Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Fri May 24, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm pretty sure at least some action will continue during next week. It looks like there hasn't been a single URM / URM-type of admit so far- which makes total sense, they wan't to get their house (medians) in order first and follow up with invites for the rest afterwards.

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby BSC » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Idk... I have a feeling it's game over for the rest of us. Gotta quit replaying my JS1 in my head thinking about what I could have said differently..

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 pm

BSC wrote:Idk... I have a feeling it's game over for the rest of us. Gotta quit replaying my JS1 in my head thinking about what I could have said differently..


This. Someone tell me straight - it's over,right?

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby wert3813 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 pm

digifly wrote:
BSC wrote:Idk... I have a feeling it's game over for the rest of us. Gotta quit replaying my JS1 in my head thinking about what I could have said differently..


This. Someone tell me straight - it's over,right?

Where's AZ?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Waiting for my weekend to start, thought I might throw out some data.

WL, Acceptances by date (# of admits in parentheses) *all data from LSN/spreadsheet

2013 (21)
-178 3.80
-177 3.81
-176 3.90
-176 3.84
-175 4.00
-175 3.88
-175 3.80
-174 3.80
-174 3.79
-173 3.89
-173 3.88
-172 4.06
-172 3.91
-172 3.90
-171 3.98
-171 3.92
-171 3.91
-170 4.00
-169 4.14
-169 4.00
-169 4.00

2012 (27)
06/14/2012 (6)
-177 3.81
-177 3.78
-171 X.XX
-164 3.97 U
-162 3.94 U
-162 3.81 U
06/15/2012 (4)
-172 3.8
-171 3.88
-168 3.91
-159 3.77 U
06/22/2012 (3)
-177 3.88
-177 3.4
-167 4.01
06/29/2012 (1)
-174 3.83
07/17/2012 (1)
-168 3.5 U
08/14/2012 (1)
-170 3.9
No date (11)
-179 3.8
-177 3.66
-176 3.62
-175 3.9
-174 3.86
-173 3.98
-173 3.88
-173 3.825
-173 3.8
-172 3.92
-170 4.0 U

2011 (16)
05/09/2011 (8)
-174 3.89
-174 3.79
-172 3.92
-172 3.87
-172 3.8
-171 4.0
-171 3.86
-170 3.9
05/12/2011 (1)
-174 3.94
05/19/2011 (1)
-172 3.44 U
06/09/2011 (1)
-165 3.64 U
07/22/2011 (1)
-173 3.95
No date (4)
-172 3.83
-171 3.96
-170 3.98
-170 3.93

2010 (14)
05/10/2010 (1)
-171 3.91
05/11/2010 (1)
-169 3.8 U
05/12/2010 (1)
-166 4.0
05/24/2010 (1)
-173 4.1
05/25/2010 (5)
-173 4.0
-173 4.0
-172 3.94
-171 3.91
-160 3.69 U
06/01/2010 (1)
-168 4.07
06/07/2010 (1)
-173 3.64
08/13/2010 (1)
-172 3.99
No date (2)
-177 3.88
-168 3.53

2009 (11)
05/22/2009 (1)
-174 3.91
05/26/2009 (4)
-177 3.54
-175 3.96
-172 3.81
-169 3.91
06/22/2009 (1)
-161 3.95
07/06/2009 (2)
-176 3.88
-173 3.89
08/04/2009 (2)
-170 3.98
-161 3.6 U
08/20/2009 (1)
-171 3.77
Last edited by helix23 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 12 times in total.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Did any JS2s turn it down? HA HA HA...

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm

digifly wrote:Did any JS2s turn it down? HA HA HA...


a couple ballsy mofos did

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 pm

helix23 wrote:
digifly wrote:Did any JS2s turn it down? HA HA HA...


a couple ballsy mofos did


Recent ones?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:59 pm

digifly wrote:
helix23 wrote:
digifly wrote:Did any JS2s turn it down? HA HA HA...


a couple ballsy mofos did


Recent ones?


this cycle? not yet

vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Fri May 24, 2013 11:22 pm

helix23 wrote:Waiting for my weekend to start, thought I might throw out some data.

WL, Acceptances by date (# of admits in parentheses) *all data from LSN

2012
06/14/2012 (5)
-177 3.81
-177 3.78
-171 X.XX
-162 3.94 U
-162 3.81 U
06/15/2012 (4)
-172 3.8
-171 3.88
-168 3.91
-159 3.77 U
06/22/2012 (3)
-177 3.88
-177 3.4
-167 4.01
06/29/2012 (1)
-174 3.83
07/17/2012 (1)
-168 3.5 U
08/14/2012 (1)
-170 3.9

2011
05/09/2011 (8)
-174 3.89
-174 3.79
-172 3.92
-172 3.87
-172 3.8
-171 4.0
-171 3.86
-170 3.9
05/12/2011 (1)
-174 3.94
05/19/2011 (1)
-172 3.44 U
06/09/2011 (1)
-165 3.64 U
07/22/2011 (1)
-173 3.95

