Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
76
21%
No
288
79%
 
Total votes: 364

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 pm

kershka wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:Sorry y'all, but not looking to go through 55 pages...

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right, submit to decision takes two weeks? That doesn't seem possible?

No, that's definitely not right. Someone probably just filtered the spreadsheet again and killed a kitten.

Most people had to wait at least a month though SLS has been a bit random in this last batch in regards to complete date. Most of the January admits thus far have been Oct/Nov submits, I believe.


Someone had used a January 2013 date as the decision date, which made a negative number, and forced the average way down. I fixed this, and the correct average is now 73.4 days.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby nothingtosee » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:Sorry y'all, but not looking to go through 55 pages...

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right, submit to decision takes two weeks? That doesn't seem possible?

No, that's definitely not right. Someone probably just filtered the spreadsheet again and killed a kitten.

Most people had to wait at least a month though SLS has been a bit random in this last batch in regards to complete date. Most of the January admits thus far have been Oct/Nov submits, I believe.


Someone had used a January 2013 date as the decision date, which made a negative number, and forced the average way down. I fixed this, and the correct average is now 73.4 days.


le sigh

User avatar
DonnaPaulsen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby DonnaPaulsen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 pm

kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote:Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.


Ask Donna, she knows everything apparently.

lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...



Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Kimikho » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 pm

koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


I can confirm with a 95% confidence interval that this is not accurate.

User avatar
DonnaPaulsen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby DonnaPaulsen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 pm

scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


I can confirm with a 95% confidence interval that this is not accurate.


Of course; I only went through about 60 people! I need a Mike to do things like this for me.

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Vincent » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


I can confirm with a 95% confidence interval that this is not accurate.


Of course; I only went through about 60 people! I need a Mike to do things like this for me.


For science? :roll: I can confirm that multiple people from my UG have been admitted, and that it is one of the schools on this list.

Joe Christmas
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby Joe Christmas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 pm

koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


My UG is definitely not on this list and I was accepted back in November.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:33 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote:Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.


Ask Donna, she knows everything apparently.

lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...



Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin


Wait, does this mean if your UG isn't on this list you aren't getting in? Oh darn, what a waste of an app fee. Well, have fun at SLS, people. Thanks for the list, Donna. :)

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby applelover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 pm

koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.

lol it is

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby applelover » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
Stanford
WUSTL
Yale
Berkeley
Penn
Princeton
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Duke
Georgetown
Harvard
Amherst
Chicago
Hamilton
Michigan
Occidental
Bates
BC
Case Western
Colorado
Colorado College
Dartmouth
DePauw
George Washington
Haverford
LMU
Nevada
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Pitt
Pitzer
Pomona
SMU
Texas
Tufts
UC Davis
UCLA
Utah
Washington
Wesleyan
Williams
Wisconsin

Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


I can confirm with a 95% confidence interval that this is not accurate.


Of course; I only went through about 60 people! I need a Mike to do things like this for me.


where'd you get the list of people from?

User avatar
crazyrobin
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby crazyrobin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:06 am

:P
My UG is on the list

But serious, where do you get this list?
I know you-know-everything Donna, but hey, just tell me your source.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 am

crazyrobin wrote::P
My UG is on the list

But serious, where do you get this list?
I know you-know-everything Donna, but hey, just tell me your source.


It isn't real.

liammial
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby liammial » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby FluffMonster » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:47 am

liammial wrote:Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)


It's my understanding that Stanford doesn't have rolling admissions, but applying this late will most definitely hurt your other applications.

OnaFets
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:13 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby OnaFets » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:20 am

Jules239 wrote:
liammial wrote:Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)


It's my understanding that Stanford doesn't have rolling admissions, but applying this late will most definitely hurt your other applications.


They do have rolling admissions, Yale doesn't.

User avatar
teampeeta
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby teampeeta » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:55 am

liammial wrote:Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)


I don't think so. Stanford does have rolling admissions, but they traditionally hold a lot of applications until late in the cycle. Many people don't get decisions until March/April. So, as long as you aren't an auto-ding or an auto-admit, I don't know what the advantage of applying early would be. You're probably just going to sit in silence while they evaluate your application against the rest of the applicant pool's anyway.

