Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
helix23

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:46 pm

mickeysevenn wrote:
helix23 wrote:better see some of this tomorrow OR ELSE

srsly. i came home from work and ate a kitkat bar. i haven't had one of those beauties in years. that's how neurotic i'm feeling right now. pretty serious.

didn't you get a js1b? p-sure kitkats are reserved for the people without those

Forumbrowser45

Postby Forumbrowser45 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:50 pm

mickeysevenn wrote:

srsly. i came home from work and ate a kitkat bar. i haven't had one of those beauties in years. that's how neurotic i'm feeling right now. pretty serious.

Man I cannot stop thinking about whether or not I sounded sufficiently excited about attending Harvard on the phone. We talked about financial aid briefly, what if she thought I was hesitant about going on the basis of not receiving money? I don't think she thought that, I was definitely, like, I sounded pretty breathless and excited, and the first thing I said when asked about Harvard and my fall plans was "if accepted, I would go," which, you know, irrespective of the stuff we talked about later in the call (and even during that conversation, I mentioned how I'm not super debt-averse because, one, it's HARVARD, and two, Harvard is pretty great about these sorts of things, which she emphatically agreed to), should make it pretty straightforward, buuut …

I wanna get off this ride please
Last edited by Forumbrowser45 on Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 7:52 pm

No disrespectin with the kitkat remark, Helix. I just feel incredibly insecure given my sub-median LSAT.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Forumbrowser45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:

Man I cannot stop thinking about whether or not I sounded sufficiently excited about attending Harvard on the phone. We talked about financial aid briefly, what if she thought I was hesitant about going on the basis of not receiving money? I don't think she thought that, I was definitely, like, I sounded pretty breathless and excited, and the first thing I said when asked about Harvard and my fall plans was "if accepted, I would go," which, you know, irrespective of the stuff we talked about later in the call (and even during that conversation, I mentioned how I'm not super debt-averse because, one, it's HARVARD, and two, Harvard is pretty great about these sorts of things, which she emphatically agreed to), buuut …

I wanna get off this ride please

Point taken. Damn, you're good.

Forumbrowser45

Postby Forumbrowser45 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm

At least this should, presumably, end pretty soon. Maybe, hopefully. I've been going over things I said during my interview for the last few weeks. It hasn't been fun.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Forumbrowser45 wrote:At least this should, presumably, end pretty soon. Maybe, hopefully. I've been going over things I said during my interview for the last few weeks. It hasn't been fun.

I hear that. I don't like the person I become when I start to second guess everything. That's where the chocolate comes in, friends.

PrentissJames

Postby PrentissJames » Thu May 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Forumbrowser45 wrote:At least this should, presumably, end pretty soon. Maybe, hopefully. I've been going over things I said during my interview for the last few weeks. It hasn't been fun.

Yeah I'm right there with ya! Thinking, in retrospect, I should have answered some questions a little differently, thrown in a few jokes, done some magic tricks...

But really, it's the first time we (presumably) ever had a skype Harvard interview...so it's not like there was a lot of practice time.

Don't worry about it, it will all be over soon. And we should never lose our idealistic hope of success!

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 pm

I already know the question the sealed the deal for me (in the negative.)

it's not fun to over analyze. I feel like shit.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:12 pm

toothbrush wrote:it's not fun to over analyze. I feel like shit.

stahp

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 8:13 pm

toothbrush wrote:

I already know the question the sealed the deal for me (in the negative.)

it's not fun to over analyze. I feel like shit.

it is a cruel trick of nature that that skill which has best prepared us to be lawyers has turned against us in the interim.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 23, 2013 8:13 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Does anyone know where we can find their median? This is scaring the crap out of me:

173: http://www.mylsn.info/sau5zd
174: http://www.mylsn.info/3txas2

1 misbubble better not have cost me Harvard...

There is a 0% chance their median either went up to 174 last cycle or will go up to 174 after this cycle.

I don't know if we ever got the medians for c/o 2015, but the 25th/75th was 170/175. The median was either 173 or it may have even dropped to 172. Definitely not 174.