2010
05/10/2010 (1)
-171 3.91
05/11/2010 (1)
-169 3.8 U
05/12/2010 (1)
-166 4.0
05/24/2010 (1)
-173 4.1
05/25/2010 (5)
-173 4.0
-173 4.0
-172 3.94
-171 3.91
-160 3.69 U
06/01/2010 (1)
-168 4.07
06/07/2010 (1)
-173 3.64
08/13/2010 (1)
-172 3.99

2009
05/22/2009 (1)
-174 3.91
05/26/2009 (4)
-177 3.54
-175 3.96
-172 3.81
-169 3.91
06/22/2009 (1)
-161 3.95
07/06/2009 (2)
-176 3.88
-173 3.89
08/04/2009 (2)
-170 3.98
-161 3.6 U
08/20/2009 (1)
-171 3.77



This data is dif from OP. Is this because you can't find dates for the data points you don't include? I would suggest that the ones w/o dates are from after the wave cause that's when people are most likely to include the date.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Sat May 25, 2013 12:21 am

Did they admit as many people this year (prior to WL) as were accepted in previous years?
In case they admitted a lower # of people, there will be more post-WL admits to compensate (hence the large post-WL js1 wave)

nextstep222
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby nextstep222 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:11 am

BSC wrote:Idk... I have a feeling it's game over for the rest of us. Gotta quit replaying my JS1 in my head thinking about what I could have said differently..


yeah, this

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:38 pm

vamopalla wrote:This data is dif from OP. Is this because you can't find dates for the data points you don't include?


Yes that is exactly why.

vamopalla wrote:I would suggest that the ones w/o dates are from after the wave cause that's when people are most likely to include the date.


Maybe. Maybe not. Still far too speculative for me to feel comfortable drawing conclusions that may not be true. I'll still try to list the numbers though.

Will probably add this to OP.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Sat May 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Does anyone think it's worth sending a brief LOCI updating them on graduation and specifically stating that I'd attend?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Sat May 25, 2013 1:02 pm

digifly wrote:Does anyone think it's worth sending a brief LOCI updating them on graduation

Yeah. They like to know that you did indeed graduate, especially if your GPA didn't go down!

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Sat May 25, 2013 2:40 pm

TripTrip wrote:
digifly wrote:Does anyone think it's worth sending a brief LOCI updating them on graduation

Yeah. They like to know that you did indeed graduate, especially if your GPA didn't go down!


I finished school and December but just walked last week and am now "officially" done - does that matter? Thanks for replying!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 pm

digifly wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
digifly wrote:Does anyone think it's worth sending a brief LOCI updating them on graduation

Yeah. They like to know that you did indeed graduate, especially if your GPA didn't go down!


I finished school and December but just walked last week and am now "officially" done - does that matter? Thanks for replying!

Hmm. I'd send it if you walked with honors or something. Otherwise there isn't anything new.

tidymnstr
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby tidymnstr » Sat May 25, 2013 10:33 pm

eyfl wrote:I'm pretty sure at least some action will continue during next week. It looks like there hasn't been a single URM / URM-type of admit so far- which makes total sense, they wan't to get their house (medians) in order first and follow up with invites for the rest afterwards.


Looks like there is one, Aiaea (my guess). See spreadsheet!

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby txdude45 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:59 pm

tidymnstr wrote:
eyfl wrote:I'm pretty sure at least some action will continue during next week. It looks like there hasn't been a single URM / URM-type of admit so far- which makes total sense, they wan't to get their house (medians) in order first and follow up with invites for the rest afterwards.


Looks like there is one, Aiaea (my guess). See spreadsheet!


Even as a URM, this WL cycle hasn't lent itself towards a 3.52/162 getting in yet. All the pulls have been big GPA non-URMs, so I'm very skeptical that their info is legit.

vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Sun May 26, 2013 12:14 am

tidymnstr wrote:
eyfl wrote:I'm pretty sure at least some action will continue during next week. It looks like there hasn't been a single URM / URM-type of admit so far- which makes total sense, they wan't to get their house (medians) in order first and follow up with invites for the rest afterwards.


Looks like there is one, Aiaea (my guess). See spreadsheet!


I don't think it was her.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191773&p=6553110#p6553110

tidymnstr
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby tidymnstr » Sun May 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Good catch! Aiaea has the same the LSAT but a little different GPA, so maybe it isn't real.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby txdude45 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:54 pm

admissions office is closed tomorrow, correct?

tidymnstr
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby tidymnstr » Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 pm

The HLS Office of Career Services is closed.

User avatar
PrentissJames
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby PrentissJames » Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 am

Time for the long wait.

What is everyone doing in the meantime before we get accepted?

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Tue May 28, 2013 10:13 am

Just loungin...

Will probably be URM / Strong softs the rest of the way -- fine-tooth-comb time.

Any thoughts on when the next acceptance will come?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntsInMyEyesJohnson, ayylmao, Baby Gaga, cd1945, Finickywalrus, galeatus, genjustice, izha, oliviaj_j, potterotter, proteinshake, reydingo, Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests