Harvard Waitlist 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
untar614

Silver

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Post by untar614 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:11 pm

helix23 wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
digifly wrote:Seeing everyone on Facebook added within the last five hours was depressing!
Why? They will be your classmates... :lol:
Not that hopeful at this point. Get the NYC sadfest ready. Luckily, such types of events would not be unprecedented in NYC: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/forever- ... y-flashmob
this is fucked up
That's 4chan for you
Aussiebum wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
digifly wrote:Seeing everyone on Facebook added within the last five hours was depressing!
Why? They will be your classmates... :lol:
Not that hopeful at this point. Get the NYC sadfest ready. Luckily, such types of events would not be unprecedented in NYC: http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/forever- ... y-flashmob
Will you be joining? I need a head count.
Maybe, I'll have to get back to you later in the summer. I'll shoot you a PM when I have a better idea. Whatre you thinking date wise? Weekend of the 17th-18th, right after orientation?

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 3:16 pm

How many added ?

Doesn't look good for today. Probably done. Surprised no js2 for Trip, though. There was a mini round of js1bs yesterday that I thought would roll over into js2s already. If they don't, maybe Friday isn't off the table.

PrentissJames

New

Post by PrentissJames » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

Doesn't look good for today. Probably done. Surprised no js2 for Trip, though. There was a mini round of js1bs yesterday that I thought would roll over into js2s already. If they don't, maybe Friday isn't off the table.
So were there any JS2s today? If there were more JS1bs today (a wave), I think this would be an indication of a future, as in tomorrow, wave of JS2s. Most notably, it wouldn't make sense to add a step, JS1b, without massive acceptance following said JS1bs

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

Maybe done. Take this as you will but the first JS2s in last year's thread were reported around a couple hours from now.

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 3:23 pm

toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

Not sure today is over yet. Trip is probably on the phone with them right now.... accepting his offer and telling them how awesome we all are and that they must admit us so we can bring our pie, ice cream and praline peanut butter cookies (I am DYING to try that recipe!) with us to Cambridge.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

Not sure today is over yet. Trip is probably on the phone with them right now.... accepting his offer and telling them how awesome we all are and that they must admit us so we can bring our pie, ice cream and praline peanut butter cookies (I am DYING to try that recipe!) with us to Cambridge.
and frozen pizza

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

I would be if they called me. Though I think I might use toothbrush's technique and let it go to voicemail, if only because I had one school sham me this cycle by admitting me on the phone and putting me back on the waitlist after they realized they couldn't match my scholarship and they hadn't given me anything concrete to show I was admitted. Of course, I don't think JS/KB would do that, but I'm still edgy.

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 3:34 pm

helix23 wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

and frozen pizza
Of course. Yum!

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

I would be if they called me. Though I think I might use toothbrush's technique and let it go to voicemail, if only because I had one school sham me this cycle by admitting me on the phone and putting me back on the waitlist after they realized they couldn't match my scholarship and they hadn't given me anything concrete to show I was admitted. Of course, I don't think JS/KB would do that, but I'm still edgy.
What assholes! I've never heard of anything like this. It's Ave Maria's loss- you're going to Harvard!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 pm

untar614 wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:Will you be joining? I need a head count.
Maybe, I'll have to get back to you later in the summer. I'll shoot you a PM when I have a better idea. Whatre you thinking date wise? Weekend of the 17th-18th, right after orientation?
Anytime before the 24th is good for me. That's when I move to Ithaca.

mustached

New

Post by mustached » Thu May 23, 2013 3:42 pm

My damn chiropractor has called me every day this week to set up an appointment. I haven't had much coverage so I always come back with a voicemail icon. I've never been so disappointed to hear "Hello Mr. ___, this is Laura..."

untar614

Silver

Post by untar614 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:43 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
How many added ?

Are you serious?! who did this, and just how did this play out?

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Lavitz wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Ok perfect. It seems like the weekend of the 17th-18th is good for everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shakespeare

Bronze

Post by shakespeare » Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 pm

So, I think we're pretty much out of hope here.

21 added on FB this morning were presumably those who received JS2s yesterday (i.e., JSB1 on Tuesday). That's not including many ppl who are travelling and have no internet access, and we know there's at least one of those.

We also know there were JSb1's yesterday, so that'll be about another 21 (i guess) receiving JS2s today or tmrw.

That makes it about 550 on FB group.

I'm assuming that ppl who plan to attend Harvard stayed on the FB group since why else would they stay on.

In the past, Harvard has accepted approx. 800 students, but i'm going to make a guess and say that they're going to accept perhaps a hundred less this year to protect their YP rate. If they want to protect that YP rate, it's a safe route to go.

Also, they've called about 99% of the WL people they planned to admit, so I think they and we can safely assume that most of those WL ppl they admit will indeed be attending Harvard.

Thus, there's really no reason to admit substantially more than the approx. 560 that will be attending Harvard in the fall.

It's been fun, folks.

arrggg

Bronze

Post by arrggg » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Ok perfect. It seems like the weekend of the 17th-18th is good for everyone.
Ah count me in, too

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:01 pm

shakespeare wrote:

It's been fun, folks.
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

shakespeare wrote:So, I think we're pretty much out of hope here.

