waitlisted at UF

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LegalGator

waitlisted at UF

Postby LegalGator » Tue May 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Is there anything I can do to boost my odds? Has anyone else been waitlisted or accepted from WL?

Thanks!

LegalGator

Re: waitlisted at UF

Postby LegalGator » Tue May 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Maybe I am on waitlist alone? That would be fantastic news...

kdog1147

Postby kdog1147 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Well do all of the usual things to improve odds. Send in a LOCI and keep regular (but not pestering) contact with admissions. If this is your No. 1 choice let them know (this helped me get off the waitlist at UC Boulder). Good Luck!

LegalGator

Postby LegalGator » Tue May 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Thank you for the response. I was concerned about the constant contact (even without pestering) because in the FAQ section, it states clearly to not call admissions office. I am a married mother of two, so I cannot relocate for LS. Not only is this my first choice, it is my only option. :-/

I returned the required LOCI form and also submitted a separate LOCI.

Admitted students have until the 15th to pay their deposit, so I think I will submit another letter right around then.

May I ask how you kept in contact? Was it via telephone or email? Thank you, again.

brina1123

Postby brina1123 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

I just withdrew from UF with scholly. I hope my spot goes to you!

LegalGator

Postby LegalGator » Tue May 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Me, too!! Thanks and good luck! :)

kdog1147

Postby kdog1147 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

LegalGator wrote:Thank you for the response. I was concerned about the constant contact (even without pestering) because in the FAQ section, it states clearly to not call admissions office. I am a married mother of two, so I cannot relocate for LS. Not only is this my first choice, it is my only option. :-/

Admitted students have until the 15th to pay their deposit, so I think I will submit another letter right around then.

May I ask how you kept in contact? Was it via telephone or email? Thank you, again.

I kept in contact via email. It sounds like you have a good plan.

LegalGator

Postby LegalGator » Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 am

kdog1147 wrote:
LegalGator wrote:Thank you for the response. I was concerned about the constant contact (even without pestering) because in the FAQ section, it states clearly to not call admissions office. I am a married mother of two, so I cannot relocate for LS. Not only is this my first choice, it is my only option. :-/

Thanks for your input!

Anyone else here been waitlisted fpr UF? Just wondering how soon after 15th notices may be sent. :-/

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 am

LegalGator wrote:
kdog1147 wrote:

Thanks for your input!

Anyone else here been waitlisted fpr UF? Just wondering how soon after 15th notices may be sent. :-/

Last year, it took me until July 1st to get admitted off the WL. Not sure if that'll be indicative of this year, though.

jobegood

Postby jobegood » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:41 pm

I've also been WL at UF for Fall 2013. Just sent a LOCI and I'm trying to get a third LOR from a Law firm partner in CA (his my fraternity district grandmaster).
Make sure you send your new grades (im on the quarter system).
I was extremly surprised to be WL at UF law since my LSAT was 148... (yeah I know i did not study whatsoever). I do have a fairly good resume, a 3.82 GPA and i'm international (from France). My guess is that they need some kind of quota for their international students, if they don't meet it I would prob have a chance.
Being realistic I know my chance are slim (although ive been accepted in a couple of decent law schools already) and I've been so lucky for UF to WL me.

OP; let me know how things go for you and i'll do the same. I've heard of people getting contacted a week before the term starts so the wait will be long...

untar614

Postby untar614 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:08 pm

jobegood wrote:I've also been WL at UF for Fall 2013. Just sent a LOCI and I'm trying to get a third LOR from a Law firm partner in CA (his my fraternity district grandmaster).
I was extremly surprised to be WL at UF law since my LSAT was 148... (yeah I know i did not study whatsoever). I do have a fairly good resume, a 3.82 GPA and i'm international (from France). My guess is that they need some kind of quota for their international students, if they don't meet it I would prob have a chance.
Being realistic I know my chance are slim (although ive been accepted in a couple of decent law schools already) and I've been so lucky for UF to WL me.

OP; let me know how things go for you and i'll do the same. I've heard of people getting contacted a week before the term starts so the wait will be long...

You have a 3.82 and are applying with a 148 when u didn't prep at all? Please retake. Even if you still just want UF, you should be getting money from Levin. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get to the 160's with sufficient preparation.

jobegood

Postby jobegood » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Last edited by jobegood on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:16 pm

jobegood wrote:
untar614 wrote:
jobegood wrote:I've also been WL at UF for Fall 2013. Just sent a LOCI and I'm trying to get a third LOR from a Law firm partner in CA (his my fraternity district grandmaster).

You have a 3.82 and are applying with a 148 when u didn't prep at all? Please retake. Even if you still just want UF, you should be getting money from Levin. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get to the 160's with sufficient preparation.

Many people told me that and I know the're right; i've already secured some schools and although I want to go to UF I don't really want to take the LSAT again. I know this will probably sound dumb but I'm lucky enough to be able to pay for a legal education without loans... (due to personal hardwork)
Could anyone tell me why UF WL me with a 148 btw..?

God help you if many people read this

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”