Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
76
21%
No
288
79%
 
Total votes: 364

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm

IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO THE SPREADSHEET, FILL OUT THIS GOOGLE FORM:


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ldw-ZoSkeML_oXXxzJt_VIAkme12VHauYSMsuY3YMks/viewform

User avatar
Brettanomyces
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Brettanomyces » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 pm

lawschool22 wrote:IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO THE SPREADSHEET, FILL OUT THIS GOOGLE FORM:


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ldw-ZoSkeML_oXXxzJt_VIAkme12VHauYSMsuY3YMks/viewform


"Are you a troll?"

I lol'd.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby kershka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm

EJL123 wrote:Online status updated to DLS today with a ding.

Good luck to the rest of you all!

Sorry :( Best of luck on the rest of your cycle!

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby pseu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh my god, I have never been so happy to see the words "submitted for review". Hanging in there for another wave it seems.

Unfortunately I am sitting in the "held" stack it seems, so I hope on the next look they see something they really like in my app that they glanced over before :D

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Vexed » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:02 pm

I still can't believe I'm holding on right now.

User avatar
Moltenmama
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Moltenmama » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:21 am

pseu wrote:Oh my god, I have never been so happy to see the words "submitted for review". Hanging in there for another wave it seems.

Unfortunately I am sitting in the "held" stack it seems, so I hope on the next look they see something they really like in my app that they glanced over before :D

When did you apply, and when did you get your review status, may I ask?

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

Does anyone know what time the status checkers change/update for the day?
I'm trying (really hard) to only check my status once a day so that I don't drive myself crazy.

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Optimist Prime » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:35 am

andapieceoftoast wrote:Does anyone know what time the status checkers change/update for the day?
I'm trying (really hard) to only check my status once a day so that I don't drive myself crazy.


No idea, but god do I enjoy reading things from that avatar.

User avatar
andapieceoftoast
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:18 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby andapieceoftoast » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:40 am

Optimist Prime wrote:
andapieceoftoast wrote:Does anyone know what time the status checkers change/update for the day?
I'm trying (really hard) to only check my status once a day so that I don't drive myself crazy.


No idea, but god do I enjoy reading things from that avatar.


I know right? I do it for teh lulz :D
It's even more fun to announce rejections with (you know, after I've stopped crying and probably do resemble my avatar a great deal).

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 am

guys - what financial information are accepted/matriculating students *required* to release to the school? Tax returns etc?

User avatar
koval
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby koval » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:32 pm

I've been UR since 1/23. Is there anything I can gleam from that or is that normal?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:33 pm

dcruss wrote:I've been UR since 1/23. Is there anything I can gleam from that or is that normal?


That's all you're gonna get until DLS.

Everyone who hasn't had a decision yet has been UR since they've gone complete.

User avatar
koval
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby koval » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
dcruss wrote:I've been UR since 1/23. Is there anything I can gleam from that or is that normal?


That's all you're gonna get until DLS.

Everyone who hasn't had a decision yet has been UR since they've gone complete.


Is there a general turnaround from UR to DLS/Call or is it varied?

User avatar
luker1855
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby luker1855 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:39 pm

dcruss wrote:I've been UR since 1/23. Is there anything I can gleam from that or is that normal?



Hah try being under review since 9/13!

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby BillsFan9907 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Is there a difference between "under review" and "submitted for review?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

dcruss wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
dcruss wrote:I've been UR since 1/23. Is there anything I can gleam from that or is that normal?


That's all you're gonna get until DLS.

Everyone who hasn't had a decision yet has been UR since they've gone complete.


Is there a general turnaround from UR to DLS/Call or is it varied?


Varies. You can take a look at this if you're interested:

http://stanford.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1213

(scoobs: i typed this URL from memory)

User avatar
pseu
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby pseu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Moltenmama wrote:
pseu wrote:Oh my god, I have never been so happy to see the words "submitted for review". Hanging in there for another wave it seems.

Unfortunately I am sitting in the "held" stack it seems, so I hope on the next look they see something they really like in my app that they glanced over before :D

When did you apply, and when did you get your review status, may I ask?


Applied late November, UR same day (I think - that's what the status checker says anyway)

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Jessasaurus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:36 pm

So will dings continue to trickle out or are we expecting more wave-like sequences?

User avatar
Dingo Starr
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Dingo Starr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Bring on the tsunami!

winterorange
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby winterorange » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Checking in. Applied 2/3, submitted for review 2/13. Stanford's my top choice, but probably a reach. Still, I'll take anything in California. I can't stand winter.

edwardt1988
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby edwardt1988 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:11 pm

No DLS today? It seems that DLS was for apps from September to early November so far

Chooch51
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Chooch51 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Got my DLS yesterday. Checked the status around 4pm EST, saw that a decision letter had been sent, looked up what that meant on this thread and decided to wait til the end of the workday to see if I had been WL or rejected. Rejected. For anyone who is worried about calling in the future after receiving a DLS, they seemed happy to check my file for me and give me the answer directly rather than making me wait for the mail.

177, 3.6+, above average softs (probably close to average for SLS admits), 11/6/13 sent and received. I missed or may have inadvertently deleted the email where it went Under Review. FWIW Law School Predictor said "Strong Consider" and 62% at or below, but myLSN told a different story: 1/28 accepted with 0/28 waitlisted for those with LSAT 176-180 and GPA 3.60-3.70 since 2009-2010 cycle. Needless to say, I'm not upset about missing the boat here. Have only been focusing my hopes on HLS among the big 3 anyway.

Sorry LS22, I don't feel like making a new gmail account to post these numbers.

ETA: Non-URM.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby bbkk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Chooch51 wrote:Got my DLS yesterday. Checked the status around 4pm EST, saw that a decision letter had been sent, looked up what that meant on this thread and decided to wait til the end of the workday to see if I had been WL or rejected. Rejected. For anyone who is worried about calling in the future after receiving a DLS, they seemed happy to check my file for me and give me the answer directly rather than making me wait for the mail.

177, 3.6+, above average softs (probably close to average for SLS admits), 11/6/13 sent and received. I missed or may have inadvertently deleted the email where it went Under Review. FWIW Law School Predictor said "Strong Consider" and 62% at or below, but myLSN told a different story: 1/28 accepted with 0/28 waitlisted for those with LSAT 176-180 and GPA 3.60-3.70 since 2009-2010 cycle. Needless to say, I'm not upset about missing the boat here. Have only been focusing my hopes on HLS among the big 3 anyway.

Sorry LS22, I don't feel like making a new gmail account to post these numbers.

ETA: Non-URM.


Sorry to hear that Chooch51. :( Hope you have better news elsewhere!

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby phillywc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Got my letter. It was nice enough, at least.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby thechancellor » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 pm

phillywc wrote:Got my letter. It was nice enough, at least.


Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”