Michigan Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Do you intend to stay on the waitlist?

Yes, Ann Arbor or bust.
40
55%
No, I have other options.
33
45%
 
Total votes: 73

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby UMich11 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:18 am

Anyone still on the WL, when did you apply? Did you do ED or RD?

I'm trying to see if my application for ED getting in late has to do with where i stand now.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am

UMich11 wrote:Anyone still on the WL, when did you apply? Did you do ED or RD?

I'm trying to see if my application for ED getting in late has to do with where i stand now.


I did RD-applied early October, complete 10/17. It has been a loooooooooong wait :?

jdb2013
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby jdb2013 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 am

amitty1019 wrote:
UMich11 wrote:Anyone still on the WL, when did you apply? Did you do ED or RD?

I'm trying to see if my application for ED getting in late has to do with where i stand now.


I did RD-applied early October, complete 10/17. It has been a loooooooooong wait :?


basically same situation here

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby Big Dog » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 am

I'm trying to see if my application for ED getting in late has to do with where i stand now.


I'm guessing a below median GPA is the basis for where you stand?

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby UMich11 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:57 am

Big Dog wrote:
I'm trying to see if my application for ED getting in late has to do with where i stand now.


I'm guessing a below median GPA is the basis for where you stand?


Most likely. I applied ED in October, but they also had my app marked RD until mid december. Not sure if this was material or not, but the big hold up is the stats. Obviously i'm still kicking so they think i'd have a shot.

User avatar
RecordPlayer89
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby RecordPlayer89 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:17 am

I applied ED in November.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Anyone pulled off the stack on the small table today?

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby eomea5 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:10 pm

amitty1019 wrote:Anyone pulled off the stack on the small table today?


nope. my app is still on the small table apparently. maybe tomorrow? they seem to like fridays.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:16 pm

eomea5 wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:Anyone pulled off the stack on the small table today?


nope. my app is still on the small table apparently. maybe tomorrow? they seem to like fridays.


I hope so! FWIW, (and because I am crazy!) I measured how many pieces of paper could fit on my work desk (no stacking!), and it is about 20. I am going to assume that is how many of us are left on this waitlist :D

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby DaRascal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:19 pm

amitty1019 wrote:
eomea5 wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:Anyone pulled off the stack on the small table today?


nope. my app is still on the small table apparently. maybe tomorrow? they seem to like fridays.


I hope so! FWIW, (and because I am crazy!) I measured how many pieces of paper could fit on my work desk (no stacking!), and it is about 20. I am going to assume that is how many of us are left on this waitlist :D


Do you really think so? There seems to be well over 50 on LSN alone.....

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:24 pm

DaRascal wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:
eomea5 wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:Anyone pulled off the stack on the small table today?


nope. my app is still on the small table apparently. maybe tomorrow? they seem to like fridays.


I hope so! FWIW, (and because I am crazy!) I measured how many pieces of paper could fit on my work desk (no stacking!), and it is about 20. I am going to assume that is how many of us are left on this waitlist :D


Do you really think so? There seems to be well over 50 on LSN alone.....


I mean, I am being optimistic to the point of delusion :D in all likelihood there are probs still 50-100 people still waiting it out on this thing

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby UMich11 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:39 pm

amitty1019 wrote:
DaRascal wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:
eomea5 wrote:
nope. my app is still on the small table apparently. maybe tomorrow? they seem to like fridays.


I hope so! FWIW, (and because I am crazy!) I measured how many pieces of paper could fit on my work desk (no stacking!), and it is about 20. I am going to assume that is how many of us are left on this waitlist :D


Do you really think so? There seems to be well over 50 on LSN alone.....


I mean, I am being optimistic to the point of delusion :D in all likelihood there are probs still 50-100 people still waiting it out on this thing


Hopefully this isn't a deceitfully large, small table á la the Big House from the outside vs the inside.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Hopefully this isn't a deceitfully large, small table á la the Big House from the outside vs the inside.[/quote]

Or a "small table" in a house for giants! :shock:

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Does the status checker update daily?

eomea5
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby eomea5 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 pm

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:Does the status checker update daily?


yes

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby untar614 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm not sure of all the specifics of what you guys are speculating, but if it helps at all, I got called today.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:26 pm

untar614 wrote:I'm not sure of all the specifics of what you guys are speculating, but if it helps at all, I got called today.


Congratulations! Are you going to accept?

User avatar
overperformer
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby overperformer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

curious, what are your plans IF you don't get off the wait list

apply next term

attend a different law school

pursue a different career

User avatar
blueapple
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby blueapple » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am

Hey guys. I got a call yesterday afternoon. Ann Arbor it is!

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 am

blueapple wrote:Hey guys. I got a call yesterday afternoon. Ann Arbor it is!


Congratulations! Where were you set to go before?

terps8787
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby terps8787 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 am

Is it reasonable to assume that all the ten or so offers have now been extended?

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 am

terps8787 wrote:Is it reasonable to assume that all the ten or so offers have now been extended?



I don't think we can jump to that conclusion until we see the update online.

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby amitty1019 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 am

UMich11 wrote:
terps8787 wrote:Is it reasonable to assume that all the ten or so offers have now been extended?



I don't think we can jump to that conclusion until we see the update online.


I think there is somewhat of a delay between events and when they are posted on the FAQ page, so it is possible all the offers have been extended and they are just waiting until they receive the deposits to update.

terps8787
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby terps8787 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 am

That was my feeling. I doubt they would update the FAQ page until they have confirmed that the offers have been accepted.

User avatar
JuniperCreekEsq
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 am

Are we at 6 admits off of TLS alone since the most recent FAQ update?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”