UChicago Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LRGhost

Re: UChicago Waitlist 2013

Postby LRGhost » Wed May 22, 2013 4:38 pm

onionz wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Any idea on when the next wave of HLS admits is coming?

Probably have more luck posting that in the Harvard thread :-p

Well, I meant that as a relevant discussion to this! As HLS admits more people, presumably some spots will open here!

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm

LRGhost wrote:Well, I meant that as a relevant discussion to this! As HLS admits more people, presumably some spots will open here!

As it happens, seems like a JS2 wave started this afternoon. Here's hoping UofC goes next!

Pure speculation here, but it might have to do with transfer apps, too - I'm not sure what kind of timeline those are on, or whether they're done yet. I would imagine they'd hold off on decisions until second-semester grades are out.

onionz

Postby onionz » Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Well, I meant that as a relevant discussion to this! As HLS admits more people, presumably some spots will open here!

As it happens, seems like a JS2 wave started this afternoon. Here's hoping UofC goes next!

Pure speculation here, but it might have to do with transfer apps, too - I'm not sure what kind of timeline those are on, or whether they're done yet. I would imagine they'd hold off on decisions until second-semester grades are out.

Unfortunately none of the people on LSN who were accepted off Harvard's waitlist were committed to Chicago, but hopefully there were others!

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Wed May 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Just wondering, is it possible to get $$ off the waitlist? Need or merit?

Postby 2014 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

senorhosh wrote:Just wondering, is it possible to get $$ off the waitlist? Need or merit?

Last year it was.
All aid is merit, but they claim to take need into account.

Scarlett66

Postby Scarlett66 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:02 pm

I have my interview in 1.5 hours and the link in the email that says, Please read the following instructions before you interview, doesn't go anywhere.

What am I supposed to know!?!?

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu May 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Scarlett66 wrote:I have my interview in 1.5 hours and the link in the email that says, Please read the following instructions before you interview, doesn't go anywhere.

Now would be an excellent time to call them. Why did you not try to read this email before the day of the interview? Did they just send it to you?

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu May 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Scarlett66 wrote:I have my interview in 1.5 hours and the link in the email that says, Please read the following instructions before you interview, doesn't go anywhere.

Pretty much just:

-Look at the camera, not the video

-Test shit out first

If I remember correctly.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Thu May 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Today is the last day for interviews, right? Between this and the HLS wave from yesterday, anyone expecting anything to land next week?

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm

LRGhost wrote:Today is the last day for interviews, right? Between this and the HLS wave from yesterday, anyone expecting anything to land next week?

Yea, last day.

I was looking at the transfer thread and it sounds like they're also interviewing this week. So: maybe?

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

LRGhost wrote:Today is the last day for interviews, right? Between this and the HLS wave from yesterday, anyone expecting anything to land next week?

Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday (wishful thinking)? I mean they've been reviewing us the past two weeks. I like to think they have decisions ready and almost finalized. They just need to interview a couple more people today.

However, who knows. Maybe it'll be another week. or two....

This cycle has been unusually slow. Looking at old WL threads, many people were admitted in April and May already. We haven't heard of single confirmed WL -> Accept yet besides the one in this thread.

onionz

Postby onionz » Thu May 23, 2013 9:59 pm

senorhosh wrote:

Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday (wishful thinking)? I mean they've been reviewing us the past two weeks. I like to think they have decisions ready and almost finalized. They just need to interview a couple more people today.

However, who knows. Maybe it'll be another week. or two....

This cycle has been unusually slow. Looking at old WL threads, many people were admitted in April and May already. We haven't heard of single confirmed WL -> Accept yet besides the one in this thread.

Maybe they really are over-enrolled as people think...

Scarlett66

Postby Scarlett66 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:56 am

JXander wrote:

Now would be an excellent time to call them. Why did you not try to read this email before the day of the interview? Did they just send it to you?

It had worked when I tried it a week previously, but the link no longer worked. We were supposed to get another email 24 hours prior, but I did not. They said the system was being glitchy in the interview.

JXander

Postby JXander » Fri May 24, 2013 11:04 am

Scarlett66 wrote:
JXander wrote:

It had worked when I tried it a week previously, but the link no longer worked. We were supposed to get another email 24 hours prior, but I did not. They said the system was being glitchy in the interview.

Well, I hope it went well regardless!

spillman

Postby spillman » Fri May 24, 2013 5:09 pm

With the second wave of JS2's hitting the Harvard wait list today, I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that Tuesday or Wednesday of next week is going to be when things start rolling here. Thoughts?

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Fri May 24, 2013 6:00 pm

spillman wrote:With the second wave of JS2's hitting the Harvard wait list today, I'm gonna go ahead and speculate that Tuesday or Wednesday of next week is going to be when things start rolling here. Thoughts?

Oh snap. Anyone see on LSN if it pulled anyone off of Chicago? Also, when is next deadline for Chi students? That'd probably the best approximate.

ztlsbound

Postby ztlsbound » Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Anyone has thoughts about whether they'll get to interview--wl students first or wl--interview students first?

onionz

Postby onionz » Tue May 28, 2013 10:47 am

Beginning to see some uChicago withdrawals cuz of Harvard this week. Hope that means some movement for this week.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

onionz wrote:Beginning to see some uChicago withdrawals cuz of Harvard this week. Hope that means some movement for this week.

Fingers crossed bro

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

LRGhost wrote:
onionz wrote:Beginning to see some uChicago withdrawals cuz of Harvard this week. Hope that means some movement for this week.

Fingers crossed bro

+1

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Tue May 28, 2013 11:37 am

senorhosh wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

Fingers crossed bro

+1

Every time I see this thread updated I think it's news, like they've starting pulling people. I'm not saying stop posting: I like that little moment of hope.

In other news, I just put in a $1k housing deposit and it is a weird feeling to hope that I'm wasting money.

ht2988

Postby ht2988 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm starting to get the feeling that their class is full and this waitlist is dead.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed May 29, 2013 2:06 pm

ht2988 wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling that their class is full and this waitlist is dead.

No reason to interview if that was the case. If they didn't have spots, there's no need to do that. And if spots opened up, they could get people to interview on fairly short notice.

hohenheim

Postby hohenheim » Wed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm

LRGhost wrote:
ht2988 wrote:I'm starting to get the feeling that their class is full and this waitlist is dead.

No reason to interview if that was the case. If they didn't have spots, there's no need to do that. And if spots opened up, they could get people to interview on fairly short notice.

When do the Harvard WL->Acceptances have to formally withdraw from the school where they had previously deposited? I think we'll start seeing movement shortly after that date and I wouldn't worry about it until then.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed May 29, 2013 2:28 pm

hohenheim wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

When do the Harvard WL->Acceptances have to formally withdraw from the school where they had previously deposited? I think we'll start seeing movement shortly after that date and I wouldn't worry about it until then.

Looks like the recent HLS WL->admit wave's deadline is June 14th. I do imagine a lot of people will accept/withdraw sooner, though. For us movement probably depends on how many/how fast/how over-enrolled they were. I'd be shocked if they don't plan at least a little bit for WL defections.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”