Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
76
21%
No
288
79%
 
Total votes: 364

orangec90
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby orangec90 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:42 am

dlrbfl wrote:
Carter1901 wrote:
esther0123 wrote:so..... what is the latest complete date for a DLS so far?


I believe 12/18 - correct me if I'm wrong here though.




So.... for those of us with earlier complete dates, are we almost certainly WL?
It seems from last year's data that people like us were waitlisted in late April and heard back in August :cry:

Probably false hope, but I wish some of us September-mid November applicants could receive good news before April :oops: :oops:


Could be accept or reject too. If you look through lsnumbers, there are people who applied Sept/Oct and were accepted, WL and rejected in April. I guess it depends what they decide after their second review.

juicebox
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby juicebox » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:50 am

Have there been patterns for days of the week that calls have been going out?

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby unodostres » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm

unodostres wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!


+1

User avatar
sims1
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby sims1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 pm

unodostres wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!


I think the generally agreed TLS wisdom is that its not the end of the world to have a rewrite since there is incentive for schools to take your highest score. SLS probably cares more than lower ranked schools since they have a small class and have a selection of almost anyone but I'm not sure that a 3.9/173 vs a 3.9/169+173 would be treated much different.

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby AFP » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm

sims1 wrote:
unodostres wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!


I think the generally agreed TLS wisdom is that its not the end of the world to have a rewrite since there is incentive for schools to take your highest score. SLS probably cares more than lower ranked schools since they have a small class and have a selection of almost anyone but I'm not sure that a 3.9/173 vs a 3.9/169+173 would be treated much different.


I'm not claiming that it's indicative of Stanford's approach in every instance, but I have a friend who got accepted this cycle, and their LSATs stretch from the mid-160s to the mid-170s (on an upward progression over time). Take that for what you will.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby unodostres » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Thank you.

I'm just trying to see if it's realistic because I have a 15X on file from 2 years ago. I know an addendum will be needed. Just trying to see if there were any other posters in my situation.

Good luck everyone.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:08 pm

AFP wrote:
sims1 wrote:
unodostres wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!


I think the generally agreed TLS wisdom is that its not the end of the world to have a rewrite since there is incentive for schools to take your highest score. SLS probably cares more than lower ranked schools since they have a small class and have a selection of almost anyone but I'm not sure that a 3.9/173 vs a 3.9/169+173 would be treated much different.


I'm not claiming that it's indicative of Stanford's approach in every instance, but I have a friend who got accepted this cycle, and their LSATs stretch from the mid-160s to the mid-170s (on an upward progression over time). Take that for what you will.



The way I view this is that Stanford sees LSAT scores as a prerequisite. They can't accept an otherwise great candidate with a 150. If that person were to get a 172, that would change things. You can't admit a Neurosurgeon with a 150, not even if he is black.

User avatar
lemons
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lemons » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Seoulless wrote:
AFP wrote:
sims1 wrote:
unodostres wrote:Hi guys,

I was wondering what your take was on with regards to multiple LSATs and Stanford?

Anyone applying with multiple LSATs?

Thanks!


I think the generally agreed TLS wisdom is that its not the end of the world to have a rewrite since there is incentive for schools to take your highest score. SLS probably cares more than lower ranked schools since they have a small class and have a selection of almost anyone but I'm not sure that a 3.9/173 vs a 3.9/169+173 would be treated much different.


I'm not claiming that it's indicative of Stanford's approach in every instance, but I have a friend who got accepted this cycle, and their LSATs stretch from the mid-160s to the mid-170s (on an upward progression over time). Take that for what you will.



The way I view this is that Stanford sees LSAT scores as a prerequisite. They can't accept an otherwise great candidate with a 150. If that person were to get a 172, that would change things. You can't admit a Neurosurgeon with a 150, not even if he is black.


Tread lightly here

User avatar
corporatebarbarian
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby corporatebarbarian » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:26 pm

The way I view this is that Stanford sees LSAT scores as a prerequisite. They can't accept an otherwise great candidate with a 150. If that person were to get a 172, that would change things. You can't admit a Neurosurgeon with a 150, not even if he is black.[/quote]

Tread lightly here[/quote]

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-24648-breaking-bad-tread-lightly-gif-AE0T.gif

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?


That's all there is until a decision (phone call if in, "DLS" status if WL/deny).

User avatar
musharraf
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby musharraf » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?


Totally normal. You'll be at the same status until you get a happy phone call, or a less-than-happy Decison Letter Sent status, which equals rejection or waitlist.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:48 pm

According to the google doc, the average turnaround time for a decision is 70 days.

Scvaz7
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Scvaz7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:49 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?


That's all there is until a decision (phone call if in, "DLS" status if WL/deny).



I meant time wise. The google doc is kind of incomplete regarding the time between "submitted for review" status and decision date because a lot of people didn't fill it out so I was wondering what the actual normal wait time is?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?


That's all there is until a decision (phone call if in, "DLS" status if WL/deny).



I meant time wise. The google doc is kind of incomplete regarding the time between "submitted for review" status and decision date because a lot of people didn't fill it out so I was wondering what the actual normal wait time is?


I'm complete since mid-october. Have fun

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Scvaz7 wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Scvaz7 wrote:Application was submitted for review 2/9
Haven't heard anything or seen any changes
Is this normal? Can I discern anything from this?


That's all there is until a decision (phone call if in, "DLS" status if WL/deny).



I meant time wise. The google doc is kind of incomplete regarding the time between "submitted for review" status and decision date because a lot of people didn't fill it out so I was wondering what the actual normal wait time is?


Take a look at LSN for this year and last year. You can sort by "sent" date to see when people generally heard back, or look at this year's decisions to see about how long it's taken. FWIW, I submitted mid-November and still don't have a decision.

http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1213
http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1314

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby rseaney » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:58 pm

^ same boat.

User avatar
nyvel
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby nyvel » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Hey All,
Has anyone turned in an LOCI? If so, did you get any email or any confirmAtion of receipt?

User avatar
rseaney
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby rseaney » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 am

nyvel wrote:Hey All,
Has anyone turned in an LOCI? If so, did you get any email or any confirmAtion of receipt?



yes and yes. they said "your LOCI has been added to your file". should come to you within a couple business days

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby wtrc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 am

We expecting a big wave this week?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 am

wtrc wrote:We expecting a big wave this week?


I kinda think there has to be something.

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby gta » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:58 am

Seoulless wrote:According to the google doc, the average turnaround time for a decision is 70 days.


Tomorrow is day #70 for me :shock:

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:05 am

gta wrote:
Seoulless wrote:According to the google doc, the average turnaround time for a decision is 70 days.


Tomorrow is day #70 for me :shock:


I'll hit my 100th day of being Under Review in two days..

User avatar
AFP
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby AFP » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
wtrc wrote:We expecting a big wave this week?


I kinda think there has to be something.


I haven't been following along with how this year's action tracks last year, but March 2013 didn't appear to have much good news for non-URMs. Looking at LSN, the first half of the month had a slew of acceptances for URM's/non-traditional applicants, with a few scattered rejections, and then the latter half of the month was just wave after wave of rejections.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, champagnepapi, hwwong, Rosa Parks, smashbash, sre08, Yitzhak26 and 19 guests