NYU Waitlist c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
erickimsthrowaway

New

Re: NYU Waitlist c/o 2016

Post by erickimsthrowaway » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Feeler call yesterday, DLS today and just got an email from UPS about some LAW SCHOOL / ADMISSIONS overnighting something to me today at 2pm EST. My friend who graduated from NYU said they always overnight their rejections. :cry:

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:12 pm

erickimsthrowaway wrote:Feeler call yesterday, DLS today and just got an email from UPS about some LAW SCHOOL / ADMISSIONS overnighting something to me today at 2pm EST. My friend who graduated from NYU said they always overnight their rejections. :cry:
Lol congrats

erickimsthrowaway

New

Post by erickimsthrowaway » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Just to double check, log in for the admitted students website is lsac number and password is birthday with slashes, right? I just type it in like this:

L86753099
07/04/1787

GoldHattedGatsby

Bronze

Post by GoldHattedGatsby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:56 pm

erickimsthrowaway wrote:Just to double check, log in for the admitted students website is lsac number and password is birthday with slashes, right? I just type it in like this:

L86753099
07/04/1787
Yep I believe so

PunkedbyReality

New

Post by PunkedbyReality » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Received a voicemail today saying that I will be receiving a letter with good news in the mail. I'm excited, but must now learn everything I can about going at sticker which I'm assuming will be the case.

Did anyone here get any financial aid off the wait-list? I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Also, do any of you have thoughts on the going at sticker and using the LRAP program to address the debt? And for those of you planning to go at sticker, how do you plan on dealing with the debt?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

moshei24

Bronze

Post by moshei24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:01 pm

PunkedbyReality wrote:Received a voicemail today saying that I will be receiving a letter with good news in the mail. I'm excited, but must now learn everything I can about going at sticker which I'm assuming will be the case.

Did anyone here get any financial aid off the wait-list? I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Also, do any of you have thoughts on the going at sticker and using the LRAP program to address the debt? And for those of you planning to go at sticker, how do you plan on dealing with the debt?

I got in a few weeks ago. Sticker. But financial aid is based on how poor you are, if I'm not mistaken.

When it comes to financing the debt, it depends what kind of law you want to do...

PunkedbyReality

New

Post by PunkedbyReality » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 pm

moshei24 wrote:
PunkedbyReality wrote:Received a voicemail today saying that I will be receiving a letter with good news in the mail. I'm excited, but must now learn everything I can about going at sticker which I'm assuming will be the case.

I got in a few weeks ago. Sticker. But financial aid is based on how poor you are, if I'm not mistaken.

When it comes to financing the debt, it depends what kind of law you want to do...
That makes sense. I'll have to decide this when there. And NYU's appeal to me is that Big Law might not be quite the path of least resistance it is at other schools.

moshei24

Bronze

Post by moshei24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:28 pm

PunkedbyReality wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

That makes sense. I'll have to decide this when there. And NYU's appeal to me is that Big Law might not be quite the path of least resistance it is at other schools.

You mean that it would be the path of least resistance?

PunkedbyReality

New

Post by PunkedbyReality » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:31 pm

moshei24 wrote:
PunkedbyReality wrote:
moshei24 wrote:

You mean that it would be the path of least resistance?
Not quite. I would imagine it's still pretty easy to end up in Big Law if you're unsure. But it seems like one of the places that, if you're unsure, has less of a pull to Big Law and a more pro-public environment/culture.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

comeonletsgo

Bronze

Post by comeonletsgo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

just got an email asking if i want to stay on the waitlist

thora

New

Post by thora » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:just got an email asking if i want to stay on the waitlist
Who out there is still riding the waitlist out? Is there still any hope? (will they let any more people in?)
Who else got the e-mail comeonletsgo metioned?

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 pm

thora wrote:
Who out there is still riding the waitlist out? Is there still any hope? (will they let any more people in?)
Still riding. Didn't get the email. I've sent about 5 loci's though so maybe they get the point already.

thora

New

Post by thora » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 pm

toothbrush wrote:
thora wrote:
Still riding. Didn't get the email. I've sent about 5 loci's though so maybe they get the point already.
So there's only 3 of us left? (On tls..) hopefully they admit some more!
I wonder if the email comeonletsgo received was a feeler email. Keep us in the know! Good luck to everyone still :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm still here but I didn't get the e-mail...

KanyeShrug

Silver

Post by KanyeShrug » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Still here. No email. Holla.

RecordPlayer89

New

Post by RecordPlayer89 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Still waiting, no email

amhofo

New

Post by amhofo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:13 pm

long time lurker. I got this e-mail too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jsjd1989

New

Post by jsjd1989 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

still waiting - no email ugh

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:12 am

The only downside of living in New York, getting calls from 212 numbers and not have them be NYU Admissions. Le sigh.

Didn't receive an email, but have been following up with admissions regularly.

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:24 am

I just withdrew from the waitlist, best of luck everyone!

EdBurke

New

Post by EdBurke » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:04 am

Still waiting - just got the following e-mail yesterday (I'm traveling, hence the posting time):

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Law.

Please let us know if you have made firm plans to enroll elsewhere and you no longer wish to remain on NYU’s waitlist. If you have not finalized your plans for the fall and you would like to remain on the waitlist, please indicate the last date for which you wish to be considered for admission at NYU School of Law should a seat in the class become available. Whether and when we will be able to make additional offers of admission is uncertain, but we will do our best to reach a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

Best,

Cassandra Williams

Director of Admissions

NYU School of Law

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:35 am

EdBurke wrote:Still waiting - just got the following e-mail yesterday (I'm traveling, hence the posting time):

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Law.

Please let us know if you have made firm plans to enroll elsewhere and you no longer wish to remain on NYU’s waitlist. If you have not finalized your plans for the fall and you would like to remain on the waitlist, please indicate the last date for which you wish to be considered for admission at NYU School of Law should a seat in the class become available. Whether and when we will be able to make additional offers of admission is uncertain, but we will do our best to reach a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

Best,

Cassandra Williams

Director of Admissions

NYU School of Law
When was the last time you contacted them? If you don't mind me asking..

balder

New

Post by balder » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:12 am

Was accepted on August 5th from waitlist. Got the email regarding continued interest on July 26th.

EdBurke

New

Post by EdBurke » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:58 am

I last contacted them in mid-July - I talked to an admissions officer while on an unrelated visit to NYC.

EdBurke

New

Post by EdBurke » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Just got admitted - good luck to everyone else on the WL!

Also, I am a non-URM 3.1/179 veteran.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”