UChicago Waitlist 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hohenheim

Bronze

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Post by hohenheim » Fri May 10, 2013 6:19 pm

LRGhost wrote:
spillman wrote:For those who got an interview request, had you already had an interview or is this your first?
First.

I was WL'ed March 29th and sent my essay on April 15th.
+1 to all of these (especially submitting the essay on the last day... 8) )

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 10, 2013 6:38 pm

I did not get an interview invite. Applied in Septemberish, WLed months ago (December? January? I can't remember).

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Interview invite

Applied Oct
WLed around March I think.

Wouldn't sweat it if you don't get an interview. The website says it's done in order. Maybe it's order of when we were WLed?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 10, 2013 11:08 pm

senorhosh wrote:Interview invite

Applied Oct
WLed around March I think.

Wouldn't sweat it if you don't get an interview. The website says it's done in order. Maybe it's order of when we were WLed?
Unpossible. I was waitlisted in the first wave. But it's ok, you guys go on without me, don't worry about me.

sideoffries

New

Post by sideoffries » Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Applied January 2.
Waitlisted March 29.
Interview invite today.

I have emailed them a LOCI saying I will attend if admitted, and I also reiterated that on my additional comments section on Wednesday's WL form.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Sat May 11, 2013 3:28 am

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Sat May 11, 2013 11:02 am

For those with interviews approaching: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=200887

Good luck!

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 am

beepboopbeep wrote:For those with interviews approaching: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=200887

Good luck!
Ty. Read through that yesterday. Honestly, the hardest question would be 'What's your biggest accomplishment'. :(

ztlsbound

New

Post by ztlsbound » Sun May 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Did anyone waitlisted after an interview have a new date on status checker after submitting an affirmative waitlist response form?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Volforlife

Bronze

Post by Volforlife » Sun May 12, 2013 5:16 pm

ztlsbound wrote:Did anyone waitlisted after an interview have a new date on status checker after submitting an affirmative waitlist response form?
Yep, my date updated.

ztlsbound

New

Post by ztlsbound » Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Volforlife wrote:
ztlsbound wrote:Did anyone waitlisted after an interview have a new date on status checker after submitting an affirmative waitlist response form?
Yep, my date updated.

Thanks. I'll ask my mom why she told me I was a piece of snowflake after I wish her happy holidays.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm

ztlsbound wrote:
Volforlife wrote:
Yep, my date updated.

Thanks. I'll ask my mom why she told me I was a piece of snowflake after I wish her happy holidays.
Mine also updated to 5/10. Dammit I thought I was done with status checkers. So as far as these new interview invites - is the consensus that they are interviewing only folks who were WL'ed without first being interviewed?

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm

ht2988 wrote:Mine also updated to 5/10. Dammit I thought I was done with status checkers. So as far as these new interview invites - is the consensus that they are interviewing only folks who were WL'ed without first being interviewed?
It seems so. None of us upthread with interviews had them before.

Mine's in like twenty hours. I'll report back afterward if anything was different from Regulus' thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Mine also updated to 5/10. Dammit I thought I was done with status checkers. So as far as these new interview invites - is the consensus that they are interviewing only folks who were WL'ed without first being interviewed?
It seems so. None of us upthread with interviews had them before.

Mine's in like twenty hours. I'll report back afterward if anything was different from Regulus' thread.
All the best!!!

deng

New

Post by deng » Sun May 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Last edited by deng on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Sun May 12, 2013 10:15 pm

deng wrote:Has anyone been given the option to interview in person? The skype interview is intimidating, I'd rather do it live. (I live in Chicago).
I was debating asking too, but they made it relatively clear in the materials that all interviews are skype interviews. Wouldn't hurt to try though, I s'pose.

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Soooon

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

onionz

Bronze

Post by onionz » Mon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Excited to hear what people have to say about the interviews today.

Do people have any thoughts on what we're interviewing for? A part of me thinks it has to be to fill open seats in the class, as why go through the effort to interview people. Another part of me thinks we may just be interviewing to be allowed to remain on the waitlist. Not that any of us could know, but curious what others think...

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Just had mine. It went really well at times and not so well at others, haha. Everything was pretty much covered in Regulus' thread.
  • Why law?
  • Why Chicago?
  • Why did you come here for undergrad?
  • What would you do with your life if law school just, like, didn't exist?
  • What would your professors say about you? (I really stuck my foot in my mouth on this one, lol.)
  • Greatest achievement?
  • Biggest regret?
  • Any questions?
I think that's pretty much it. They did ask about other waitlists/deposits, but only after I offered that info first. They didn't say anything about what these were for, but I imagine it's for spots. I can't imagine they'd interview just to leave us on the waitlist.

I definitely looked at the video and not the camera the whole time, though. Oh well.

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon May 13, 2013 4:00 pm

beepboopbeep wrote: I definitely looked at the video and not the camera the whole time, though. Oh well.
I think I did 50/50. When I spoke, I think I looked mostly at the camera, though. Also, I think the interview is for spots but I don't think anything is going to happen soon, but I'm just basing that on the interview invites apparently being sequential to when you received a WL notification.

onionz

Bronze

Post by onionz » Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 pm

LRGhost wrote:but I'm just basing that on the interview invites apparently being sequential to when you received a WL notification.
There are some people who got waitlisted early on who didn't get an invite:
BigZuck wrote:I did not get an interview invite. Applied in Septemberish, WLed months ago (December? January? I can't remember).
BigZuck wrote:Unpossible. I was waitlisted in the first wave. But it's ok, you guys go on without me, don't worry about me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm

onionz wrote:
LRGhost wrote:but I'm just basing that on the interview invites apparently being sequential to when you received a WL notification.
BigZuck wrote:I did not get an interview invite. Applied in Septemberish, WLed months ago (December? January? I can't remember).
BigZuck wrote:Unpossible. I was waitlisted in the first wave. But it's ok, you guys go on without me, don't worry about me.
That some people is me and me only it seems. But it's cool.

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon May 13, 2013 7:27 pm

BigZuck wrote:
onionz wrote:
:(

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 pm

BigZuck wrote: That some people is me and me only it seems. But it's cool.
D: I really hope you get an invite

zoidberg86

Bronze

Post by zoidberg86 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

BigZuck wrote:
onionz wrote:
You aren't alone. My dates are similar to yours. September/October application and a forever ago WL that I pretty much forgot about. And no interview invite.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”