Michigan Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Do you intend to stay on the waitlist?

Yes, Ann Arbor or bust.
40
55%
No, I have other options.
33
45%
 
Total votes: 73

born4law
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby born4law » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:52 pm

It's that time of year again... welcome to the long slog everyone! Best of luck!

Michigan Waitlist FAQ

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby DaRascal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I would do anything to get off this waitlist!!

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby Rlabo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:40 pm

checking in

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Rlabo wrote:checking in

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TorturedApplicant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

hi. hello. wish we were debating scholarship strategies instead of checking in here. any ideas how large the list is?

born4law
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby born4law » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 pm

TorturedApplicant wrote:any ideas how large the list is?


+1, curious about that too

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby JXander » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

TorturedApplicant wrote:hi. hello. wish we were debating scholarship strategies instead of checking in here. any ideas how large the list is?

Hi. Hello. I love your username. It fits my cycle right now. UMich is the fourth T15 on which I have been wait-listed.

dan k
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby dan k » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:30 pm

checking in. looks like we're all here for the long haul. speaking of which, anybody have a personal deadline for themselves when the costs outweigh the benefits of getting in off the WL?

cowabunga85
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby cowabunga85 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Checking in. I could potentially win an award for the number of waitlists I'm on (Northwestern, Mich, USC, Georgetown, Duke, U Minn and U Texas). Ughhhhhhh. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul.

What do you think Michigan means by a "small waitlist?"

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Mich is my eighth T14 waitlist, but it's not one I'll be staying on. Good luck to y'all!

User avatar
overperformer
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby overperformer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:30 am

Anyone else feel the waitlist is exorbidtely large

I say this based on LSN

Anywho, checking in

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TorturedApplicant » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:16 pm

JXander wrote:
TorturedApplicant wrote:hi. hello. wish we were debating scholarship strategies instead of checking in here. any ideas how large the list is?

Hi. Hello. I love your username. It fits my cycle right now. UMich is the fourth T15 on which I have been wait-listed.


Thanks. It's my sixth. Pure misery.

born4law
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby born4law » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Just a question for you all: My LSAT and GPA are right at Michigan's medians and I'm accepted to peer schools with good scholarship offers. I applied VERY LATE in the cycle. Am I correct in assuming I'm WLed because I simply applied too late? Am I eligible for $$$ if I get off the WL?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:13 pm

born4law wrote:Just a question for you all: My LSAT and GPA are right at Michigan's medians and I'm accepted to peer schools with good scholarship offers. I applied VERY LATE in the cycle. Am I correct in assuming I'm WLed because I simply applied too late? Am I eligible for $$$ if I get off the WL?

When you say "right at" do you actually mean exactly 170 and 3.73? If so then yes, WL because you applied late.

born4law
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby born4law » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:17 pm

TripTrip wrote:
born4law wrote:Just a question for you all: My LSAT and GPA are right at Michigan's medians and I'm accepted to peer schools with good scholarship offers. I applied VERY LATE in the cycle. Am I correct in assuming I'm WLed because I simply applied too late? Am I eligible for $$$ if I get off the WL?

When you say "right at" do you actually mean exactly 170 and 3.73? If so then yes, WL because you applied late.


More or less. Perhaps a point up or down for either of those numbers. (Don't want to out myself)

OK, so if WL b/c late --> good chance of getting off if expressing interest/visiting/LOCI/etc ?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm

born4law wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
born4law wrote:Just a question for you all: My LSAT and GPA are right at Michigan's medians and I'm accepted to peer schools with good scholarship offers. I applied VERY LATE in the cycle. Am I correct in assuming I'm WLed because I simply applied too late? Am I eligible for $$$ if I get off the WL?

When you say "right at" do you actually mean exactly 170 and 3.73? If so then yes, WL because you applied late.


More or less. Perhaps a point up or down for either of those numbers. (Don't want to out myself)

OK, so if WL b/c late --> good chance of getting off if expressing interest/visiting/LOCI/etc ?

If 171/3.8 then yes, if 169/3.65 then it probably won't make much difference.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Checking in. Woo.

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TorturedApplicant » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Thoughts on when we might see movement?

User avatar
Ned Racine
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby Ned Racine » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 pm

TorturedApplicant wrote:Thoughts on when we might see movement?


First deposit deadline is 4/30. I'm assuming some movement will occur in the days/week after.

born4law
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby born4law » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Ned Racine wrote:
TorturedApplicant wrote:Thoughts on when we might see movement?


First deposit deadline is 4/30. I'm assuming some movement will occur in the days/week after.


For the most part, yes. There's also the 06/15 second deposit deadline and the subsequent spots that will be opened up after that. But it's also possible to get pulled off the WL anytime in between depending on the random flow of people voluntarily withdrawing from Michigan before the deadlines.

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby TorturedApplicant » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:38 pm

born4law wrote:
Ned Racine wrote:
TorturedApplicant wrote:Thoughts on when we might see movement?


First deposit deadline is 4/30. I'm assuming some movement will occur in the days/week after.


For the most part, yes. There's also the 06/15 second deposit deadline and the subsequent spots that will be opened up after that. But it's also possible to get pulled off the WL anytime in between depending on the random flow of people voluntarily withdrawing from Michigan before the deadlines.


I wonder if they'll pull anyone for summer session.... In the words of Katniss, "I VOLUNTEER!"

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby curious66 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 pm

TorturedApplicant wrote:
born4law wrote:
Ned Racine wrote:
TorturedApplicant wrote:Thoughts on when we might see movement?


First deposit deadline is 4/30. I'm assuming some movement will occur in the days/week after.


For the most part, yes. There's also the 06/15 second deposit deadline and the subsequent spots that will be opened up after that. But it's also possible to get pulled off the WL anytime in between depending on the random flow of people voluntarily withdrawing from Michigan before the deadlines.


I wonder if they'll pull anyone for summer session.... In the words of Katniss, "I VOLUNTEER!"


If you are willing to do a summer start.. I would let them know via LOCI (you never know -- may the odds be ever in your favor!) :).

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby KanyeShrug » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 pm

They're definitely going to pull for the summer start.

decidingonls
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby decidingonls » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Asking merely out of curiosity, as I'll most likely be attending my regional school.

Does anyone know anything about the waitlist deferral, more specifically what is a solid reason to ask for consideration for next year? Is this sort of a Z-list (a la Harvard undergrad), or simply just one more option?

It's listed under the FAQ and realize it's binding. How does this affect financial aid? I've searched through the threads but haven't found much recent, Michigan specific, stuff. Would retaking affect the amount of money they'd offer you next year?

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Michigan Waitlist 2013

Postby UMich11 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

decidingonls wrote:Asking merely out of curiosity, as I'll most likely be attending my regional school.

Does anyone know anything about the waitlist deferral, more specifically what is a solid reason to ask for consideration for next year? Is this sort of a Z-list (a la Harvard undergrad), or simply just one more option?

It's listed under the FAQ and realize it's binding. How does this affect financial aid? I've searched through the threads but haven't found much recent, Michigan specific, stuff. Would retaking affect the amount of money they'd offer you next year?


I'm actually really curious too, because work is pressing really hard to have me stay.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, champagnepapi, hammy393, root_beer and 14 guests