Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Have you been admitted?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 366

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Re: Stanford c/o 2017 (2013-2014 applicants)

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:54 am

rrpati88 wrote:As someone who just found this forum, I appreciate the informative nature of it. However, as someone who worked in undergraduate admissions, I can tell you it is harder than you think. Y'all should cut Dean Deal and the Committee at Stanford a break and be a bit more appreciative. Also, if y'all would check this board a little less frequently, I assure you it will drive down your stress levels. Everything happens for a reason and the process is out of your hands at this point. Best of luck to everyone.

Respectfully Yours
aw, faye, are you feeling a bit hurt?

herrowww

New

Post by herrowww » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:55 am

rrpati88 wrote:As someone who just found this forum, I appreciate the informative nature of it. However, as someone who worked in undergraduate admissions, I can tell you it is harder than you think. Y'all should cut Dean Deal and the Committee at Stanford a break and be a bit more appreciative. Also, if y'all would check this board a little less frequently, I assure you it will drive down your stress levels. Everything happens for a reason and the process is out of your hands at this point. Best of luck to everyone.

Respectfully Yours

Dean Deal, is that you!? We were just JKing... Call me maybe?

teampeeta

Bronze

Post by teampeeta » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am

Respectfully Yours
I appreciate this sentiment, but I'm calling bs on admissions being harder than we think as an acceptable reason for SLS's ratchetry. I think it's pretty cold blooded and unnecessary to make people wait 6 or 7 months just to get dinged. The WLs I can understand- it's tough to make decisions about people on the bubble, especially if you're waiting to see which of the admitted students matriculates. But dinging people at the very end of April who've been UR since Sept/October? Really?

Dean Deal is better than that.
Last edited by teampeeta on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

actexas

New

Post by actexas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am

All,
Check out new poll and vote for Stanford c/0 2017 status on 4/30/2014
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 85&start=0

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:59 am

Respectfully Yours

This sounds like an adcomm :lol:
but we appreciate you for coming to calm us down a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 pm

teampeeta wrote:

Respectfully Yours
I appreciate this sentiment, but I'm calling bs on admissions being harder than we think as an acceptable reason for SLS's ratchetry. I think it's pretty cold blooded and unnecessary to make people wait 6 or 7 months just to get dinged. The WLs I can understand- it's tough to make decisions about people on the bubble, especially if you're waiting to see which of the admitted students matriculates. But dinging people at the very end of April who've been UR since Sept/October? Really?

Not to mention that every other school in the T14 (except maybe Columbia-I think there a few people still pending there) finished making decisions long before now. You can't possibly argue that Stanford's process is somehow even more holistic than Yale's, yet Yale finished releasing decisions 2 weeks ago-and that's with them receiving a large portion of their competitive applications right around the deadline (which Stanford doesn't have to deal with since they're rolling).

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 pm

koalacity wrote:
teampeeta wrote:

Respectfully Yours

Not to mention that every other school in the T14 (except maybe Columbia-I think there a few people still pending there) finished making decisions long before now. You can't possibly argue that Stanford's process is somehow even more holistic than Yale's, yet Yale finished releasing decisions 2 weeks ago-and that's with them receiving a large portion of their competitive applications right around the deadline (which Stanford doesn't have to deal with since they're trolling).
FTFY

andapieceoftoast

Bronze

Post by andapieceoftoast » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 pm

chizzy wrote:

Respectfully Yours
This is the part that I get a little annoyed by...I've tried to stay very positive on this board/TLS in general, but I have a hard time feeling "appreciative" that my app has been hanging in the balance for over 6 months. It's a crappy situation for all parties involved; I'm sure that making these decisions is not easy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it sucks more for the applicant.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Let it be known that I have not criticized SLS admissions and am very appreciative of them taking the 6 months to look over my application. I wouldn't mind waiting until mid-may if it's a straight acceptance :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:08 pm

andapieceoftoast wrote:
chizzy wrote:

Respectfully Yours
This is the part that I get a little annoyed by...I've tried to stay very positive on this board/TLS in general, but I have a hard time feeling "appreciative" that my app has been hanging in the balance for over 6 months. It's a crappy situation for all parties involved; I'm sure that making these decisions is not easy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it sucks more for the applicant.
i definitely agree

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

i wish the ABA changes the admissions process and set a specific date when everyone should receive a decision. I feel like that would make life a whole lot easier, even for adcomms.

tparks

New

Post by tparks » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 pm

You are all weak and will not survive the winter. I call for an additional six months of waiting, if only to show my unwavering commitment to the integrity of this process.

andapieceoftoast

Bronze

Post by andapieceoftoast » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

tparks wrote:You are all weak and will not survive the winter. I call for an additional six months of waiting, if only to show my unwavering commitment to the integrity of this process.
Winter is coming.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

tparks wrote:You are all weak and will not survive the winter. I call for an additional six months of waiting, if only to show my unwavering commitment to the integrity of this process.
Exactly the point of why some people want to get into S :D

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Valar Morghulis

Brettanomyces

Bronze

Post by Brettanomyces » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm

chizzy wrote:i wish the ABA changes the admissions process and set a specific date when everyone should receive a decision. I feel like that would make life a whole lot easier, even for adcomms.
This would be pretty much impossible, considering that WL's aren't technically a decision.

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Brettanomyces wrote:
chizzy wrote:i wish the ABA changes the admissions process and set a specific date when everyone should receive a decision. I feel like that would make life a whole lot easier, even for adcomms.
This would be pretty much impossible, considering that WL's aren't technically a decision.
technically they are. they could inform people that they are on WL the same time, just incase they dont cover their class size.
i feel like the process would work in everyones favor.After the specific date, students would then have the time to decide where to withdraw and commit. then schools could resort to their waitlists.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
Exactly the point of why some people want to get into S :D
I have absolutely no idea to whom you are referring here.

fleurdelis2

Bronze

Post by fleurdelis2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

I got a call from a telemarketer with the same area code. SO CRUEL SO EVIL AT THIS POINT IN THE PROCESS

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:29 pm

i hope faye doesn't track everyone on TLS and flat out ding people that are complaining.

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Respectfully Yours
I think most people here are just being cranky about Stanford's admissions timeline in a playful sort of way.
I really can't help but take some genuine offense at this homely little sermon though...of course it's the job of adcomms to be judgmental...

ETA: after looking over it, I'm convinced this is the work of a mild troll...but then again, given the recent case of the UVA wait list, you never can tell...maybe not troll, but it sounds like a parody.
Last edited by EquallyWrong on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

actexas

New

Post by actexas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 pm

One vote got DLS as bean Wait-listed today
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=228785

whippersnappery

Bronze

Post by whippersnappery » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Not to incite a riot, but thought you guys might want to know that someone was added to the admitted students facebook group yesterday. Take that as you will.

Good luck all--I'm rooting for all of you.

actexas

New

Post by actexas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Two voted as received calls today? Really?

Brettanomyces

Bronze

Post by Brettanomyces » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

actexas wrote:Two voted as received calls today? Really?
Nahhh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”