Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 366

koalacity

Silver

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by koalacity » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 pm

yomisterd wrote:Finally copped that status checker. Now to only obsessively check three times a... hour.
I mean, feel free to wear out that F5 key if you'd like, but just FYI-once you go to "submitted for review," your status doesn't change one bit until you get a phone call (for acceptances) or until it changes to "decision letter sent" (which means a WL/ding without an accompanying call, or email if international). No date changes, no other changes.
Last edited by koalacity on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:When will the first rejections come out?
They tend to come en mass in February. Brace yourselves everyone. Winter is coming :shock:

(your 'tar. I couldn't help myself :P )

China Spy

Bronze

Post by China Spy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 pm

bbkk wrote:
China Spy wrote:
bbkk wrote:
China Spy wrote:How long did it take? I sent mine 10 days ago.
Exactly 10 days for me.
Looks like I'm getting dinged =/

Don't be so pessimistic. According to the spreadsheet, some people took a month to go complete. You'll be fine! :lol:
I actually ended up getting my status checker today! :D
koalacity wrote: I mean, feel free to wear out that F5 key if you'd like, but just FYI-once you go to "submitted for review," your status doesn't change one bit until you get a phone call (for acceptances) or change to "decision letter sent" (which means a WL/ding without an accompanying call, or email if international). No date changes, no other changes.
The excitement for my newfound status checker was short lived. :(

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:38 pm

So the 30th is the next predicted date for calls, then, based on history and our very precise science of speculations?

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:41 pm

China Spy wrote:
koalacity wrote: I mean, feel free to wear out that F5 key if you'd like, but just FYI-once you go to "submitted for review," your status doesn't change one bit until you get a phone call (for acceptances) or change to "decision letter sent" (which means a WL/ding without an accompanying call, or email if international). No date changes, no other changes.
I've heard they fixed the status checker--it shouldn't change at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mynameis08

New

Post by mynameis08 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Hey guys just one question, does Stanford has a history of admitting applicants late in the cycle? I mean What about those submitting late? I tried sending a letter to Stanford regarding submission of feb lsat and they approved it just yesterday. I am very well aware of the fact that I am highly disadvantaged now that I am submitting my Feb lsat. But I just want to know if you guys know someone who has done the same thing or has anybody here planning to submit really late in the cycle?

Thanks!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:06 am

mynameis08 wrote:Hey guys just one question, does Stanford has a history of admitting applicants late in the cycle? I mean What about those submitting late? I tried sending a letter to Stanford regarding submission of feb lsat and they approved it just yesterday. I am very well aware of the fact that I am highly disadvantaged now that I am submitting my Feb lsat. But I just want to know if you guys know someone who has done the same thing or has anybody here planning to submit really late in the cycle?

Thanks!
Last admits pre-WL were mid April. It was only 3-5 spots by that point though. Seemed like some were newly considered candidates, some were files they'd been holding on for a while. There was decent waitlist action in August, but thats a re-evaluation of the entire pool

mynameis08

New

Post by mynameis08 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:31 am

(deleted)
Last edited by mynameis08 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mynameis08

New

Post by mynameis08 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:33 am

jbagelboy wrote:
mynameis08 wrote:Hey guys just one question, does Stanford has a history of admitting applicants late in the cycle? I mean What about those submitting late? I tried sending a letter to Stanford regarding submission of feb lsat and they approved it just yesterday. I am very well aware of the fact that I am highly disadvantaged now that I am submitting my Feb lsat. But I just want to know if you guys know someone who has done the same thing or has anybody here planning to submit really late in the cycle?

Thanks!
Last admits pre-WL were mid April. It was only 3-5 spots by that point though. Seemed like some were newly considered candidates, some were files they'd been holding on for a while. There was decent waitlist action in August, but thats a re-evaluation of the entire pool

Thanks for this you have an idea if those who have been considered had a really high stats?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Vincent

Bronze

Post by Vincent » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:34 am

mynameis08 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for this you have an idea if those who have been considered had a really high stats?
I was one of the April admits. I can tell you that as we approached ASW, Faye and the faculty committee definitely worked overtime to get as many people evaluated and invited as possible. I got the call on a Saturday morning, and got further emails that night, actually. I believe 2 others were admitted with me as well. After the initial January wave, offers basically slow to a trickle - 2 on one day, 1 a couple days later, etc.

mynameis08

New

Post by mynameis08 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 am

Vincent wrote:
mynameis08 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thanks!

