Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm

are people expecting a urm/softs wave? the google doc shows only one unidentified person getting a js1b but it seems like the others are numbers people. can someone pm me if they know of or think they were part of the non-number-helping group?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

vamopalla wrote:are people expecting a urm/softs wave?

I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up. When has the first post-WL JS2 wave ever been restricted to any groups?

vamopalla
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby vamopalla » Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 pm

TripTrip wrote:
vamopalla wrote:are people expecting a urm/softs wave?

I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up. When has the first post-WL JS2 wave ever been restricted to any groups?


that's exactly my point. this one (if we are considering this js1b wave a js2 one) basically was. that group was predominantly people with rockstar numbers.

that said, i'm only basing this assertion on the google doc and on the people who reported them on the thread.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby shakespeare » Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 am

Where is the link to the Google doc?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Wed May 22, 2013 12:34 am

At least Arrested Development is here for me.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 am

I surely hope that lack of JS1b for me only signifies that I was very convincing about my plans to attend Harvard if admitted.


shakespeare wrote:Where is the link to the Google doc?

In the original post.

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 am

There's no way they are JS1B-ing every person they intend to JS2, right?

There is simply no precedent that in order to get a JS2, you need a JS1b.

tidymnstr
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby tidymnstr » Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 am

eyfl wrote:I surely hope that lack of JS1b for me only signifies that I was very convincing about my plans to attend Harvard if admitted.




You mean something along the lines of "I would immediately accept an offer to join the entering class of fall 2013." :)
Last edited by tidymnstr on Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MyNameIsFlynn!
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 am

So y'all think tomorrow will be the day?

User avatar
mickeysevenn
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby mickeysevenn » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:So y'all think tomorrow will be the day?


I think it will most definitely be tomorrow and if not then, some other day.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:So y'all think tomorrow will be the day?

Nothing is prohibiting the start from being tonight.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 am

tidymnstr wrote:
eyfl wrote:I surely hope that lack of JS1b for me only signifies that I was very convincing about my plans to attend Harvard if admitted.




You mean something along the lines of "I would immediately accept an offer to join the entering class of fall 2013." :)


Something like that (like if I don't get off the WL my plan is to retake the lsat and reapply next year)

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Wed May 22, 2013 12:08 pm

eyfl wrote:
tidymnstr wrote:
eyfl wrote:I surely hope that lack of JS1b for me only signifies that I was very convincing about my plans to attend Harvard if admitted.




You mean something along the lines of "I would immediately accept an offer to join the entering class of fall 2013." :)


Something like that (like if I don't get off the WL my plan is to retake the lsat and reapply next year)

Maybe that will backfire since they like people to take time off to work more. Can't ever have enough WE for HLS. ;D

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby shakespeare » Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Did anyone get a jsb1 today? Lavitz?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm

shouldn't everyone be jittery with nerves? I understood "in the next couples days" to be "within the next couple days"

what times the cutoff for "it ain't happening"

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby shakespeare » Wed May 22, 2013 12:48 pm

helix23 wrote:shouldn't everyone be jittery with nerves? I understood "in the next couples days" to be "within the next couple days"

what times the cutoff for "it ain't happening"



We're all here. Probably jsut refreshing the page, waiting for others to write something of substance.

At least i'm here. Hopeless, but here.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 pm

shakespeare wrote:
helix23 wrote:shouldn't everyone be jittery with nerves? I understood "in the next couples days" to be "within the next couple days"

what times the cutoff for "it ain't happening"



We're all here. Probably jsut refreshing the page, waiting for others to write something of substance.

At least i'm here. Hopeless, but here.


sup man. rough winds do shake the darling buds of may.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby jbagelboy » Wed May 22, 2013 1:03 pm

digifly wrote:At least Arrested Development is here for me.


Michael Cera is an ever constant companion.

lawschooler2be
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby lawschooler2be » Wed May 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Any speculation on whether this wave will be it and then people will be admitted in case others drop out or whether there will be multiple waves? Also, how can you tell whether you had a good interview/what your chances are based on comments made in the interview (in case any people already admitted/rejected are reading this)

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Wed May 22, 2013 1:23 pm

shakespeare wrote:Did anyone get a jsb1 today? Lavitz?

Nope.

I even brought my phone into the gym with me--which I never do. It gave me bad luck: some meddling PT noticed my shoulder injury and ruined my workout trying to make me do different exercises.

I blame Harvard for this.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 pm

lawschooler2be wrote:Any speculation on whether this wave will be it and then people will be admitted in case others drop out or whether there will be multiple waves? Also, how can you tell whether you had a good interview/what your chances are based on comments made in the interview (in case any people already admitted/rejected are reading this)


go look at the past threads and let us know, bro

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 pm

anyone else's email lowercase?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Wed May 22, 2013 1:33 pm

helix23 wrote:anyone else's email lowercase?

:?:

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 pm

helix23 wrote:anyone else's email lowercase?


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Wed May 22, 2013 1:38 pm

helix23 wrote:anyone else's email lowercase?

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, Lawl_Schoolz, pandaaa, xn3345, xnsch, Zoe107 and 14 guests