commuting to CU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sfmn

commuting to CU

Postby sfmn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am

Anyone have any thoughts on living in Denver and commuting to Boulder? I had almost given up on CU until they recently contacted me with a scholarship offer. Now that I'm on the verge of choosing CU over DU, I wanted to make sure the commute really is doable, particularly by bus. How common is this among law students?

abadname13

Re: commuting to CU

Postby abadname13 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

I don't know anyone at CU Law but I know other grad students in Boulder that make that commute via bus from Denver. Seems fairly easy. Denver native here if you have any other questions.

So sad to leave this awesome town, even if our blizzards are disappointing.

sfmn

Postby sfmn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

My apologies - meant to post this on the Colorado Class of 2016 board and mistakenly hit the wrong button. I've now posed my question over there. Thanks for the response!

RedGiant

Postby RedGiant » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I have also lived in Boulder and commuted to Denver and vice versa. This is doable, but I would get a car...it took about 45 minutes. I did the bus thing a few times when my car was in the shop. I would only add that waiting for a bus in the Denver area in Winter would be quite miserable on certain days. (But Denver has 70 degree days in Winter too).

espressocream

Postby espressocream » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 pm

abadname13 wrote:I don't know anyone at CU Law but I know other grad students in Boulder that make that commute via bus from Denver. Seems fairly easy. Denver native here if you have any other questions.

So sad to leave this awesome town, even if our blizzards are disappointing.

our front yard looks like it never snowed.

zoidberg86

Postby zoidberg86 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 pm

RedGiant wrote:I have also lived in Boulder and commuted to Denver and vice versa. This is doable, but I would get a car...it took about 45 minutes. I did the bus thing a few times when my car was in the shop. I would only add that waiting for a bus in the Denver area in Winter would be quite miserable on certain days. (But Denver has 70 degree days in Winter too).

We also have 16 degree days in April :shock:

biznardos

Postby biznardos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 pm

It was 6 degrees when I walked to work this morning :?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”