Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 366

muzzy

Bronze

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by muzzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chalupa-Batman

Bronze

Post by Chalupa-Batman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 pm

koalacity wrote:
gottago wrote: yea that's what I was looking for. lol fuck. I was hoping that some recent good news would be a leading indicator for S but at least now I'm only slightly worse than a coin-flip whereas before I was only looking at 26%
Would you take S over YH, though?
Only a 47% chance of admission at stanford based on your admission to yale. I am so sympathetic to every aspect of your highly undesirable situation.

gottago

Bronze

Post by gottago » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:03 pm

edit
Last edited by gottago on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:07 pm

damn t3 hogs

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 pm

scoobers wrote:damn t3 hogs

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm

gottago wrote:
koalacity wrote: Just remember that there are people who would give their kidney and/or first-born children to have the chance to actually go to these schools. Collecting acceptances shouldn't be a thing.
Yea I've already withdrawn from most schools I'm 100% not going to so someone else can take my spot. I can't say for certain that I'm 100% not going to SLS though. though if i don't get in then that's easy
On the one hand: good for you for having a variety top options, but the phrase embarrassment of riches comes to mind... The no harvard, no Yale, under elongated review at Stanford preterite are the people whose bitchings this board should be mainly about, in my embittered opinion at least. (seriously though, go to Yale...HLS is for the unwashed masses)

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:21 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
gottago wrote:
koalacity wrote: Just remember that there are people who would give their kidney and/or first-born children to have the chance to actually go to these schools. Collecting acceptances shouldn't be a thing.
Yea I've already withdrawn from most schools I'm 100% not going to so someone else can take my spot. I can't say for certain that I'm 100% not going to SLS though. though if i don't get in then that's easy
On the one hand: good for you for having a variety top options, but the phrase embarrassment of riches comes to mind... The no harvard, no Yale, under elongated review at Stanford preterite are the people whose bitchings this board should be mainly about, in my embittered opinion at least. (seriously though, go to Yale...HLS is for the unwashed masses)
Preach.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:25 pm

scoobers wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:
gottago wrote:
Preach.
I agree, but I understand the people who have S or Y as a top choice (as opposed to H) and are super invested in the process for those schools, even though they have gotten into H. For people that wouldn't consider S or H or other schools but are nonstop on the forums for the schools trying to get in for the sake of pure ego and then a withdrawal, meh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 pm

wtrc wrote:
scoobers wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote: On the one hand: good for you for having a variety top options, but the phrase embarrassment of riches comes to mind... The no harvard, no Yale, under elongated review at Stanford preterite are the people whose bitchings this board should be mainly about, in my embittered opinion at least. (seriously though, go to Yale...HLS is for the unwashed masses)
Preach.
I agree, but I understand the people who have S or Y as a top choice (as opposed to H) and are super invested in the process for those schools, even though they have gotten into H. For people that wouldn't consider S or H or other schools but are nonstop on the forums for the schools trying to get in for the sake of pure ego and then a withdrawal, meh.
Preach, brother/sister.

JWP1022

Bronze

Post by JWP1022 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
scoobers wrote:damn t3 hogs
How did you get a picture of my ex-wife???

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:32 pm

wtrc wrote:I agree, but I understand the people who have S or Y as a top choice (as opposed to H) and are super invested in the process for those schools, even though they have gotten into H. For people that wouldn't consider S or H or other schools but are nonstop on the forums for the schools trying to get in for the sake of pure ego and then a withdrawal, meh.
harvardians looking to trade up are fine. main point was that yale is just so beyond the pale, basically the fairy tale castle of law school admissions, that a gentle admonishing seemed in order.

bhs12

Bronze

Post by bhs12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:35 pm

EquallyWrong wrote: harvardians looking to trade up are fine. main point was that yale is just so beyond the pale basically the fairy tale castle of law school admissions, that a gentle admonishing seemed in order.

Is it, though? That's what some of us are still trying to discern.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chalupa-Batman

Bronze

Post by Chalupa-Batman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:50 pm

bhs12 wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote: harvardians looking to trade up are fine. main point was that yale is just so beyond the pale basically the fairy tale castle of law school admissions, that a gentle admonishing seemed in order.

I guess 17% of those accepted don't think so, but evidence shows they are sociopaths and are not to be trusted.

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:55 pm

bhs12 wrote:

people should definitely go on whatever mystical vision quest they need to make a final decision that is right for them, but for the purposes of law school admissions solidarity it is harder to pull for someone who has already made it into the hallowed halls of Yale. I agree that the whole prestige/ranking/name thing is tricky to disassemble and consider rationally according to one's own needs, but the dominant perspective that will be encountered on pretty much every thread is I didn't get into Yale and not I did but am taking it all in depth and critically so let's all discuss my hypothetical clean sweep of the three most prestigious schools in existence.

bhs12

Bronze

Post by bhs12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:02 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
bhs12 wrote:

people should definitely go on whatever mystical vision quest they need to make a final decision that is right for them, but for the purposes of law school admissions solidarity it is harder to pull for someone who has already made it into the hallowed halls of Yale. I agree that the whole prestige/ranking/name thing is tricky to disassemble and consider rationally according to one's own needs, but the dominant perspective that will be encountered on pretty much every thread is I didn't get into Yale and not I did but am taking it all in depth and critically so let's all discuss my hypothetical clean sweep of the three most prestigious schools in existence.
Ok, that's fair. Checking out.

ETA: My intention, fwiw, is really not to be a self-congratulatory, privileged prick. I am truly torn (first world problem as it may be).

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm

bhs12 wrote: Ok, that's fair. Checking out.

ETA: My intention, fwiw, is really not to be a self-congratulatory, privileged prick. I am truly torn (first world problem as it may be).
To get serious: the only way I can think of of making a truly informed decision between them is to visit both campuses and have your subjective take aways or interview any current/former students you can get a hold of. Was not my intention to bully anybody off the thread!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PotenC

Bronze

Post by PotenC » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:15 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
bhs12 wrote:

bhs12

Bronze

Post by bhs12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:

To get serious: the only way I can think of of making a truly informed decision between them is to visit both campuses and have your subjective take aways or interview any current/former students you can get a hold of. Was not my intention to bully anybody off the thread!
No worries; you didn't bully me. I think you're probably right (on multiple accounts), and I appreciate the advice.

EvMont

Bronze

Post by EvMont » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:36 pm

PotenC wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:
bhs12 wrote:

Chalupa-Batman

Bronze

Post by Chalupa-Batman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

bhs12 wrote:
EquallyWrong wrote:

No worries; you didn't bully me. I think you're probably right (on multiple accounts), and I appreciate the advice.
"No, I can be more ingratiating and polite."
"No, I can be more ingratiating and polite!"
"Ok, you can be more ingratiating and polite."
"Damn."

Jk guys.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:40 pm

It's so...quiet :(.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chalupa-Batman

Bronze

Post by Chalupa-Batman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm

muzzy wrote:
koalacity wrote:It's so...quiet :(.
Probably all admissions hands on deck for asw.

Cocoblues

Bronze

Post by Cocoblues » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm

They can't be done with pre-waitlist acceptances :(. ASW is super-early this year...Maybe there is still some hope.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”