Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby chickpea » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 pm

feelingood wrote:AHHHHH my interview is Thursday--I'm freaking out. I am not prepared.


You still have plenty of time! As long as you've thought about why you want to attend Harvard/law school in general and have some kind of a relatively coherent life narrative you'll do great :)

feelingood
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby feelingood » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

chickpea wrote:
feelingood wrote:AHHHHH my interview is Thursday--I'm freaking out. I am not prepared.


You still have plenty of time! As long as you've thought about why you want to attend Harvard/law school in general and have some kind of a relatively coherent life narrative you'll do great :)


Oh I'm gona spin my narrative so awesomely that it would make Glenn Beck envious.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:39 pm

eyfl wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
jychun412 wrote: :oops: Did everyone do this? I didn't think it was necessary..


I did it because I always do it for interviews. It certainly isn't necessary, but I think showing them a little love is the thing to do.

You can think about it two ways. If their job doesn't require them to interview, then they've taken time they could be spending on other things to interview you. If their job requires them to do interviews, as with JS/KB, it didn't have to be you they interviewed.


I didn't send the thank-you note/email (but I neither do that for job interviews). IMO saying 'thank you' at the end of the actual interview does the job of expressing your gratitude (and is polite) so sending something afterwards seems redundant.

+1

Besides, there's no way anyone ever even connects the thank-you note to you unless you say something atrocious in it. (Everything to lose, nothing to gain.) JS/KB are not checking the jdamiss email, and if you send it there they'll just delete it. If you send it directly to your interviewer, they won't get it until significantly later in the day or the next day and most likely won't remember which person you were on account of the dozens of interviews they've done since then, and they won't have any reason to make the connection.

It seems like a nice sentiment, but they definitely do not need an extra 1200 emails pouring in. As soon as someone starts saying "it's proper courtesy and it can only help," everyone is going to contribute to that colossal influx of post-JS1 emails. Let's not start that. I'm not going to disagree with the courtesy bit, but really. I didn't, and if you haven't you don't need to either.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby untar614 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:42 pm

TripTrip wrote:
eyfl wrote:I didn't send the thank-you note/email (but I neither do that for job interviews). IMO saying 'thank you' at the end of the actual interview does the job of expressing your gratitude (and is polite) so sending something afterwards seems redundant.

+1

Besides, there's no way anyone ever even connects the thank-you note to you unless you say something atrocious in it. (Everything to lose, nothing to gain.) JS/KB are not checking the jdamiss email, and if you send it there they'll just delete it. If you send it directly to your interviewer, they won't get it until significantly later in the day or the next day and most likely won't remember which person you were on account of the dozens of interviews they've done since then, and they won't have any reason to make the connection.

It seems like a nice sentiment, but they definitely do not need an extra 1200 emails pouring in. As soon as someone starts saying "it's proper courtesy and it can only help," everyone is going to contribute to that colossal influx of post-JS1 emails. Let's not start that. I'm not going to disagree with the courtesy bit, but really. I didn't, and if you haven't you don't need to either.


I agree with this, though I'm not sure what it has to do with Final Fantasy. Does it help fill up your trance bar?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

untar614 wrote:I agree with this, though I'm not sure what it has to do with Final Fantasy. Does it help fill up your trance bar?

Yeah, how's your game going, Trip?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Lavitz wrote:
untar614 wrote:I agree with this, though I'm not sure what it has to do with Final Fantasy. Does it help fill up your trance bar?

Yeah, how's your game going, Trip?

I paused it and bought Dishonored. :twisted:

User avatar
dawyzest1
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby dawyzest1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 pm

feelingood wrote:
chickpea wrote:
feelingood wrote:AHHHHH my interview is Thursday--I'm freaking out. I am not prepared.


You still have plenty of time! As long as you've thought about why you want to attend Harvard/law school in general and have some kind of a relatively coherent life narrative you'll do great :)


Oh I'm gona spin my narrative so awesomely that it would make Glenn Beck envious.


That's the kind of confidence that will get you that JS2! Keep it up! Make sure you've got a couple good, specific questions that cannot be easily answered on the website. Good luck!

