Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Tue May 28, 2013 4:12 pm

wildeone wrote:This cycle is getting stranger and stranger. Have any URMs had any movement since waitlists went out?


There is one URM who's reported a js1b but that person has not confirmed a js2. The issue is that no other URMs have reported js1bs and the person decided to delete his/her username from the spreadsheet when she/he reported the call. So it could be a troll. Who knows.
Last edited by vamopalla on Wed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.



So sorry.
Last edited by vamopalla on Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.



Best of luck Lavitz, thanks for all of the great work on this blog!

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby applemaroon » Tue May 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


:(
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


WAIT WHAT!?

Did you just receive this email? You had a JS1, right?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


Farewell sir. Your contributions to TLS and to the H threads in particular are on a tier of their own. You brought the quality shit, homie.

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

helix23 wrote:
Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


Farewell sir. Your contributions to TLS and to the H threads in particular are on a tier of their own. You brought the quality shit, homie.


+1

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Tue May 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks guys. It's funny because I'm actually in Massachusetts now. And I was in a Barnes & Noble looking at books on interviewing skills when I got the e-mail. Guess I should buy one after this.

Aussiebum wrote:WAIT WHAT!?

Did you just receive this email? You had a JS1, right?

3:58 EST and yes, pre-WL JS1.

User avatar
callmemaybe84
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby callmemaybe84 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Lavitz wrote:Thanks guys. It's funny because I'm actually in Massachusetts now. And I was in a Barnes & Noble looking at books on interviewing skills when I got the e-mail. Guess I should buy one after this.

Aussiebum wrote:WAIT WHAT!?

Did you just receive this email? You had a JS1, right?

3:58 EST and yes, pre-WL JS1.



Sorry lad. If anyone deserved an HLS spot...

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby broadstreet11 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


Wow sorry man. Can't thank you enough for everything you've contributed.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Lavitz wrote:Dinged.



Well, it's been a fun ride but it looks like this is where I get off. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping me company.


Sorry to see this. Thanks for all the help, Lavitz!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 pm

This thread's new theme:

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
'Cause at five o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole
The sands of time for me are running low...
Running low...

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 pm

helix23 wrote:This thread's new theme:

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
'Cause at five o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole
The sands of time for me are running low...
Running low...


Facebook group is up to 544 now.

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

digifly wrote:
helix23 wrote:This thread's new theme:

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
'Cause at five o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole
The sands of time for me are running low...
Running low...


Facebook group is up to 544 now.


I guess those of us who haven't been rejected yet have a glimmer of hope? Because otherwise why haven't they included us in the rejection wave?

Of course it could simply be that they are sadistic and prefer to release rejections in small trickles to maximize emotional distress and pain.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby untar614 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
digifly wrote:
helix23 wrote:This thread's new theme:

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
'Cause at five o'clock they take me to the Gallows pole
The sands of time for me are running low...
Running low...


Facebook group is up to 544 now.


I guess those of us who haven't been rejected yet have a glimmer of hope? Because otherwise why haven't they included us in the rejection wave?

Of course it could simply be that they are sadistic and prefer to release rejections in small trickles to maximize emotional distress and pain.


I'll wait a bit longer before I get the least bit hopeful, but I do wonder what it means for those of us who can last the whole week without getting dinged. Would that mean they're legitimately considering accepting us at that point?

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

untar614 wrote:
I'll wait a bit longer before I get the least bit hopeful, but I do wonder what it means for those of us who can last the whole week without getting dinged. Would that mean they're legitimately considering accepting us at that point?


What other explanation could there be?

Even if they are still considering us, I think it is only as "plan B"s. Meaning they will only admit us if someone declines the offer they received recently.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby FlowBro » Tue May 28, 2013 5:14 pm

I just took a glance at the spreadsheet and love the fact that I might have been one of the last people to be WL'd. My chances are so low but I still feel confident...gotta believe!!

Btw, all this action today is pure madness

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby amc987 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

digifly wrote:Facebook group is up to 544 now.


Some of those people def aren't going though. They're going to Y or S and just haven't left the group yet. I'm sure others will ask for deferrals. I wouldn't give up yet.

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Aussiebum wrote:I guess those of us who haven't been rejected yet have a glimmer of hope? Because otherwise why haven't they included us in the rejection wave?

Of course it could simply be that they are sadistic and prefer to release rejections in small trickles to maximize emotional distress and pain.


There is a glimmer of hope.

This is what I'm betting happened. First, JS and KB had to differentiate between three categories: Accept, Deny and Waitlist. They went through in great detail every application that went across their desk. Applications they were blown away by got accepted. Applications that didn't cut the mustard got rejected. Applications that they were unsure of got Waitlisted.

Fast forward a few months. They have another pool of students with a limited number of seats. After going through the Waitlisted applications, they discover applicants that they definitely want to accept, are not sure on, and don't think compare to the rest. Think of it as another round of Accept, Deny and Waitlist.

So, with all of that said, the people who got JS2s so far have been accepted. The people that got dinged got Denied. Everyone else...we got waitlisted on the waitlist.

...and this is coming from someone who applied in October and went Hold -> Waitlist and -> Waitlist2

But there's always hope :)

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 5:36 pm

And, let's face it, KB and JS have probably read each of our applications tens of hundreds of times. After so many go-throughs, it would be difficult NOT to have a more solid opinion on us as applicants.

At least they are taking the time out to send people 'Dings' now and sparing them the wait.

This is why, if you haven't gotten 'ding'ed yet, there's definitely still hope.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

You can't repeat the past!

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 5:45 pm

helix23 wrote:You can't repeat the past!


You can't repeat the past? Why of course you can!

We have come a long way to this place and our dream seems so close that we could hardly fail to grasp it!

...But I believe in the green light, the orgastic future that, with our boats with the current, we will be borne forward ceaselessly into the future at Harvard Law School.

Old Sport

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:52 pm

PrentissJames wrote:
helix23 wrote:You can't repeat the past!


You can't repeat the past? Why of course you can!

We have come a long way to this place and our dream seems so close that we could hardly fail to grasp it!

...But I believe in the green light, the orgastic future that, with our boats with the current, we will be borne forward ceaselessly into the future at Harvard Law School.

Old Sport


That's PrentissJames, the man who fixed the 2012-2013 Harvard Law waitlist.

jakeymay
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby jakeymay » Tue May 28, 2013 6:04 pm

I feel like you guys are referencing something


Catcher in the Rye?

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

helix23 wrote:
That's PrentissJames, the man who fixed the 2012-2013 Harvard Law waitlist.


Hahahahaha, I always appreciate dropping it like F. Scott.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”