I applied this month. That's my rationale for procrastinating and I'm sticking to it. :D

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby The-Specs » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:59 am

OnaFets wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
liammial wrote:Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)


It's my understanding that Stanford doesn't have rolling admissions, but applying this late will most definitely hurt your other applications.


They do have rolling admissions, Yale doesn't.


They both do. Rolling admission by definition just means that you accept applicants over time and in some proportion to when they apply. This definitely happens at both schools but both do a good job (though Yale does a much better job of it than Stanford) of not letting that fact affect the chances of late applicants.

If they didn't have rolling admissions they would have one date after the deadline when all admissions decisions were released and every applicant would be considered only once all of the applications had come in.
Last edited by The-Specs on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

liammial
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby liammial » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 am

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm not an auto-ding or an auto-admit, but my stats are competitive.

User avatar
DonnaPaulsen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby DonnaPaulsen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:06 am

applelover wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:
scoobers wrote:
koalacity wrote:Paging Stanford admits: can you confirm or deny if your UG is on this list. TYIA. It's for science.


I can confirm with a 95% confidence interval that this is not accurate.


Of course; I only went through about 60 people! I need a Mike to do things like this for me.


where'd you get the list of people from?


I spent some time in archives :wink: But then one of Harvey's basketball things came up :roll:
Last edited by DonnaPaulsen on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DonnaPaulsen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby DonnaPaulsen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 am

Also, there's been a half-eaten box of chocolate-covered Macademia nuts from Hawaii in the admissions office. I wonder when they'll be gone?

User avatar
FuriousDuck
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby FuriousDuck » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:50 am

...
Last edited by FuriousDuck on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DonnaPaulsen
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby DonnaPaulsen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:38 am

FuriousDuck wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:Also, there's been a half-eaten box of chocolate-covered Macademia nuts from Hawaii in the admissions office. I wonder when they'll be gone?


Are we still sufficiently amused by this, or are we going to have to ask someone with the appropriate powers to make use of their banhammer?


That depends; do you want to ban one of your few sources of good information? Who else could tell you that among other people, SLS's admitted an Austrian Fulbright-er and a Berkeley Bear who now coaches debate in the SF Bay Area?

User avatar
EquallyWrong
Posts: 3213
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby EquallyWrong » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
FuriousDuck wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:Also, there's been a half-eaten box of chocolate-covered Macademia nuts from Hawaii in the admissions office. I wonder when they'll be gone?


Are we still sufficiently amused by this, or are we going to have to ask someone with the appropriate powers to make use of their banhammer?


That depends; do you want to ban one of your few sources of good information? Who else could tell you that among other people, SLS's admitted an Austrian Fulbright-er and a Berkeley Bear who now coaches debate in the SF Bay Area?


I mean, this person does have some pretty specific information that one could only get if they actually worked in the Stanford admissions office…things like a random list of schools, those macadamia nuts lying around, and two candidates who sound like they could be admits due to their prestigious Fulbright scholarship and debate skills so good they coach other people. Not to mention the random use of the first names Harvey and Mike who, one can only assume, add credibility to her story because who could make that stuff up and then have the guile to be so vague and offhand about it? Of course, this still wouldn't excuse how obnoxious and unprofessional they are being…or how totally worthless this information actually is.

OnaFets
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:13 am

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Postby OnaFets » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 am

The-Specs wrote:
OnaFets wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
liammial wrote:Am I in bad shape for having submitted late in the cycle? (Just went complete a few days ago.)


It's my understanding that Stanford doesn't have rolling admissions, but applying this late will most definitely hurt your other applications.


They do have rolling admissions, Yale doesn't.


They both do. Rolling admission by definition just means that you accept applicants over time and in some proportion to when they apply. This definitely happens at both schools but both do a good job (though Yale does a much better job of it than Stanford) of not letting that fact affect the chances of late applicants.

If they didn't have rolling admissions they would have one date after the deadline when all admissions decisions were released and every applicant would be considered only once all of the applications had come in.


Yes this is the right answer. Yale has it but to a lesser degree and it doesn't really affect your chances according to them. While I'm pretty sure Stanford has said there is an advantage to applying early. In the long run though, it probably isn't too big of an advantage.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”