Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lavitz

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

digifly wrote:At what point do we officially determine that it just isn't happening today?

Now.

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm

digifly wrote:At what point do we officially determine that it just isn't happening today?

Based on the feeling that I'm getting from the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich I just finished (which is not sitting well at the moment), I want to say that we'll be waiting another week.

digifly

Postby digifly » Mon May 13, 2013 4:28 pm

feelingood wrote:

Based on the feeling that I'm getting from the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich I just finished (which is not sitting well at the moment), I want to say that we'll be waiting another week.

Guess you're not feelingood?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 pm

digifly wrote:
feelingood wrote:

Pro tip: don't pick up the js2 call in the bathroom

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

toothbrush wrote:
digifly wrote:
feelingood wrote:

Pro tip: don't pick up the js2 call in the bathroom

Wouldn't that be a JS2 to remember (for her as well as me)? "Omg, this is so exciting. Thank you so much <flush>."

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Jaqen wrote:
eyfl wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
digifly wrote:I'd like to think it comes from the dramatic increase in smartphone usage which could lead to more TLSers being online more often.

As someone who travels for work and is currently TLSing from the airport, I can confirm.

A mandatory follow-up question: what do you do for work?

He fires people.

I thought this was going to be a link to something I posted. I guess that should tell you something.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 pm

:lol:

rehsalt

Postby rehsalt » Mon May 13, 2013 6:06 pm

While we continue to wait, we need to get some speculation going on why they are waiting before making any movement. They've known for over a week approximately how many spots they need to fill. They do have some interviews left this week, but they don't need to accept everyone at once. It will be an extended process regardless of when then start. Someone said something about JS mentioning she understands that people need time to get comfortable with the school before they make a decision. And they are going to need a lot of folks from the waitlist. These should be reasons for them to begin the process as soon as they can.

TripTrip, first move is yours.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 pm

They want to evaluate the waitlist pool, including information gleaned from interviews, before they start to admit off the waitlist. They probably already have half or more of the admits picked out, but they don't want to start with the admit calls until they've interviewed the "primary" waitlist candidates. (There will be more JS1s after this, but not so wave - like).

digifly

Postby digifly » Mon May 13, 2013 6:21 pm

I thought this was going to be a link to something I posted. I guess that should tell you something.

Hello TripTrip.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 pm

You caught me.

sabanist

Postby sabanist » Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Lavitz wrote:
digifly wrote:Do we know how long it would take to find out about aid IF we are admitted?

Considering Harvard's not using Need Access this year and will instead make us fill out some other complicated forms after admitting us, it could take a while.

Late on this, but once you submit your FAFSA, the forms on their website (they weren't bad at all for me, but then again, my family has no investments/real estate/etc), and submit the documents they ask for, it's supposed to be a ten day turnaround. I don't know if that will still be the same for WLers, but I have seen nothing indicating that it would be different.

They recently sent out an email to people who hadn't applied yet, urging us to get things rolling or we wouldn't get aid in time. Maybe they're anticipating a lot more applicants soon :)

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 pm

sabanist wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
digifly wrote:Do we know how long it would take to find out about aid IF we are admitted?

Considering Harvard's not using Need Access this year and will instead make us fill out some other complicated forms after admitting us, it could take a while.

Late on this, but once you submit your FAFSA, the forms on their website (they weren't bad at all for me, but then again, my family has no investments/real estate/etc), and submit the documents they ask for, it's supposed to be a ten day turnaround. I don't know if that will still be the same for WLers, but I have seen nothing indicating that it would be different.

They recently sent out an email to people who hadn't applied yet, urging us to get things rolling or we wouldn't get aid in time. Maybe they're anticipating a lot more applicants soon :)

we love u

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm

sabanist wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

True or not, seeing this little gem makes me so happy. you're awesome sabanist

porch

Postby porch » Tue May 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Worth it to send in another LOCI about graduating summa cum laude?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm

porch wrote:Worth it to send in another LOCI about graduating summa cum laude?

were you js1'd?

porch

Postby porch » Tue May 14, 2013 12:19 pm

toothbrush wrote:

were you js1'd?

No, =(

But I also didn't accept the waitlist offer until after the wave

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 14, 2013 12:28 pm

That's an update, not a LOCI, and is certainly worth sending along with a note that you submitted those final transcripts to LSAC.

porch

Postby porch » Tue May 14, 2013 1:06 pm

TripTrip wrote:

That's an update, not a LOCI, and is certainly worth sending along with a note that you submitted those final transcripts to LSAC.

thats true thats what I meant. Thanks trip!

broadstreet11

Postby broadstreet11 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 pm

It's quiet today. Mor speculationz plz.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:It's quiet today. Mor speculationz plz.

I've decided to hold off until next Monday unless someone has compelling reasons to think anything might happen sooner

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

eyfl wrote:
broadstreet11 wrote:It's quiet today. Mor speculationz plz.

I've decided to hold off until next Monday unless someone has compelling reasons to think anything might happen sooner

Nah, enjoy the week. Nothing is happening for now.

ten177

Postby ten177 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,

When sending in a short update do I just write in the body of the email or play it safe and attach it is as a pdf.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 pm

ten177 wrote:Hi,

When sending in a short update do I just write in the body of the email or play it safe and attach it is as a pdf.

I've been attaching them because I think Harvard still prints them out to add to your file. It shouldn't make a big difference though.

kfischm1

Postby kfischm1 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Don't late regular admits have a later deposit deadline than everyone else? Couldn't that be why they haven't started sending out JS2s from the waitlist, because that deadline hasn't passed yet?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”