, koala, for pouring through the TLS archives and giving a good sense of things to come. Now that we've moved on from baseless speculation to somewhat researched expectations, what is there left to do ITT?

Warms my heart, guys :D. Happy to provide info-though again, I'm hoping things will operate differently this year. There are still so many amazing applicants waiting to hear that I have to imagine (hope) that we'll still see some big waves of acceptances before it's all over.

Scvaz7

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm

I guess we will see what happens after lunch (aka 8 minutes)
Good luck everyone

Chalupa-Batman

Postby Chalupa-Batman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Very surprised by the lack of movement today. My gut is telling me this is a bad sign. And also that i should eat lots of fried food to cope with the stress. That is my systematic analysis of the situation.

Scvaz7

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Chalupa-Batman wrote:Very surprised by the lack of movement today. My gut is telling me this is a bad sign. And also that i should eat lots of fried food to cope with the stress. That is my systematic analysis of the situation.

I agree, I don't like the way any of this looks

CURIOUSABOUTLAW

Postby CURIOUSABOUTLAW » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:05 pm

koalacity wrote:

Hey Koala - for what it's worth, I got the admit call last week on a Wednesday and I'm a non-trad so your analysis seems to be pretty accurate

koalacity

Postby koalacity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:42 pm

koalacity wrote:

1) She typically makes calls on Monday,Tuesday and/or Wednesday prior to ASW.

ETA: calls were on Tuesday and/or Wednesday-nothing on Monday (there was one acceptance on LSN dated on Monday last year, but people think it may have been a mistake). Same with DLSs. MY BAD-sorry, guys! I wouldn't expect anything today.

See edit-I wrote the earlier post without looking at my notes (I mean...what notes?). Expect movement tomorrow and/or Wednesday if the pattern holds.

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”