21 added on FB this morning were presumably those who received JS2s yesterday (i.e., JSB1 on Tuesday). That's not including many ppl who are travelling and have no internet access, and we know there's at least one of those.

We also know there were JSb1's yesterday, so that'll be about another 21 (i guess) receiving JS2s today or tmrw.

I'm assuming that ppl who plan to attend Harvard stayed on the FB group since why else would they stay on.

In the past, Harvard has accepted approx. 800 students, but i'm going to make a guess and say that they're going to accept perhaps a hundred less this year to protect their YP rate. If they want to protect that YP rate, it's a safe route to go.

Also, they've called about 99% of the WL people they planned to admit, so I think they and we can safely assume that most of those WL ppl they admit will indeed be attending Harvard.

Thus, there's really no reason to admit substantially more than the approx. 560 that will be attending Harvard in the fall.

It's been fun, folks.
I like you so don't get mad.

This is one of the most garbage speculative posts I've read in this thread. You pulled numbers out of your ass and you give way too much credence to Facebook numbers.

At this point the safest thing to say is no one knows what will happen. They seem to be lowering the numbers they're taking. They also haven't admitted any urms which accounted for 1/4 last year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shakespeare

Bronze

Post by shakespeare » Thu May 23, 2013 4:12 pm

toothbrush wrote:
shakespeare wrote:So, I think we're pretty much out of hope here.

It's been fun, folks.
I like you so don't get mad.

This is one of the most garbage speculative posts I've read in this thread. You pulled numbers out of your ass and you give way too much credence to Facebook numbers.

At this point the safest thing to say is no one knows what will happen. They seem to be lowering the numbers they're taking. They also haven't admitted any urms which accounted for 1/4 last year.
Hm... Think the numbers are pretty clear, if you go through the past few pages and look on the FB book and the Harvard Law website. Which numbers would i be pulling?

Better to hope or better to dismay?
For me, the latter. I don't want to crash too hard after I don't get in.

That said, I'd love to believe your theory and have it proven correct.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Why are you assuming they're yp'ing 100 spots this year ? There is nothing to indicate that. The js1bs aren't saving Hls from the massive WL js2 denials last year because only one person turned down their offer iirc.

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

toothbrush wrote:Why are you assuming they're yp'ing 100 spots this year ? There is nothing to indicate that. The js1bs aren't saving Hls from the massive WL js2 denials last year because only one person turned down their offer iirc.
I agree that the assumption that they are admitting 100 people less this year is unsubstantiated. Otherwise I think Shakespeare is right about the rest of his/her post. I wish he was wrong. So so so wrong.

But hey, either way we get goodies like frozen pizza. We are all winners already.
Last edited by Aussiebum on Thu May 23, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:Why are you assuming they're yp'ing 100 spots this year ? There is nothing to indicate that. The js1bs aren't saving Hls from the massive WL js2 denials last year because only one person turned down their offer iirc.
I agree that the assumption that they are admitting 100 people less this year is unsubstantiated. Otherwise I think Shakespeare is right about the rest of his post. I wish he was wrong. So so so wrong.

But hey, either way we get goodies like frozen pizza. We are all winners already.
If he's wrong on 100 people than how can the rest of what he/ she said be remotely rights? ( ie they're done)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Thu May 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
You're optimism and excitement regarding this soirée makes me smile

shakespeare

Bronze

Post by shakespeare » Thu May 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
I agree that the assumption that they are admitting 100 people less this year is unsubstantiated. Otherwise I think Shakespeare is right about the rest of his post. I wish he was wrong. So so so wrong.

Yeah, I'd say that's the only number I pulled out of my ass, and i also stipulated it with a "i guess." :/

To explain, my logic isn't "100 less" than 800. It's more:

You think they would honestly admit a 100 more people than they need to fill that class of 550 (approx. maybe it'll go up to 580 or so), even though they've called most of the ppl they admitted from the WL so far (at least according to those who have reported it on here) to ensure they're still interested?

Or put another way: the class is roughly full (yes, fbook might be wrong...but what is the margin of error? give/take 50 people?? idk). Why admit more?

My gut says it'll be less than 100. How much less, I don't know.
Last edited by shakespeare on Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aussiebum

Bronze

Post by Aussiebum » Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm

toothbrush wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:

If he's wrong on 100 people than how can the rest of what he/ she said be remotely rights? ( ie they're done)
I'm a firm believer that once the FB group reaches 550+ range that means they have filled the class. It doesn't tell us how many offers they made total (100 more or less from last year? who knows...) but it does tell us that at around 550 people accepted their offer. THAT is the true measure of our chances.

shakespeare

Bronze

Post by shakespeare » Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:

I'm a firm believer that once the FB group reaches 550+ range that means they have filled the class. It doesn't tell us how many offers they made total (100 more or less from last year? who knows...) but it does tell us that at around 550 people accepted their offer. THAT is the true measure of our chances.
That's roughly what i meant. Sorry! My English sucks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”