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

TripTrip wrote:I'll name Cloud after you in honor of your OP status. :wink:

TripTrip wrote:I paused it and bought Dishonored. :twisted:

I suppose I should feel dishonored now.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Wed May 01, 2013 1:36 am

Ok, it's officially May 1st here so time to start posting pictures. Couldn't find any recent dog pictures so here's a chameleon:
Image

User avatar
dnptan
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby dnptan » Wed May 01, 2013 10:24 am

Sorry to interrupt the JS1 discussions, but I was wondering if you guys can give me advice:

I got offered a WL spot on 4/15. Though I've sent a "yes, please put me on the WL" e-mail, I haven't sent in a LOCI. That's mostly because nothing substantial has happened since I applied on Feb 1.

Do you think it's worth sending one in? I live in Boston and can definitely do a Campus Visit (although I know the area very well already). Also, I'm starting to suspect they only WLd me because I'm in Boston - this is based on the JS1s that focused on "why move to Boston?"

Thoughts?

GertrudeR
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby GertrudeR » Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 am

Sorry I haven't really been following this thread so sorry if I missed this happening, but last I had seen no one had gotten a JS1b and we weren't sure they would do them. I just saw though that someone posted on the spreadsheet that they got a JS 1 post WL after already having one pre WL.

So they are doing JS1bs....?

ETA: Also if someone did have a JS1b I would really like to know if it was a full length interview or more just a do you still want to go to HLS.
Last edited by GertrudeR on Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 am

GertrudeR wrote:Sorry I haven't really been following this thread so sorry if I missed this happening, but last I had seen no one had gotten a JS1b and we weren't sure they would do them. I just saw though that someone posted on the spreadsheet that they got a JS 1 post WL after already having one pre WL.

So they are doing JS1bs....?

I don't know, it could be an error. Out of all of us pre-WL JS1s, only one gets a JS1b?

I guess we'll never know since the person is a self-described lurker.

GertrudeR
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby GertrudeR » Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 am

Oh true, I was looking at the wrong name. Ya definitely could just be a spreadsheet error.

User avatar
sabanist
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby sabanist » Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am

digifly wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
helix23 wrote:lol @ john marshall. thx guyz.

Lol.

I swear it wasn't me.


♫♫ Helix came in 'n he caught me red-handed, freakin' wit da wait list form -♫♫

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you three don't get in, I'm organizing a sit in at the admissions office.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! I know the topic has been beaten to death, but my PM inbox is still open for anyone who wants to talk/ask about specific JS1 stuff.
I hope y'all start getting phone calls soon! :D

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 pm

sup ladies

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby broadstreet11 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:51 pm

helix23 wrote:sup ladies


And so it begins. D-day is near.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby trojandave » Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

helix23 wrote:sup ladies


You, sir, can buy me a drink

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm

trojandave wrote:
helix23 wrote:sup ladies


You, sir, can buy me a drink


pfft you're the one who's IN brah. for now you're buying all the liquor.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby txdude45 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Double shot of happiness for all my fellow waitlisters:
Absolutely the cutest baby rabbit there is.
Image

A young lamb in a diaper. Priceless.
Image

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby trojandave » Wed May 01, 2013 5:39 pm

helix23 wrote:
trojandave wrote:
helix23 wrote:sup ladies


You, sir, can buy me a drink


pfft you're the one who's IN brah. for now you're buying all the liquor.


I'll buy you all the apple martinis you want in Cambridge. Hold me to it

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm

trojandave wrote:
helix23 wrote:
trojandave wrote:
helix23 wrote:sup ladies


You, sir, can buy me a drink


pfft you're the one who's IN brah. for now you're buying all the liquor.


I'll buy you all the apple martinis you want in Cambridge. Hold me to it


Better preorder some cuz my JS2 is tomorrow

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Bold statement, Heix.

I'll join you in it.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Longtimelurk wrote:Bold statement, Heix.

I'll join you in it.


yeyee

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby txdude45 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:55 pm

helix23 wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Bold statement, Heix.

I'll join you in it.


yeyee


Watching The Paper Chase right now, just so I'm ready should the call come.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Longtimelurk wrote:Bold statement, Heix.

I'll join you in it.

Longtimelurk, are you the same person as "long time lurker" in the spreadsheet who listed a pre-WL JS1 as well as a second JS1 invite on the 25th?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AustinLu, AZnative, Chipotle85, guybourdin, Long shot hero, ReadyToStart, TrynaLaw, TudoBem, yuppitsme and 16 guests