Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 366

kershka

Silver

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 pm

koalacity wrote:
DonnaPaulsen wrote:At least 9 people have been admitted this week.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
What?!? How do you know?!?!?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ETA: I'm not seeing anything on LSN....

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 pm

kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
teenybean wrote:All my recommenders just sent me their letters in an email once I thanked them. They must've known I was super curious. It's definitely worth asking, it's such a peace of mind.
Lol, for extremely specific but uninteresting reasons I sort of want my recommenders to forget I am even going to law school for the time being, so I probably won't ask for now. Although I am very curious to read what they wrote.
lol, you probably phrased it that way "specific but uninteresting" so as not to elicit questions from us but you failed. Now I am even more curious to know why you want them to forget you are applying to law school :P

*Disclaimer: I'm not actually asking you to answer this question; it sounds like it could out you. It is just going to bug me for the rest of the night (yes, my life is that uninteresting)
Upon further thought I don't think it will out me.

I currently work full time in the field I went to UG for, any my company does a lot of recruiting at my UG. My profs are very familiar with where I work, etc. However my employer does not yet know I am planning on leaving this summer to attend law school. What I'm trying to avoid is a situation where, at one of the many recruiting events that will take place this spring (which I will not be attending for this very reason), one my my profs mentions something that would tip my current employers off to my plans when talking folks from my company. Something like, "How is lawschool22 doing? We are proud of his success at X Company. When does he leave for law school?" Or something to that effect.

Idk if that makes sense or not, and maybe it is paranoid, but I would rather not leave work just yet lol.

DonnaPaulsen

New

Post by DonnaPaulsen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 pm

kershka wrote:
koalacity wrote:

There's a great gif here: https://31.media.tumblr.com/451cd671318 ... o4_500.gif

that describes me perfectly, but I haven't gossiped enough here to post images yet. They should fix that.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:09 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
teenybean wrote:All my recommenders just sent me their letters in an email once I thanked them. They must've known I was super curious. It's definitely worth asking, it's such a peace of mind.
Lol, for extremely specific but uninteresting reasons I sort of want my recommenders to forget I am even going to law school for the time being, so I probably won't ask for now. Although I am very curious to read what they wrote.
lol, you probably phrased it that way "specific but uninteresting" so as not to elicit questions from us but you failed. Now I am even more curious to know why you want them to forget you are applying to law school :P

*Disclaimer: I'm not actually asking you to answer this question; it sounds like it could out you. It is just going to bug me for the rest of the night (yes, my life is that uninteresting)
Upon further thought I don't think it will out me.

I currently work full time in the field I went to UG for, any my company does a lot of recruiting at my UG. My profs are very familiar with where I work, etc. However my employer does not yet know I am planning on leaving this summer to attend law school. What I'm trying to avoid is a situation where, at one of the many recruiting events that will take place this spring (which I will not be attending for this very reason), one my my profs mentions something that would tip my current employers off to my plans when talking folks from my company. Something like, "How is lawschool22 doing? We are proud of his success at X Company. When does he leave for law school?" Or something to that effect.

Idk if that makes sense or not, and maybe it is paranoid, but I would rather not leave work just yet lol.
Ah, that makes sense :D Curiosity assuaged!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
kershka wrote:
koalacity wrote:

There's a great gif here: https://31.media.tumblr.com/451cd671318 ... o4_500.gif

that describes me perfectly, but I haven't gossiped enough here to post images yet. They should fix that.
Here you go! Donna is the best :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Now that kershka has posted your gif for you, tell us your secrets.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm

koalacity wrote:Now that kershka has posted your gif for you, tell us your secrets.
+1! Do you personally know 9 people who have been admitted? Or are you Dean Deal? If so, I'm a fantastic person who you should really admit. ;)

Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 pm

kershka wrote:
koalacity wrote:Now that kershka has posted your gif for you, tell us your secrets.
+1! Do you personally know 9 people who have been admitted? Or are you Dean Deal? If so, I'm a fantastic person who you should really admit. ;)

Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.
Kershka, I don't know when you changed it, but your 'tar is adorable.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 pm

kershka wrote:

ITT: koala destroys her troll-prediction accuracy

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 pm

midwest17 wrote:
kershka wrote:

Kershka, I don't know when you changed it, but your 'tar is adorable.
:D Thanks! I just changed it tonight. I was bored with the one I had.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm

kershka wrote: Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.
Ask Donna, she knows everything apparently.

DonnaPaulsen

New

Post by DonnaPaulsen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:29 pm

kershka wrote:

I know their names. And where they come from. I will not comment as to who I am, except for that I have a can opener in my drawer :D

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
kershka wrote:

I know their names. And where they come from. I will not comment as to who I am, except for that I have a can opener in my drawer :D
130 troll.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
kershka wrote: Also, is anyone else being continually logged out for no apparent reason tonight? This is driving me insane.
lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...

ETA: speaking of trolls, whatever happened to LS22's fan, LSZZ? Did he get banned or just give up because his trolling failed?

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 pm

DonnaPaulsen wrote:
kershka wrote:

Is the can opener specially designed for cans...of worms?

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 pm

kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...

ETA: speaking of trolls, whatever happened to LS22's fan, LSZZ? Did he get banned or just give up because his trolling failed?
I chased him away with my anti-troll abilities.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

koalacity wrote:
kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:

ITT: Koala discovers superpowers

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:39 pm

alex.cm wrote:
koalacity wrote:
kershka wrote: lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...

A wild troll appears!
DonnaPaulsen uses rumoredSLSacceptances attack!
It's super effective!
Koala has fainted!

I don't think I can claim anti-troll abilities anymore, guys

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:40 pm

koalacity wrote:
kershka wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:

Koala does have amazing anti-troll abilities :P Like that weird troll who was hating on Mort.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:54 pm

koalacity wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
koalacity wrote:
kershka wrote: lol, as far as trolls go, this one was fairly tame. It was a diverting distraction and helps us up the page count ITT. We're at the bottom of the T14 for # of pages; clearly we need more polls! Or poetry; that was popular over in the Harvard thread...

A wild troll appears!
It's super effective!
Koala has fainted!

love it

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm

koalacity wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
koalacity wrote:

A wild troll appears!
It's super effective!
Koala has fainted!

Pokemon reference? :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crazyrobin

Bronze

Post by crazyrobin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:31 pm

I love Donna Paulson Paulsen!!!!!!
:P

Edit: Oooops, spell it wrong.

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Sorry y'all, but not looking to go through 55 pages...

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right, submit to decision takes two weeks? That doesn't seem possible?

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:54 pm

nothingtosee wrote:Sorry y'all, but not looking to go through 55 pages...

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right, submit to decision takes two weeks? That doesn't seem possible?
No, that's definitely not right. Someone probably just filtered the spreadsheet again and killed a kitten.

Most people had to wait at least a month though SLS has been a bit random in this last batch in regards to complete date. Most of the January admits thus far have been Oct/Nov submits, I believe.

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Yeah, I'm on a phone and can't view other tabs in the sheet. Was is the real time from complete to decision?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”