Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilybb
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby ilybb » Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 am

Is there any movement this week? Last week's update emails said they would give out several offers this week.

bethanyrose09
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby bethanyrose09 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:06 pm

.
Last edited by bethanyrose09 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 pm

ilybb wrote:Is there any movement this week? Last week's update emails said they would give out several offers this week.


Make me an offer I can't refuse! 8)

User avatar
anmssr
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby anmssr » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:27 am

DaRascal wrote:
ilybb wrote:Is there any movement this week? Last week's update emails said they would give out several offers this week.


Make me an offer I can't refuse! 8)


Anxiously waiting! :roll:

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby DaRascal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Same here, my friend. Want Duke badly.

User avatar
anmssr
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby anmssr » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:03 pm

I wonder if anyone has or should call admissions to check current status of the wait list following that email two weeks ago (which implied they would have their class set within the next week after..?)

sinbadtsailor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby sinbadtsailor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:24 pm

I called earlier this week, but didn't get anything beyond the standard "a few spots left".

I'm on priority reserve, haven't gotten any exploratory calls thus far. But it sounds like they're already dipping into the regular WL, so PR doesn't seem to hold any kind of advantage anymore. If I don't get in, then it's Georgetown for me. Good luck all!

169/3.64

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby Rlabo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 pm

sinbadtsailor wrote:I called earlier this week, but didn't get anything beyond the standard "a few spots left".

I'm on priority reserve, haven't gotten any exploratory calls thus far. But it sounds like they're already dipping into the regular WL, so PR doesn't seem to hold any kind of advantage anymore. If I don't get in, then it's Georgetown for me. Good luck all!

169/3.64


Numbers twin! Didn't know there were any of us. Also on PR and also headed to GULC if not.

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby zz888 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Im starting to think they underestimated the number of deposits they'd get :(

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby DaRascal » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 pm

I really hope that's not the case.

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby hyjintherye » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I got off the waitlist yesterday. I was on PR and wrote no LOCI, though I briefly mentioned that I'm strongly interested in duke whenever they emailed me. I'm going to ask whether any financial aid is available at this point and will quickly decide whether I will attend or not. I will keep y'all posted on this! :)

User avatar
Merylian
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby Merylian » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 pm

hyjintherye wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I got off the waitlist yesterday. I was on PR and wrote no LOCI, though I briefly mentioned that I'm strongly interested in duke whenever they emailed me. I'm going to ask whether any financial aid is available at this point and will quickly decide whether I will attend or not. I will keep y'all posted on this! :)


Congrats! Please do keep us posted on what you find out regarding financial aid :)

hobs221
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby hobs221 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

For those of you who are interested in financial aid, I was admitted last Wednesday and received a scholarship that covered about half tuition.

ilybb
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby ilybb » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm

hobs221 wrote:For those of you who are interested in financial aid, I was admitted last Wednesday and received a scholarship that covered about half tuition.


Congrats! This is big news! Do you mind sharing your numbers?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:51 am

hyjintherye wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I got off the waitlist yesterday. I was on PR and wrote no LOCI, though I briefly mentioned that I'm strongly interested in duke whenever they emailed me. I'm going to ask whether any financial aid is available at this point and will quickly decide whether I will attend or not. I will keep y'all posted on this! :)


Congrats! :D

User avatar
hyjintherye
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby hyjintherye » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
hyjintherye wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I got off the waitlist yesterday. I was on PR and wrote no LOCI, though I briefly mentioned that I'm strongly interested in duke whenever they emailed me. I'm going to ask whether any financial aid is available at this point and will quickly decide whether I will attend or not. I will keep y'all posted on this! :)


Congrats! :D


Aww thanks! And I apologize for getting back to y'all so late. After agonizing over the offer till the last day I was allowed, I decided to decline it. But I was very impressed with how swiftly they process the financial aid application; they gave me the scholarship offer on the same day I submitted need access. So yeah, there's at least a seat left (and scholarship)!!

turn left
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby turn left » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 am

Also admitted off the wait list on Thursday. No mention of a scholarship, will be withdrawing.

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby zz888 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi everyone! Was just accepted and I am so excited! I'm not sure if it would be possibly to ask for a scholarship since it was not mentioned in the email. Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing that? I have 10k from USC right now so even a teeny scholarship would push me over the edge to go to Duke. Im USC undergrad and love LA, it will be a difficult decision....

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

zz888 wrote:Hi everyone! Was just accepted and I am so excited! I'm not sure if it would be possibly to ask for a scholarship since it was not mentioned in the email. Anyone have any advice on how to go about doing that? I have 10k from USC right now so even a teeny scholarship would push me over the edge to go to Duke. Im USC undergrad and love LA, it will be a difficult decision....


send an e-mail to financial aid - scan your USC offer as a pdf.

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby zz888 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Would they even take that offer seriously since USC is not a peer school with Duke?

Err26
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby Err26 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 pm

In off the waitlist today. Just got a "You're In!" Email, no phone call. No word on money yet but I'm guessing no chance with my numbers. I was on the regular wait list, not priority reserve. Message me for numbers, but I'm a reverse splitter. I was committed to W&M with a lot of money before, but 90% sure I'll be attending Duke now. Beyond ecstatic to be in at such a great school and best of luck to everyone else waiting!

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 pm

zz888 wrote:Would they even take that offer seriously since USC is not a peer school with Duke?

IDK, but I was told no merit aid was available when I asked (and referred to my UT scholarship). I suspect it had more to do with my GPA than availability of funds, but oh well. :D

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Has anyone gotten an email asking to have a phone conversation about their interest in Duke? I'm guessing this is a good sign..

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 pm

zz888 wrote:Would they even take that offer seriously since USC is not a peer school with Duke?


Maybe not, but you've got to throw them what you have. Just mention that you understand it's customary to include information about other offers.

I think there has been 4-5 people on TLS get in from the WL with 60-67.5K - AFAIK everyone had to solicit aid.

sinbadtsailor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Waitlisted at Duke c/o 2016

Postby sinbadtsailor » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Well Duke just called me to gauge my continued interest, and they said they'd probably accept a few more in the coming week. Nothing certain yet, but I get the feeling like I might be offered a spot. When I asked about the possibility of scholarship at this point, he said likely nothing available in merit scholarships, but they could provide something need-based.

If I do get an offer, I'll now have to decide:

Georgetown @ 12.5k/yr
or
Duke @ ???

Gonna go tear my hair out now...

[UPDATE] - Just got a "You're In!" email!

Would love to get people's input on the above comparison between GULC and Duke.
Last edited by sinbadtsailor on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Lexaholik, Pozzo and 14 guests