Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TripTrip

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 11:55 am

toothbrush wrote:Would you guys prefer NO Js2's today or a wave of Js2's but YOU aren't in it.. ?

Let's get real here. I love all you guys, but I want to go to Harvard.

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Mon May 13, 2013 11:57 am

Do acceptances off of the wait list come as phone calls or emails?

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Mon May 13, 2013 11:57 am

toothbrush wrote:TLS is awesomely neurotic. I'm down for some js2's today.. but only if I'm in that wave.

Would you guys prefer NO Js2's today or a wave of Js2's but YOU aren't in it.. ?

Depends on the size of the wave. If it's just a small ripple, perhaps with a few of the early April JS1s, then I'd be ambivalent knowing another JS2 wave will probably come along later in the month. If large wave, then :cry:

The good news is that if it's not today, then we'll pretty much know it's next Monday the 20th.

...Unless they decide to do JS2s on a Wednesday or Friday, which is a distinct possibility

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
toothbrush wrote:TLS is awesomely neurotic. I'm down for some js2's today.. but only if I'm in that wave.

Would you guys prefer NO Js2's today or a wave of Js2's but YOU aren't in it.. ?

Depends on the size of the wave. If it's just a small ripple, perhaps with a few of the early April JS1s, then I'd be ambivalent knowing another JS2 wave will probably come along later in the month. If large wave, then :cry:

The good news is that if it's not today, then we'll pretty much know it's next Monday the 20th.

...Unless they decide to do JS2s on a Wednesday or Friday, which is a distinct possibility

Why couldn't it be the 27th?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 12:00 pm

feelingood wrote:Why couldn't it be the 27th?

This is a very real possibility because it would give them a week of sorting through those who were interviewed this week.

I think KB implied it may be the week of 27th...?

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 pm

toothbrush wrote:Would you guys prefer NO Js2's today or a wave of Js2's but YOU aren't in it.. ?

I had a dream this morning that everyone else got JS2s today except for me (again). It's not fun.

feelingood wrote:Do acceptances off of the wait list come as phone calls or emails?

Should still be phone calls.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Lavitz wrote:

I had a dream this morning that everyone else got JS2s today except for me (again). It's not fun.

your* posts are getting dark, homie
Last edited by helix23 on Mon May 13, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 13, 2013 12:04 pm

TripTrip wrote:
feelingood wrote:Why couldn't it be the 27th?

This is a very real possibility because it would give them a week of sorting through those who were interviewed this week.

I think KB implied it may be the week of 27th...?

I believe there were mixed reports. Some said she said it would be the end of the months, other that it will be a "few weeks" that was late April.

MyNameIsFlynn!

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 pm

feelingood wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:

Why couldn't it be the 27th?

It could. We're just pulling dates out of our asses here - eventually we're going to guess right. Some people got wording in their JS1s indicating mid-ish May / a few weeks from mid-April, which could suggest the 20th, but we've also heard late May.

Since H has already strung many of us along for 6-8 months, I guess another week one way or another doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 pm

helix23 wrote:your posts are getting dark, homie

Lol. I just report what happens.

I also dreamed that I got into Columbia (no $ though) and that Dean Geiger announced he would be retiring in Spring 2017, and that I could succeed him as Cornell's Dean of Admissions.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Another speculation quesiton: Does anyone think it's strange that this year's H WL thread is already (by mid may) as big as 2012 & 2011 threads combined? Could that mean that they've waitlisted more people than ever before? Could that mean they're using WL as a protection against deferrals? Could that mean we're all getting accepted? Is it the end of the world?

Sorry, I'm going crazy :roll:

feelingood

Postby feelingood » Mon May 13, 2013 12:29 pm

eyfl wrote:Another speculation quesiton: Does anyone think it's strange that this year's H WL thread is already (by mid may) as big as 2012 & 2011 threads combined? Could that mean that they've waitlisted more people than ever before? Could that mean they're using WL as a protection against deferrals? Could that mean we're all getting accepted? Is it the end of the world?

Or it could mean that more people are using TLS, or it could mean that a few super forum-social people are driving tangential discussions. But Personally, I like the odds of the imminent end of the world.

dawyzest1

Postby dawyzest1 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:36 pm

eyfl wrote:Another speculation quesiton: Does anyone think it's strange that this year's H WL thread is already (by mid may) as big as 2012 & 2011 threads combined? Could that mean that they've waitlisted more people than ever before? Could that mean they're using WL as a protection against deferrals? Could that mean we're all getting accepted? Is it the end of the world?

Their language is pretty clear about deferrals. They greet them "favorably" before May 1st and "case-by-case" between May 1 and June 30 and after June 30 they basically aren't having it. That's to say that they make it well known that if you want the deferral you better ask before May 1 if you want to stay in their good graces. I think they have 95% (total guess) of their deferral requests already in and approved, so yes, definitely, some WL folks will be taking deferred folks' seats.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

feelingood wrote:it could mean that a few super forum-social people are driving tangential discussions.

Well I never.

digifly

Postby digifly » Mon May 13, 2013 2:00 pm

TripTrip wrote:
feelingood wrote:it could mean that a few super forum-social people are driving tangential discussions.

Well I never.

I'd like to think it comes from the dramatic increase in smartphone usage which could lead to more TLSers being online more often.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Mon May 13, 2013 2:03 pm

digifly wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Well I never.

I'd like to think it comes from the dramatic increase in smartphone usage which could lead to more TLSers being online more often.

'til they come up with a TLS app I'm not browsing on my fucking phone. Try clicking "view your posts" on an iPhone holding it vertically.

Is this a website for ANTS ?

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 pm

I think it's because the Skype interviews give us more to discuss and speculate about. The applicants thread is also about 100 pages longer than last year's.

broadstreet11

Postby broadstreet11 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Lavitz wrote:

I think it's because the Skype interviews give us more to discuss and speculate about. The applicants thread is also about 100 pages longer than last year's.

...or we're just cooler people than last year's applicants, and we like to talk on TLS.

broadstreet11

Postby broadstreet11 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Also, quick question. Have y'all already applied for federal loans for the school you're planning to attend? How hard would it be to transfer those to Harvard if we are lucky enough to be accepted? Should I wait a little while to apply to make sure I'm either out or in at Harvard?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 pm

digifly wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Well I never.

As someone who travels for work and is currently TLSing from the airport, I can confirm.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:Also, quick question. Have y'all already applied for federal loans for the school you're planning to attend? How hard would it be to transfer those to Harvard if we are lucky enough to be accepted? Should I wait a little while to apply to make sure I'm either out or in at Harvard?

Easy, save Harvard's proprietary forms, and no.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Mon May 13, 2013 3:03 pm

TripTrip wrote:
digifly wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

Well I never.

As someone who travels for work and is currently TLSing from the airport, I can confirm.

A mandatory follow-up question: what do you do for work?

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Mon May 13, 2013 3:23 pm

eyfl wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
digifly wrote:I'd like to think it comes from the dramatic increase in smartphone usage which could lead to more TLSers being online more often.

He fires people.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Jaqen wrote:
eyfl wrote:
TripTrip wrote:As someone who travels for work and is currently TLSing from the airport, I can confirm.

He fires people.

You mad bro?

digifly

Postby digifly » Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

At what point do we officially determine that it just isn't happening today?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”