With applications dropping further this cycle, there's just no way.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 pm

helix23 wrote:

stahp

on one end, getting a js1 with my stats was a miracle which also lead me to think they really wanted me for whatever reason so all I had to do was not blow my js1 and that was enough.

on the other end, i didn't do a great job addressing some of my weaknesses so maybe I did, in fact, blow it.

please, harvard, please

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 8:19 pm

toothbrush wrote:
helix23 wrote:

stahp

on one end, getting a js1 with my stats was a miracle which also lead me to think they really wanted me for whatever reason so all I had to do was not blow my js1 and that was enough.

on the other end, i didn't do a great job addressing some of my weaknesses so maybe I did, in fact, blow it.

please, harvard, please

"addressing your weaknesses" = JS/KB directly asked you about it/them and you failed to come up with a solid response, or you failed to address your weaknesses on your own volition?

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 pm

toothbrush wrote:on one end, getting a js1 with my stats was a miracle which also lead me to think they really wanted me for whatever reason so all I had to do was not blow my js1 and that was enough.

please, harvard, please

or they just interviewed anyone with a pulse and whose numbers they wouldn't totally hate admitting in the off-chance that they were really squeezed to put butts in seats for the upcoming school year.

vamopalla

Postby vamopalla » Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 pm

toothbrush wrote:
helix23 wrote:

stahp

please, harvard, please

as a URM, you aren't really part of the filler/medians class that they seem to be taking atm. you are there in case their first choice of URMs doesn't work out. i.e. if they had picked a MA from the SW interested in X, they will find another MA from a similar region interested in roughly the same stuff to fill that spot.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 pm

gahhh--i just downed a homemade brownie sundae.

i think it's time for mickey to leave tls for the day. over and out.

*continues lurking in background*

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Thu May 23, 2013 8:56 pm

So is a JS2 w/o a JS1b pretty much not happening? (i.e. should I just give up all hope and never check the forums or worry about HLS again?)

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 pm

mickeysevenn wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
helix23 wrote:

stahp

please, harvard, please

"addressing your weaknesses" = JS/KB directly asked you about it/them and you failed to come up with a solid response, or you failed to address your weaknesses on your own volition?

Failed on my own volition. And when it was asked I could have elaborated more probably.

And yeah, I fill a specific slot as a urm type admit but ... they haven't looked at me yet :D

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 8:58 pm

feelingood wrote:So is a JS2 w/o a JS1b pretty much not happening? (i.e. should I just give up all hope and never check the forums or worry about HLS again?)

Some have gotten a js2 without a js1b but you should probably stop checking the forums because they cause anxiety.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 23, 2013 9:03 pm

toothbrush wrote:Failed on my own volition. And when it was asked I could have elaborated more probably.

Aww, don't worry bout that, son. I think if admissions had a glaring concern with you as an applicant, they would've brought it up in your interview--they did as much with me. As for elaborating, don't get too hung up on that. No interview is ever going to be 100% spot on, especially when something like a decision at H is in the balance. Maybe worry if they brought up a concern and your answer was "uhhh, I dunno." If you had something to assuage their reservations, then I think you did what you could do. Let the chips fall where they may.

lawschooler2be

Postby lawschooler2be » Thu May 23, 2013 9:23 pm

A bit odd that they left yesterday's JS1bs hanging today, no? Not that I am in this boat.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 9:42 pm

lawschooler2be wrote:A bit odd that they left yesterday's JS1bs hanging today, no? Not that I am in this boat.

I think it's odd. However, it bodes well for some movement tomorrow.

And thanks mickey. I'll still binge eat but thanks.

tidymnstr

Postby tidymnstr » Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 pm

The more high LSAT scores they acquire, the more room for those of us at the lower end. Let's petition JS (anonymously) for Lavitz. A couple more of us may squeeze in. What say? ---assuming he's not too infamous

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 pm

toothbrush wrote:
feelingood wrote:So is a JS2 w/o a JS1b pretty much not happening? (i.e. should I just give up all hope and never check the forums or worry about HLS again?)

Some have gotten a js2 without a js1b but you should probably stop checking the forums because they cause anxiety.

Can confirm. However, I'm glad I checked today so I know I'm not the only JS1b hanging.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 pm

tidymnstr wrote:The more high LSAT scores they acquire, the more room for those of us at the lower end. Let's petition JS (anonymously) for Lavitz. A couple more of us may squeeze in. What say? ---assuming he's not too infamous

Perhaps. I think it's an odd practice to do high lsats first than move down. Or "good" numbers then "urm". Like, inevitably, the pool will be mixed. But maybe they really do have "piles".

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”