Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

will you beat the odds?

yes
48%
yes
27%
yes
25%

Total votes: 83

scoutmaster

New

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Post by scoutmaster » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm

syd625 wrote:Just received the second reserve email after not hearing anything previously. How about you guys? Definitely doesn't sound optimistic though.

No, nothing for me. O well.

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm

megagnarley wrote:
syd625 wrote:Just received the second reserve email after not hearing anything previously. How about you guys? Definitely doesn't sound optimistic though.
Samesies.

Can someone wiser than myself shed some wisdom on this?
Welcome to the club. It is 0% glamorous. There are two relevant bits of info I think that we can use to do some tea leafing speculation (shed wisdom):

A) How long do you have to reply to the invitation?
B) Does the email state when the next determination concerning candidates on Reserve will take place?

Those were the two substantive points in the earlier email and it may be useful to compare it to yours. Did your letter include anything else that seemed important?

FlowBro

Bronze

Post by FlowBro » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Columbia's Reserve process might be the most awkward way of rendering decisions ever

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:19 pm

FlowBro wrote:Columbia's Reserve process might be the most awkward way of rendering decisions ever
Touché

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

scoutmaster wrote:
FlowBro wrote:Columbia's Reserve process might be the most awkward way of rendering decisions ever
Touché
False! U Chicago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
Samesies.

Welcome to the club. It is 0% glamorous. There are two relevant bits of info I think that we can use to do some tea leafing speculation (shed wisdom):

B) Does the email state when the next determination concerning candidates on Reserve will take place?

Those were the two substantive points in the earlier email and it may be useful to compare it to yours. Did your letter include anything else that seemed important?
Interesting.

The two points of interest are as follows:

A) I have until July 5th to respond.
B) They state that the next review will begin over the next few weeks.

How does this compare to former letters?

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:48 pm

megagnarley wrote:
JuniperCreekEsq wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
Samesies.

Interesting.

The two points of interest are as follows:

A) I have until July 5th to respond.
B) They state that the next review will begin over the next few weeks.

How does this compare to former letters?
Ok, so this confirms my general theory that we mustn't harp on the correspondence. Instead, we should focus on previous threads. If I remember correctly, last year's thread had a 'big wave' around the 17th of July. That seems to reflect the timeline that you were informed of.

The previous email requested a reply by June 24 (about 10 days after it was sent) and said the next review would be at the end of June. I think we can all chill for two weeks.

syd625

Bronze

Post by syd625 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 pm

scoutmaster wrote:No, nothing for me. O well.
I'm not sure that's a bad sign. If you're headed to Chicago, your numbers are likely better than mine. Maybe they need a URM/other non-traditional student and were going through the pile to figure out who would get the second reserve email and who would receive a feeler call.

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:38 am

syd625 wrote:
I'm not sure that's a bad sign. If you're headed to Chicago, your numbers are likely better than mine. Maybe they need a URM/other non-traditional student and were going through the pile to figure out who would get the second reserve email and who would receive a feeler call.

Ah your optimism is really kind-----what do you guys think? Should I call?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nextstep222

New

Post by nextstep222 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:40 am

scoutmaster wrote:
syd625 wrote:

I would!

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 am

nextstep222 wrote:
scoutmaster wrote:
syd625 wrote:

I would!
It's a personal choice. If you choose to, maybe begin with "I'm willing to wait as long as necessary" just to make clear that you don't mean to pressure them and to keep them off the defensive. Either way, let us know!

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 pm

contacted the admissions office and a decision has not yet been made and they hope to make a decision on my candidacy soon...it looks like i may just be one of the last to hear which is fine these things take time i am just waiting to put down money on an apartment until i hear something. :(

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 pm

scoutmaster wrote:contacted the admissions office and a decision has not yet been made and they hope to make a decision on my candidacy soon...it looks like i may just be one of the last to hear which is fine these things take time i am just waiting to put down money on an apartment until i hear something. :(
they've never communicated info specific to my application during calls/visits. you got more info than i think most of us have. i don't wanna build you up, but i think that's a positive. sounds like they just asked you to hang on a bit more - they don't do that for people they're partial toward releasing. good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Is the office even open today?

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:42 am

I really really really hope next week is my week. If people on second reserve start hearing back before me I might just go crazy.

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:02 am

when is second reserve supposed to begin hearing back? i hope i hear something before second reserve begins to hear back.

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:22 pm

scoutmaster wrote:when is second reserve supposed to begin hearing back? i hope i hear something before second reserve begins to hear back.
I don't know if more specific dates were in the second reserve email, but last year third reserve went out about mid-July after second reserve being mid-June. I would think if they're going to make more calls prior to the next reserve, it would be in the next week and a half, but at this point who knows.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

skprowler

New

Post by skprowler » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I finally got the second reserve email. Was hoping for better news, but at least its not worse.

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:20 pm

skprowler wrote:I finally got the second reserve email. Was hoping for better news, but at least its not worse.
Congrats. What does it mean that they sent a 2nd Reserve invitation nearly one month after the original batch? Does that tell us anything about the 3rd Reserve timeline? Last year's thread had more movement around July 17

scoutmaster

New

Post by scoutmaster » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:37 pm

skprowler wrote:I finally got the second reserve email. Was hoping for better news, but at least its not worse.
+1

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:33 pm

I received a request for an interview on Monday. I had my interview on Wednesday, and was just admitted (and accepted the offer) via phone call today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:50 pm

amsong wrote:I received a request for an interview on Monday. I had my interview on Wednesday, and was just admitted (and accepted the offer) via phone call today.
Hot damn, nice!

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:57 pm

amsong wrote:I received a request for an interview on Monday. I had my interview on Wednesday, and was just admitted (and accepted the offer) via phone call today.
Congrats!

lunaraeon

Bronze

Post by lunaraeon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Awesome! Good to hear they're still filling spots. On a related note, are your LSN numbers (3.67/169) accurate?

(Also, join us over in the Class thread.)

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Thank you! I'm excited. Might be in shock.
lunaraeon wrote:
Awesome! Good to hear they're still filling spots. On a related note, are your LSN numbers (3.67/169) accurate?

(Also, join us over in the Class thread.)
Yes, my numbers are accurate. Which is part of the reason for my shock.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”