Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wert3813

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:45 am

TripTrip wrote:Guys earlier this evening I sent a girl a text asking if she wanted to go see the Great Gatsby with me and she hasn't responded yet. Should I send a LOCI?

Please tell me you didn't tell her you were home schooled....

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Thu May 09, 2013 11:51 am

Ok back to reality for one sec:

I got WLd 4/15 - and didn't catch the 4/25 wave. Is that game over? Also, is it worth sending a LOCI with emphasis on what I do outside work and about being a Bostonian?

Now back to TLS dating:

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Thu May 09, 2013 12:15 pm

dnptan wrote:Ok back to reality for one sec:

I got WLd 4/15 - and didn't catch the 4/25 wave. Is that game over? Also, is it worth sending a LOCI with emphasis on what I do outside work and about being a Bostonian?

Now back to TLS dating:

If you'd read the past two pages, these questions would be answered for you.

No one is expecting anyone to read the 40+ pages here, but if you're going to ask a question at least click back a few to see if a question has been answered.

To answer your questions:

1. No one knows, but probably not.

2. No.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm

RSterling wrote:1. No one knows.

this is the credited answer to most questions

Forumbrowser45

Postby Forumbrowser45 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:24 pm

TripTrip wrote:Guys earlier this evening I sent a girl a text asking if she wanted to go see the Great Gatsby with me and she hasn't responded yet. Should I send a LOCI?

She might be waiting to see if another guy she's more interested in will place a deposit for tickets first.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm

wert3813 wrote:

Nope. The text just said:
Will you go out with me?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] WL

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 pm

RSterling wrote:
dnptan wrote:Ok back to reality for one sec:

Now back to TLS dating:

If you'd read the past two pages, these questions would be answered for you.

No one is expecting anyone to read the 40+ pages here, but if you're going to ask a question at least click back a few to see if a question has been answered.

To answer your questions:

1. No one knows, but probably not.

2. No.

Normally I am uptight about threads not getting bogged down with people asking the same questions over and over again with utter disregard for the posts just above them and the OP (see: Eich rage in the PS sample thread), but to be fair to this person, about thirty four of the posts on the last two pages were about dating and video games. It's reached a point where I could see someone not wanting to sift through the random conversations to see if somewhere someone said something substantive to answer their particular question.

TL; DR - let's cut em a break

Also:

toothbrush wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:
Barry always has given it up so easily...

Have you seen the way Barry dresses? Desperate.

personifying law schools and pretending to court them. this is a new low for tls.

;)

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 pm

stop this right now

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:43 pm

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Thu May 09, 2013 5:51 pm

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 5:55 pm

ABORT!

--ImageRemoved--

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

mustached

Postby mustached » Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Lavitz wrote:
mustached wrote:Hey guys! I'm looking to send in a LOCI with updates and was wondering what is the view about mentioning starting a new entry-level job (think just above retail/fast food)? On one hand, it shows that you've been busy and productive with your time. On the other hand, it's nothing to brag about in itself and I wonder if it will lower your attractiveness because it's too prole-ish. ;)

I'm also thinking it would be a nice segue into mentioning some of the larger themes about law school; this job in particular exposes me to a ton of people and it is a position of arbitration.

If you were previously unemployed, then it might be worth an update. However, if you can't spin an entire LOCI out of the experience without it sounding cheesy, you may want to just send an updated resume.

Okay, good. This is good information. I'm a college professor and I just picked up the job to grab some summer money, get new experiences, and keep busy. Just wondering if it'd show initiative or be an excuse to get my app before JS's eyes to communicate interest. I guess everyone is interested in Harvard, but I'd definitely not want to lose out on an opportunity for not seeming interested. Thanks for the advice!

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

TripTrip wrote:
wert3813 wrote:

Nope. The text just said:
Will you go out with me?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] WL

Maybe you should call to let her know her status checker is broken

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 am

May 3rd:
Lavitz wrote:But I'm still counting 50 slots remaining that week, so while they don't need to fill all of them, I wouldn't be surprised if there's one more small JS1 wave on the way to fill quite a few of them. I think one time at the beginning of the cycle I counted 27 slots remaining for a week, predicted another JS1 wave and it came the next day.

Now I only count 24 slots remaining. I guess either a lot of people waited to choose their times, or they decided to close off certain timeslots. So there really may not be any more JS1s unless they conduct interviews the week of the 27th.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Fri May 10, 2013 12:12 am

Lavitz wrote:May 3rd:
Lavitz wrote:But I'm still counting 50 slots remaining that week, so while they don't need to fill all of them, I wouldn't be surprised if there's one more small JS1 wave on the way to fill quite a few of them. I think one time at the beginning of the cycle I counted 27 slots remaining for a week, predicted another JS1 wave and it came the next day.

Now I only count 24 slots remaining. I guess either a lot of people waited to choose their times, or they decided to close off certain timeslots. So there really may not be any more JS1s unless they conduct interviews the week of the 27th.

I'd imagine they were filled by JS1s as opposed to being closed off.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri May 10, 2013 12:14 am

toothbrush wrote:I'd imagine they were filled by JS1s as opposed to being closed off.

That's what I imagine too, but I didn't expect so many people to wait over a week after getting the invite to sign up. Want to cover all speculative bases.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 am

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:I'd imagine they were filled by JS1s as opposed to being closed off.

That's what I imagine too, but I didn't expect so many people to wait over a week after getting the invite to sign up. Want to cover all speculative bases.

I think that's a good point. However, the JS1 wave could have been ~100 people, no? A quarter waiting is plausible. I guess, at that rate, it's fair to say maybe they closed off interview slots (maybe only JS or KB conduct them from hereon)..

Given NYU's movement from the WL the past few days my gut says that schools are feeling the pressure to fill their class.

Anecdotally my mom was at a conference with a bunch of administrators / law professors at a TTT in the area and they said that at this point in the cycle things are worse in terms of their pool than last year. Obviously that's just 1 TTT and 1 story but I'd imagine there's a sliver of truth in that for HSCCN down.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri May 10, 2013 12:27 am

toothbrush wrote:Given NYU's movement from the WL the past few days my gut says that schools are feeling the pressure to fill their class.

Anecdotally my mom was at a conference with a bunch of administrators / law professors at a TTT in the area and they said that at this point in the cycle things are worse in terms of their pool than last year. Obviously that's just 1 TTT and 1 story but I'd imagine there's a sliver of truth in that for HSCCN down.

I think NYU usually does a WL admit wave around this time every year, but I have to say this wave seemed larger than usual. I think with that large class size, it was inevitable that they would struggle a bit this cycle.

It should be interesting to watch what happens once Harvard makes a move.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Fri May 10, 2013 1:26 am

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:Given NYU's movement from the WL the past few days my gut says that schools are feeling the pressure to fill their class.

I think NYU usually does a WL admit wave around this time every year, but I have to say this wave seemed larger than usual. I think with that large class size, it was inevitable that they would struggle a bit this cycle.

It should be interesting to watch what happens once Harvard makes a move.

If Harvard ever makes a move. Srsly, what a prude.

It's still funny, right?

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Fri May 10, 2013 11:32 am

Lavitz wrote:May 3rd:

:(

But I guess if last time you saw 27 and there was a wave, a small wave is possible. I guess it's also possible that a few JS1s went out and no one reported on TLS.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”