Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Tue May 21, 2013 4:59 pm

TripTrip wrote:Unless everyone who got these mysterious JS1bs is keeping them a secret, there's not enough here to account for the size the admit wave is probably going to be.

that's what I was thinking as well.

feelingood
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby feelingood » Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Do you think they know the amount of physical and emotional stress that they are forcing on us with these "it's coming soon" tips?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Tue May 21, 2013 5:02 pm

feelingood wrote:Do you think they know the amount of physical and emotional stress that they are forcing on us with these "it's coming soon" tips?

Physical? Is everything alright bro ?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:03 pm

So to sum up, we're thinking

JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers and JS2s tomorrow and/or thursday?

(ETA, JS2s for all (including those without JS1bs)

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm

helix23 wrote:So to sum up, we're thinking

JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers and JS2s tomorrow and/or thursday?

(ETA, JS2s for all (including those without JS1bs)

Helix you just pumped my chubby.

feelingood
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby feelingood » Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm

toothbrush wrote:
feelingood wrote:Do you think they know the amount of physical and emotional stress that they are forcing on us with these "it's coming soon" tips?

Physical? Is everything alright bro ?



I'm not a doctor, but I'm relatively sure that a perpetually elevated heart rate isn't a positive thing.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

helix23 wrote:JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers

I think Lavitz would join me in saying: eff that sentiment.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby shakespeare » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm

shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!

:evil:

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm

TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers

I think Lavitz would join me in saying: eff that sentiment.


what else could it be?

bakaaw
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby bakaaw » Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm

under what circumstances would a JS1b in which an applicant expressed interest in attending if admitted not be a prelude to a JS2?

especially if JS is saying: "give us a couple of days more" to make a decision. can't imagine they're getting set to reject these people and taking up the time to call them before doing so, and they're implying pretty hard that continued status on the waitlist isn't really happening.

unless i'm missing something (am i?), congrats to errybody getting them calls.

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 21, 2013 5:11 pm

TripTrip wrote:
shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!

:evil:


Why does this line of reasoning infuriate you?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!

:evil:


Why does this line of reasoning infuriate you?

Because I have galactic numbers and did not get a JS1b. Granted, I made it pretty clear that I would attend when asked three and a half weeks ago.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Tue May 21, 2013 5:14 pm

shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!


But what about Jaqen? He/she doesn't have numbers that I would describe as "galactic" for Harvard. And they had received their JS1 on 4/25 :? . Is it possible that the people they are calling let them know of other extremely competitive offers (i.e. SLS or Y)?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

helix23 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers

I think Lavitz would join me in saying: eff that sentiment.


what else could it be?

YP non-galactic numbers who deposited at lower T-14s to ask if $$$ is a prime consideration.

Of course, this just makes things twice as bad for me and TripTrip.

Three times as bad for me since I had my KB1 in November so you'd think they'd check in with me before admitting me.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Jaqen » Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 pm

digifly wrote:
shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!


But what about Jaqen? He/she doesn't have numbers that I would describe as "galactic" for Harvard. And they had received their JS1 on 4/25 :? . Is it possible that the people they are calling let them know of other extremely competitive offers (i.e. SLS or Y)?


Nah, no S or Y here.

And I'm a guy ftr.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Lavitz wrote:
helix23 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:JS1b calls today to YP galactic numbers

I think Lavitz would join me in saying: eff that sentiment.


what else could it be?

YP non-galactic numbers who deposited at lower T-14s to ask if $$$ is a prime consideration.

Of course, this just makes things twice as bad for me and TripTrip.

Three times as bad for me since I had my KB1 in November so you'd think they'd check in with me before admitting me.


And equally as bad for me since I have non-galactic numbers and they never asked where I was depositing or if financial aid was a factor?

my confidence is dwindling, bros

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Aussiebum wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!

:evil:


Why does this line of reasoning infuriate you?

Because I have galactic numbers and did not get a JS1b. Granted, I made it pretty clear that I would attend when asked three and a half weeks ago.


Ah, I see. I also made it clear in my interview that I would attend if admitted (albeit I do not have "galactic numbers".) Did you submit a LOCI? Maybe that is why they are not calling you?

I think they are only calling people they are not 100% sure will attend. Those of us who have made our intentions blatantly clear shouldn't worry if we don't receive JS1/KB1-B's. I hope...

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
I think they are only calling people they are not 100% sure will attend. Those of us who have made our intentions blatantly clear shouldn't worry if we don't receive JS1/KB1-B's. I hope...


heres to hoping

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby applemaroon » Tue May 21, 2013 5:26 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Tue May 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Jaqen wrote:
digifly wrote:
shakespeare wrote:I hope it's only to YP galactic numbers!!!


But what about Jaqen? He/she doesn't have numbers that I would describe as "galactic" for Harvard. And they had received their JS1 on 4/25 :? . Is it possible that the people they are calling let them know of other extremely competitive offers (i.e. SLS or Y)?


Nah, no S or Y here.

And I'm a guy ftr.


Any reason they might think you'd hesitate to attend? Maybe that's too much info to ask for...

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2738
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Aussiebum wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Because I have galactic numbers and did not get a JS1b. Granted, I made it pretty clear that I would attend when asked three and a half weeks ago.


Ah, I see. I also made it clear in my interview that I would attend if admitted (albeit I do not have "galactic numbers".) Did you submit a LOCI? Maybe that is why they are not calling you?

I think they are only calling people they are not 100% sure will attend. Those of us who have made our intentions blatantly clear shouldn't worry if we don't receive JS1/KB1-B's. I hope...

That's kinda my only motif of hope. I'm not sure what we would talk about in a JS1b since they already know where I deposited and that I would attend Harvard instead.

dennycrane59
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby dennycrane59 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm

applemaroon wrote:Did people that got the feeler call submit a LOCI?



Yes

Aussiebum
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Aussiebum » Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm

dennycrane59 wrote:
applemaroon wrote:Did people that got the feeler call submit a LOCI?



Yes


(((((BOOM!))))) :shock: :?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Image




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”