Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 20, 2013 1:37 am

BSC wrote:I just got my final grades back and graduated. I'll definitely send a transcript through LSAC, but should I also send them an update about my new gpa and summa cum laude? I figure I could update that stuff on my resume and send it so they'll get it before LSAC gets it to them. Should I? thanks

Yeah, I suppose it couldn't hurt.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 am

feelingood wrote:Everyone get ready for nothing to happen tomorrow.


I see it happening!

jakeymay
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby jakeymay » Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 am

Has it been brought up that next monday is memorial day?

27th is pretty unlikely, right?

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 am

This the day that about 20 TLSers' lives change.

IT'S GOING DOWN TODAY.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 am

jakeymay wrote:Has it been brought up that next monday is memorial day?

27th is pretty unlikely, right?

...ha! Then the new theory is 21st or 28th.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am

TripTrip wrote:
jakeymay wrote:Has it been brought up that next monday is memorial day?

27th is pretty unlikely, right?

...ha! Then the new theory is 21st or 28th.

LMAO that was quite the oversight by .. all of us.

God, today makes me nervous. Even logging into TLS made me o.o

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 am

toothbrush wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
jakeymay wrote:Has it been brought up that next monday is memorial day?

27th is pretty unlikely, right?

...ha! Then the new theory is 21st or 28th.

LMAO that was quite the oversight by .. all of us.

God, today makes me nervous. Even logging into TLS made me o.o

Tomorrow should make you worried, not today. There isn't any active speculation predicting today because there has not been any lag days since interviews finished.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 am

TripTrip wrote: because there has not been any lag days since interviews finished.

What does this mean ?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 am

toothbrush wrote:
TripTrip wrote: because there has not been any lag days since interviews finished.

What does this mean ?

Lavitz wrote:Speculation: I'm going to bet JS2s do not come on Monday the 20th.

Logic: If they don't finish all the interviews until Friday evening, they'll need at least one more day to finalize decisions.

Precedent: After the first two weeks of JS1s ended on a Friday, the very first wave of JS2s occurred over the following Tuesday and Wednesday.

User avatar
mickeysevenn
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby mickeysevenn » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 am

Longtimelurk wrote:This the day that about 20 TLSers' lives change.

IT'S GOING DOWN TODAY.


I BELIEVE!
Let us unite in deluded optimism, for that is all we have! Huzzah!!

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby RSterling » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 am

For those with access, have any new JS1 dates been added or is it empty from here on out?

lisazhao
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby lisazhao » Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 am

The interview scheduler is closed

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 20, 2013 11:36 am

RSterling wrote:For those with access, have any new JS1 dates been added or is it empty from here on out?

Image

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 am

They're in that office right now finalizing the waitlist wave. No way it doesn't come this week.

jakeymay
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby jakeymay » Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

Pisces (February 20-March 20)
Memorial Day rager at your place! With the sun lighting up your domestic sector for a month, you’re the host with the most. Spiff up Chateau Pisces and invite some out-of-town guests. Also, Saturday’s eclipse brings big news for your career. That once-in-a-lifetime offer may finally roll in. A little out of your league? Yes, but what you don’t know, you’ll learn along the way.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 am

Longtimelurk wrote:They're in that office right now finalizing the waitlist wave. No way it doesn't come this week.

It could come at the end of the week, yes.

jakeymay wrote:Pisces (February 20-March 20)
Memorial Day rager at your place! With the sun lighting up your domestic sector for a month, you’re the host with the most. Spiff up Chateau Pisces and invite some out-of-town guests. Also, Saturday’s eclipse brings big news for your career. That once-in-a-lifetime offer may finally roll in. A little out of your league? Yes, but what you don’t know, you’ll learn along the way.

So, is there really a rager at your place?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Longtimelurk wrote:They're in that office right now finalizing the waitlist wave. No way it doesn't come this week.

idk if i'm ready

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Mon May 20, 2013 12:32 pm

jakeymay wrote:Pisces (February 20-March 20)
Memorial Day rager at your place! With the sun lighting up your domestic sector for a month, you’re the host with the most. Spiff up Chateau Pisces and invite some out-of-town guests. Also, Saturday’s eclipse brings big news for your career. That once-in-a-lifetime offer may finally roll in. A little out of your league? Yes, but what you don’t know, you’ll learn along the way.



So what does your horoscope say about Virgo?

jakeymay
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby jakeymay » Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 pm

So what does your horoscope say about Virgo?


"Move over, Lena Dunham. There’s a new wunderkind in town. The sun blazes into your haus of ambition from May 20 to June 21, so if you want to take over the world (or your corner of it), go for it. Men are your Best Supporting Castmates in this game of thrones, with the exception of Saturday when a brilliant eclipse reveals a powerful she-ro who will champion your cause. "

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Mon May 20, 2013 12:43 pm

jakeymay wrote:
So what does your horoscope say about Virgo?


"Move over, Lena Dunham. There’s a new wunderkind in town. The sun blazes into your haus of ambition from May 20 to June 21, so if you want to take over the world (or your corner of it), go for it. Men are your Best Supporting Castmates in this game of thrones, with the exception of Saturday when a brilliant eclipse reveals a powerful she-ro who will champion your cause. "


She! Saturday! Could that mean JS2 on Friday (it's gonna be Saturday my time)? :lol:

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Mon May 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Did we come to a collective opinion as to whether JS1Bs are happening this year?

(JS1B is the phone call where they ask if you would attend if accepted.)

Invites for JS1B typically come through email, right? (I've heard mention of someone getting an email saying, "Got time to chat tomorrow?")

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Longtimelurk wrote:Did we come to a collective opinion as to whether JS1Bs are happening this year?

(JS1B is the phone call where they ask if you would attend if accepted.)

Invites for JS1B typically come through email, right? (I've heard mention of someone getting an email saying, "Got time to chat tomorrow?")

Never heard of it.

I don't think so. They sort of asked in my JS1 if i'd attend at sticker when they asked "so where have you deposited" etc.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

toothbrush wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Did we come to a collective opinion as to whether JS1Bs are happening this year?

(JS1B is the phone call where they ask if you would attend if accepted.)

Invites for JS1B typically come through email, right? (I've heard mention of someone getting an email saying, "Got time to chat tomorrow?")

Never heard of it.

I don't think so. They sort of asked in my JS1 if i'd attend at sticker when they asked "so where have you deposited" etc.


How do you draw conclusion from them asking where you'd deposited? I think they might have just wanted to know where you'd be going if you don't come to HLS

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:How do you draw conclusion from them asking where you'd deposited? I think they might have just wanted to know where you'd be going if you don't come to HLS

I mentioned in my reasoning for why I chose x that they were generous with aid. She asked if I realized that HLS does FA differently and would I attend if given the opportunity without aid.

Didn't have to draw much from that. She sort of asked. I guess others weren't asked that.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 pm

toothbrush wrote:Didn't have to draw much from that. She sort of asked. I guess others weren't asked that.


I wasn't. Guess they assumed I'd be down to chop off a toe or two for the opp.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hip to be Square, longsh0305, SevenSeven77 and 13 guests