Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 am

TripTrip wrote:We oughtta switch to Friends clips. Friends > Seinfeld.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all night! :lol:

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:We oughtta switch to Friends clips. Friends > Seinfeld.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all night! :lol:

Funny that I even had to mention it? Yeah, I know, it's just a priori that Friends is the epitome of awesomeness. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 16, 2013 1:16 am

TripTrip wrote:Funny that I even had to mention it? Yeah, I know, it's just a priori that Friends is the epitome of awesomeness. :mrgreen:

You're on my list.

User avatar
mickeysevenn
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 am

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Funny that I even had to mention it? Yeah, I know, it's just a priori that Friends is the epitome of awesomeness. :mrgreen:

You're on my list.


No soup for you, Trip^2.

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 am

Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?

depends on so many variables. when did you apply before? what are your numbers? are you going to retake? will you do something meaningful between now and through the fall?

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby untar614 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:14 am

Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I would not. Even if I hit 180 in June, I just wouldn't gamble a year just on the hope to get in when I already have some good options which may not reappear next year (T14 scholarships can seem pretty random at times). If in some weird happenstance they offered me a deferred admission, I'd take that though.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby masked kavana » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I reapplied after raising my gpa substantially and was WLed at H again. I think it's worth it to reapply if you have substantial changes and you make some changed to your app (PS, etc.)

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 am

untar614 wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I would not. Even if I hit 180 in June, I just wouldn't gamble a year just on the hope to get in when I already have some good options which may not reappear next year (T14 scholarships can seem pretty random at times). If in some weird happenstance they offered me a deferred admission, I'd take that though.

Same. If they said "hey toothbrush here's a spot - come back in 2 years with some more WE" I'd take that in a jiffy.

Longtimelurk
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Longtimelurk » Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 pm

toothbrush wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I would not. Even if I hit 180 in June, I just wouldn't gamble a year just on the hope to get in when I already have some good options which may not reappear next year (T14 scholarships can seem pretty random at times). If in some weird happenstance they offered me a deferred admission, I'd take that though.

Same. If they said "hey toothbrush here's a spot - come back in 2 years with some more WE" I'd take that in a jiffy.


Any precedent for that on TLS?

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby eyfl » Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I saw Helix23 today, he's a real businessman and has his own website! Proof:

Image

P.S. Apparently too much time on TLS is bad for health

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Yes. In Soviet Russia, Helix drive you!

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Longtimelurk wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
untar614 wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I would not. Even if I hit 180 in June, I just wouldn't gamble a year just on the hope to get in when I already have some good options which may not reappear next year (T14 scholarships can seem pretty random at times). If in some weird happenstance they offered me a deferred admission, I'd take that though.

Same. If they said "hey toothbrush here's a spot - come back in 2 years with some more WE" I'd take that in a jiffy.


Any precedent for that on TLS?

Not from Harvard. From Northwestern, all the time.

User avatar
dnptan
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby dnptan » Thu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm

untar614 wrote:
Longtimelurk wrote:Would anybody here put off law school if they didn't get in and reapply in September?

Thought on chances for re-applyers?


I would not. Even if I hit 180 in June, I just wouldn't gamble a year just on the hope to get in when I already have some good options which may not reappear next year (T14 scholarships can seem pretty random at times). If in some weird happenstance they offered me a deferred admission, I'd take that though.


I would. Here are the things I would do differently/work on with my year:

Retake LSAT [170]
Apply early [Applied Feb 1 this cycle]
Get personalized Recommendations
Have fun with life

My softs are OK, but not great. I don't think I'd work on getting "better" ones for the sake of getting into Harvard. It takes the fun/sincerity out of it.

I withdrew from all my acceptances/wait lists except Harvard, and opted to stay in Boston (in part because of the bombings). I'll work for another year and enjoy actually making money. If I don't get in Harvard next cycle, I can just go back to being an Engineer haha! Maybe get a PhD or go into business school? Anything that will lead to startups, I'm aggressively looking into.

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby trojandave » Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

toothbrush wrote:that place is shwanky


After seeing the picture of the 'resort-style pool' I'm sold. UVA certainly has its... benefits

rosietheriveter
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby rosietheriveter » Thu May 16, 2013 4:49 pm

eyfl wrote:I saw Helix23 today, he's a real businessman and has his own website! Proof:



P.S. Apparently too much time on TLS is bad for health


wait a minute are you in russia too?

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Thu May 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Well, now I really am starting to regret my UG decision!

http://www.boston.com/yourcampus/news/h ... ndent.html

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm

digifly wrote:Well, now I really am starting to regret my UG decision!

http://www.boston.com/yourcampus/news/h ... ndent.html

Why? It's not like you're a college junior now. I mean, I regret my UG decision, but for a different reason.

Anyway, here's the full thread for it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209605

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Unlike most Harvard Juniors, I have no debt. Can't regret that, especially if we both end up at Harvard Law. Just sayin.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby digifly » Thu May 16, 2013 6:59 pm

TripTrip wrote:Unlike most Harvard Juniors, I have no debt. Can't regret that, especially if we both end up at Harvard Law. Just sayin.


Well maybe it's because I have a little debt, too. Haha

But yeah I don't really regret it, I was just being dramatic!

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 pm

TripTrip wrote:Unlike most Harvard Juniors, I have no debt. Can't regret that, especially if we both end up at Harvard Law. Just sayin.

Harvard College is one of the*makes unsupported claim* cheaper private schools to go for. I think average aid is ~40grand /yr. They are super generous.

Just saying.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 pm

any1 get a JS2 yet?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 16, 2013 7:55 pm

helix23 wrote:any1 get a JS2 yet?

yah didn't you ?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby helix23 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 pm

toothbrush wrote:
helix23 wrote:any1 get a JS2 yet?

yah didn't you ?


yah i did wuz jus ch3ckin #ROFLMAO #t14 #WL #me

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm

helix23 wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
helix23 wrote:any1 get a JS2 yet?

yah didn't you ?


yah i did wuz jus ch3ckin #ROFLMAO #t14 #WL #me

obvious move to hit 2k posts




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests