Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

will you beat the odds?

yes
38
48%
yes
22
28%
yes
20
25%
 
Total votes: 80

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Tekrul wrote:Poor ht, can he hear back already? Damn, Columbia.

Hopefully, your wait is not as bad. Shortly sounds like a good thing. And from the representation of interviewees on TLS, it's quite possible it's only you, which means the committee doesn't have anything else queued on its plate at the moment.


Haha I was told "within a week but hopefully much sooner."

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Just curious, ht: Has your coping strategy for getting through this wait at any point not involved gigantic amounts of alcohol?

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:40 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Just curious, ht: Has your coping strategy for getting through this wait at any point not involved gigantic amounts of alcohol?


LOL... I don't drink so I've been channeling my anxiety into exercising. I know, boring, but its how I cope. I imagine the end result is similar to binge drinking: I get home and pass the fuck out.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:58 am

ht2988 wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Just curious, ht: Has your coping strategy for getting through this wait at any point not involved gigantic amounts of alcohol?


LOL... I don't drink so I've been channeling my anxiety into exercising. I know, boring, but its how I cope. I imagine the end result is similar to binge drinking: I get home and pass the fuck out.

No wonder you are so svelte, Mariah.

Still rooting for you ht. Every time I see you're the most recent poster on this thread my heart skips a beat

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 am

My slow descent into madness waiting for CLS to get back to me, Day 1: The Day I Thought All My Music Was About CLS

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take


Fun fact: Phil Collins was on the CLS reserve in 1973. [citation needed]

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.


Columbia, you got me on my knees
Columbia, I'm begging darlin' please
Columbia, darlin' won't you ease my worried mind?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:My slow descent into madness waiting for CLS to get back to me, Day 1: The Day I Thought All My Music Was About CLS

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take


Fun fact: Phil Collins was on the CLS reserve in 1973. [citation needed]

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.


Columbia, you got me on my knees
Columbia, I'm begging darlin' please
Columbia, darlin' won't you ease my worried mind?

Do you like Huey Louis and the News?

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Rlabo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 am

Second reserve email. Or at least that's what I think that was.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

I'm choosing to believe that because I am a part of the first second reserve then that makes me special or something.

But seriously, good to hear that more of us get to drag this sucker out.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby LRGhost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:30 am

Rlabo wrote:Second reserve email. Or at least that's what I think that was.


:( didn't get one RIP

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby hyjintherye » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:35 am

LRGhost wrote:
Rlabo wrote:Second reserve email. Or at least that's what I think that was.


:( didn't get one RIP


That's what I thought until i got the email today. I suspect everyone gets second reserve in the order of their file reviews? I didn't check last year's thread, so I may be wrong.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Rlabo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:45 am

Didn't seem too positive though: "we do suggest, however, that you proceed with alternate plans...."

kola141
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby kola141 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

I haven't heard anything yet :(

I was also put on Reserve in February, so if they are sending out second reserve invitations in order of initial file review then that's really not a good sign for me.

Oh well! Do we know if anyone's been rejected from reserve yet? Anyone live close to NY and already received snail mail today?

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:06 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:My slow descent into madness waiting for CLS to get back to me, Day 1: The Day I Thought All My Music Was About CLS

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take


Fun fact: Phil Collins was on the CLS reserve in 1973. [citation needed]

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.


Columbia, you got me on my knees
Columbia, I'm begging darlin' please
Columbia, darlin' won't you ease my worried mind?

Do you like Huey Louis and the News?


Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

If I get in to CLS, I'm taking all of you out to Dorsia. You've got to try the sea urchin ceviche.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I lose my shit every time I think about "oh my god, is that a watermark?"

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:My slow descent into madness waiting for CLS to get back to me, Day 1: The Day I Thought All My Music Was About CLS

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take


Fun fact: Phil Collins was on the CLS reserve in 1973. [citation needed]

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say we'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.


Columbia, you got me on my knees
Columbia, I'm begging darlin' please
Columbia, darlin' won't you ease my worried mind?

Do you like Huey Louis and the News?


Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.

If I get in to CLS, I'm taking all of you out to Dorsia. You've got to try the sea urchin ceviche.



Down.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Tekrul » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

This thread has been the summer action flic of TLS.

Give the people what they want! We demand ht and mono!

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Has anyone received a ding yet? No second second reserve for me. Now I'm anxiously checking my mailbox... Ugh this process is a drain!

puppiespaws
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby puppiespaws » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Second reserve email this morning as well... How much do you think they actually cut down the size for the second reserve group?
Also, Ht/Mariah (as I've come to think of you), I'm really rooting for you. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. ONE SWEET DAY, AM I RIGHT?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:06 pm

puppiespaws wrote:Second reserve email this morning as well... How much do you think they actually cut down the size for the second reserve group?
Also, Ht/Mariah (as I've come to think of you), I'm really rooting for you. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. ONE SWEET DAY, AM I RIGHT?

perfect post

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:37 pm

puppiespaws wrote:Second reserve email this morning as well... How much do you think they actually cut down the size for the second reserve group?
Also, Ht/Mariah (as I've come to think of you), I'm really rooting for you. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. ONE SWEET DAY, AM I RIGHT?


Haha I LOVE Mariah. She's my HERO, and with her I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE RAIN of not hearing back from CLS after my interview last Monday :/ I could go on... But I won't.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Just got an email from the Admissions Committee inviting me to stay on the Reserve list. I said yes! I guess this is better than not getting in?

User avatar
Monochromatic Oeuvre
Posts: 1929
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:37 pm

ht2988 wrote:Just got an email from the Admissions Committee inviting me to stay on the Reserve list. I said yes! I guess this is better than not getting in?


At least you know you are at the top of their line now. It's not what they should have given you, but it's better than radio silence.

Guess what you get to do now? That's right, find every thread where someone who deposited at CLS gets off an HYS waitlist and convince them to go by any means necessary!

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
ht2988 wrote:Just got an email from the Admissions Committee inviting me to stay on the Reserve list. I said yes! I guess this is better than not getting in?


At least you know you are at the top of their line now. It's not what they should have given you, but it's better than radio silence.

Guess what you get to do now? That's right, find every thread where someone who deposited at CLS gets off an HYS waitlist and convince them to go by any means necessary!


Ugh I'm so over obsessing. I'm done checking, but I'll be sure to come back and let y'all know if I get in. Best of luck to you mono!

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Congrats ht! And good luck! I hope you go to CLS so the class is proportionally that much chiller

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Postby porch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:11 pm

.
Last edited by porch on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, ellielaw, okf731, taxman14 and 9 guests