Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
76
21%
No
288
79%
 
Total votes: 364

angelshare
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby angelshare » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:24 pm

it appears they are deciding on candidates (non-auto admits) according to submission dates... really hope their admissions process is similar to berk's in terms of holistic-ness.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:28 pm

angelshare wrote:it appears they are deciding on candidates (non-auto admits) according to submission dates... really hope their admissions process is similar to berk's in terms of holistic-ness.


I feel like SLS might have the most holistic approach of any of the T14

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:28 pm

angelshare wrote:it appears they are deciding on candidates (non-auto admits) according to submission dates... really hope their admissions process is similar to berk's in terms of holistic-ness.


I feel like SLS might have the most holistic approach of any of the T14

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby neprep » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
angelshare wrote:it appears they are deciding on candidates (non-auto admits) according to submission dates... really hope their admissions process is similar to berk's in terms of holistic-ness.


I feel like SLS might have the most holistic approach of any of the T14


Hahah this makes me feel worse about my eventual rejection, because they will have deemed me holistically incompetent to join SLS. "It's not that your GPA is low, or your LSAT is only borderline 99th percentile, or that you don't have work experience, per se, but that you're just overall a subpar applicant. Decision letter sent."

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:37 pm

neprep wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:
angelshare wrote:it appears they are deciding on candidates (non-auto admits) according to submission dates... really hope their admissions process is similar to berk's in terms of holistic-ness.


I feel like SLS might have the most holistic approach of any of the T14


Hahah this makes me feel worse about my eventual rejection, because they will have deemed me holistically incompetent to join SLS. "It's not that your GPA is low, or your LSAT is only borderline 99th percentile, or that you don't have work experience, per se, but that you're just overall a subpar applicant. Decision letter sent."


LOL I was thinking exactly the same thing as I was typing that. At least I'll know that I'm holistically below their standards

User avatar
cesium
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby cesium » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Does anyone know approximately how many people Stanford admitted from the waitlist last year?

hill
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hill » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 pm

cesium wrote:Does anyone know approximately how many people Stanford admitted from the waitlist last year?


http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/more-on-timing-turn-the-view-around/

Mike Spivey Consulting Blog Post wrote:But from the lens of the dean of admissions, we are still in the early innings. They know, just as they have experienced every cycle, that they will be filling a class all the way until September. Stanford Law, for example, admitted students off of the wait list right before classes started. So, sticking with the baseball analogy, one of the few very highly successful law schools last cycle was still playing smallball until Sept. Schools also know there is going to be a great deal of what they refer to as “summer melting” this cycle. For many schools, this means 50% or more of their entering classes will come from summer admits.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 pm

So if you survived your wave of DLSes based on complete date, does this likely mean you survived faculty review in at least some form? The last batch of decisions seems to have been 13 or so days ago and, in the meantime, they've DLSed a range of november completes...maybe cause for optimism? Has this been their pattern for later in the cycle faculty review admits? I've been rejected pretty much from everywhere but Berkeley, so I'm hoping Stanford does in fact share their "holistic" tendencies...

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby teampeeta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:So if you survived your wave of DLSes based on complete date, does this likely mean you survived faculty review in at least some form? The last batch of decisions seems to have been 13 or so days ago and, in the meantime, they've DLSed a range of november completes...maybe cause for optimism? Has this been their pattern for later in the cycle faculty review admits? I've been rejected pretty much from everywhere but Berkeley, so I'm hoping Stanford does in fact share their "holistic" tendencies...


I think faculty review happens later. There is always a big batch of rejections in April. AFAIK, those are the people who don't make it through faculty review. I bet if you haven't been DLSed yet and you applied in Sep-Nov, you probably made it through the initial review and are being held or faculty reviewed.

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby EquallyWrong » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm

teampeeta wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:So if you survived your wave of DLSes based on complete date, does this likely mean you survived faculty review in at least some form? The last batch of decisions seems to have been 13 or so days ago and, in the meantime, they've DLSed a range of november completes...maybe cause for optimism? Has this been their pattern for later in the cycle faculty review admits? I've been rejected pretty much from everywhere but Berkeley, so I'm hoping Stanford does in fact share their "holistic" tendencies...


I think faculty review happens later. There is always a big batch of rejections in April. AFAIK, those are the people who don't make it through faculty review. I bet if you haven't been DLSed yet and you applied in Sep-Nov, you probably made it through the initial review and are being held or faculty reviewed.

so it just means a longer wait I suppose. Thanks.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby nabadgelyo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2353
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10

Congrats!

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Howl » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10


Congratulations!! :D

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby koalacity » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10

CONGRATS!!! :D

Also, that complete date gives me hope. Please keep calling, Dean Deal!

eta: holy cow, you're having a KILLER cycle!
Last edited by koalacity on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bhs12
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bhs12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm

koalacity wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10

CONGRATS!!! :D

Also, that complete date gives me hope. Please keep calling, Dean Deal!



Congrats!!!

User avatar
hellomellow
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby hellomellow » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 pm

nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10


CONGRATS!!

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby thechancellor » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:44 pm

teampeeta wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:So if you survived your wave of DLSes based on complete date, does this likely mean you survived faculty review in at least some form? The last batch of decisions seems to have been 13 or so days ago and, in the meantime, they've DLSed a range of november completes...maybe cause for optimism? Has this been their pattern for later in the cycle faculty review admits? I've been rejected pretty much from everywhere but Berkeley, so I'm hoping Stanford does in fact share their "holistic" tendencies...


I think faculty review happens later. There is always a big batch of rejections in April. AFAIK, those are the people who don't make it through faculty review. I bet if you haven't been DLSed yet and you applied in Sep-Nov, you probably made it through the initial review and are being held or faculty reviewed.


I would love to think this is true since I went complete 10/29 but given my stats I'm not convinced I'm not an auto-ding they just forgot about.

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kathj06 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

hellomellow wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10


CONGRATS!!


Congratulations, nabadgelyo!!! I am jelly. Complete since mid-Sept.

User avatar
nabadgelyo
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby nabadgelyo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:57 pm

kathj06 wrote:
hellomellow wrote:
nabadgelyo wrote:Just got the call!

Submitted 12/5
Complete 12/10


CONGRATS!!


Congratulations, nabadgelyo!!! I am jelly. Complete since mid-Sept.


You're not out of the game. Honestly, I *really* wasn't expecting this since I'm a splitter...hopefully some of you guys will hear today!

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby aboutmydaylight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:58 pm

In just now by phone/email. Got a voicemail suddenly on my phone without any actual call coming through. Reception was horrible. Dean Deal left a message that didn't say anything about admission but she said she'd follow it up with an email so I freak out and try to check my application status on my phone. Sure enough I can't log on because for some reason the status checker only works with internet explorer. While trying to log in, the email comes through. Curse you AT&T.

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Arrow4Christ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Congrats, guys! :mrgreen:

love4life29
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby love4life29 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:In just now by phone/email. Got a voicemail suddenly on my phone without any actual call coming through. Reception was horrible. Dean Deal left a message that didn't say anything about admission but she said she'd follow it up with an email so I freak out and try to check my application status on my phone. Sure enough I can't log on because for some reason the status checker only works with internet explorer. While trying to log in, the email comes through. Curse you AT&T.


Congrats!! What was your complete date?

User avatar
aboutmydaylight
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby aboutmydaylight » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 pm

love4life29 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:In just now by phone/email. Got a voicemail suddenly on my phone without any actual call coming through. Reception was horrible. Dean Deal left a message that didn't say anything about admission but she said she'd follow it up with an email so I freak out and try to check my application status on my phone. Sure enough I can't log on because for some reason the status checker only works with internet explorer. While trying to log in, the email comes through. Curse you AT&T.


Congrats!! What was your complete date?


Don't know as I wasn't really following the dates because the status checker was really pissing me off on my end. Super late though. I submitted my app like 2/01-2/02. I'm 173/3.9x URM though so I don't know how much that will help.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Congrats guys!!

looks like they're scooping up URMs

User avatar
angels2fly
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby angels2fly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 pm

aboutmydaylight wrote:
love4life29 wrote:
aboutmydaylight wrote:In just now by phone/email. Got a voicemail suddenly on my phone without any actual call coming through. Reception was horrible. Dean Deal left a message that didn't say anything about admission but she said she'd follow it up with an email so I freak out and try to check my application status on my phone. Sure enough I can't log on because for some reason the status checker only works with internet explorer. While trying to log in, the email comes through. Curse you AT&T.


Congrats!! What was your complete date?


Don't know as I wasn't really following the dates because the status checker was really pissing me off on my end. Super late though. I submitted my app like 2/01-2/02. I'm 173/3.9x URM though so I don't know how much that will help.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests