WL at Quinnipiac c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

WL at Quinnipiac c/o 2016

Postby Kevin5255 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

Hi all, I've been lurking for the entirety of my law school application process, but now I'm finally posting to try and get some help. I'll be going to work at my family's small law firm after passing the bar (looking too far ahead maybe?), so I don't need to get into a top-tier school and try to work at a white shoe firm.

I was working full time and commuting 5 hours a day while studying for the LSAT, and my scores suffered. I ended up with a 148, 151, 151 after taking it three times. I have a 3.3 GPA from a solid liberal arts college (Gettysburg College). I thought my essay was damn good, but apparently not enough to swing the admissions people at Quinnipiac.

I only applied to Quinnipiac and UCONN because I have some family members who need some care, and I want to be a car ride away in case of an emergency. Since Quinnipiac has put me on the WL, I'm not holding out very much hope for UCONN- even though I have some pretty strong ties there and I applied to the night school, I'm afraid my LSAT scored have sealed my fate.

Now I want to think of my plan of action in case I get flat out rejected from UCONN. Are there any numbers for how many students are let in off the wait list at Quinnipiac? Does anyone know how I can give myself a better chance on getting admitted off the wait list at Quinnipiac? I plan on filling out the form and then sending a snail-mail letter to the admissions office myself asking them to let me in. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe send another letter of recommendation? I sent 3 with my application so I might have exhausted that option. Please let me know if this post should go elsewhere.

Re: WL at Quinnipiac c/o 2016

Postby Danteshek » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:20 pm

1. How old are you?

2. What is your job now? How much money do you make?

3. Why do you want to go to law school?

Re: WL at Quinnipiac c/o 2016

Postby Grazzhoppa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Bro even though you have a job post-graduation it will cost you too much to go to these schools with your numbers.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”