I was one of the April admits. I can tell you that as we approached ASW, Faye and the faculty committee definitely worked overtime to get as many people evaluated and invited as possible. I got the call on a Saturday morning, and got further emails that night, actually. I believe 2 others were admitted with me as well. After the initial January wave, offers basically slow to a trickle - 2 on one day, 1 a couple days later, etc.
Did you submit really early in the cycle? Mind sharing your stats?

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 am

scoobers wrote:
China Spy wrote:
I've heard they fixed the status checker--it shouldn't change at all.
This was a disappointment/relief to hear. I'll make sure to check back here to congratulate/sympathize and update when I get my ding in mid-March.

Trig

Bronze

Post by Trig » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 am

Vincent wrote:
mynameis08 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Thanks!

I am assuming this January wave is a big one. Has it happened yet?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

db1990

New

Post by db1990 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Agh, I keep getting (650) sales calls!

I can't handle this! :shock:

wowhio

Bronze

Post by wowhio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 pm

WHERE ARE THESE DECISIONS. COME ON STANFORD. MY GOD.

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17 pm

wowhio wrote:WHERE ARE THESE DECISIONS. COME ON STANFORD. MY GOD.
+1

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

^ Got into Columbia today. Not allowed to complain.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wowhio

Bronze

Post by wowhio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

midwest17 wrote:
^ Got into Columbia today. Not allowed to complain.
Yeah oops... I posted this and right after I went downstairs and got the letter from Columbia. The law school gods are having a fun time with me today.

So, to revise: Oh please take your time, dear Stanford. We are in no rush whatsoever. We know your sweet, sweet admission is worth every second of the wait.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 pm

So, fellow Stanford waiters, I'm home sick and instead of writing my 250 or filling out my NeedAccess, I decided to again casually peruse last year's Stanford thread.

Last year, Dean Deal called a bunch of people on Wednesday 1/30, including a January complete.
Then she called a few more people on Friday 2/1, and a few more on Monday 2/4, and one more on Tuesday 2/5.
Then nothing until she made a few calls on Tuesday 2/12.
And then there was absolutely no movement until the ding wave began on Wednesday 2/20.
More dings were reported on Friday 2/22, Monday 2/25, and Thursday 2/28.
The first acceptances after the mini-wave on Tuesday 2/12 were on Thursday 2/28, and then she released a few more acceptances on Friday 3/1.

For the most part, calls were made in mid-late morning PST, though at least a few calls were made later in the afternoon.

Take this information with a veritable bucket of salt, as we've already seen fairly significant deviation from last year's cycle this year.

MnM22

Bronze

Post by MnM22 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 pm

koalacity wrote:So, fellow Stanford waiters, I'm home sick and instead of writing my 250 or filling out my NeedAccess, I decided to again casually peruse last year's Stanford thread.

Last year, Dean Deal called a bunch of people on Wednesday 1/30, including a January complete.
Then she called a few more people on Friday 2/1, and a few more on Monday 2/4, and one more on Tuesday 2/5.
And then there was absolutely no movement until the ding wave began on Wednesday 2/20.
The first acceptances after the mini-wave on Tuesday 2/12 were on Thursday 2/28, and then she released a few more acceptances on Friday 3/1.

For the most part, calls were made in mid-late morning PST, though at least a few calls were made later in the afternoon.

Take this information with a veritable bucket of salt, as we've already seen fairly significant deviation from last year's cycle this year.
:shock: WOAH. THANK YOU!!! Even though it's not science it's still helpful in calming everyone's nerves.

JodieLovesChachi

Bronze

Post by JodieLovesChachi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 pm

koalacity wrote:So, fellow Stanford waiters, I'm home sick and instead of writing my 250 or filling out my NeedAccess, I decided to again casually peruse last year's Stanford thread.

This is golden.
And i guess this is me checking in!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for this, Koala. Feel better!!

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 pm

wtrc wrote:

Thanks for this, Koala. Feel better!!
so..............¿tomorrow?

only time I'm doing that, folks. I'm a BIG believer in jinxing

Cocoblues

Bronze

Post by Cocoblues » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:02 pm

MnM22 wrote:

:shock: WOAH. THANK YOU!!! Even though it's not science it's still helpful in calming everyone's nerves.
+1

FuriousDuck

Silver

Post by FuriousDuck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Last edited by FuriousDuck on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”