Harvard Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TripTrip

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 am

Guys earlier this evening I sent a girl a text asking if she wanted to go see the Great Gatsby with me and she hasn't responded yet. Should I send a LOCI?

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:19 am

TripTrip wrote:Guys earlier this evening I sent a girl a text asking if she wanted to go see the Great Gatsby with me and she hasn't responded yet. Should I send a LOCI?

Do you have any major updates? Salary increase, standards decrease, chiseled gym bod, more emotional availability?

La.Chocolate

Postby La.Chocolate » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 am

Harvard's 2013 Facebook group # is down to 490 (after subtracting the 4 administrators).
I also see that several of the 490 have opted for YLS or SLS.

While I'm sure not everyone who's been accepted to or going to HLS has joined the FB group,
it's quite good to know that the group number isn't something crazy like 700 people (which would clearly shut out hopes for the WL).

Let's keep up the hope folks!

We've already come this far! I'm sure there was a very good reason why they didn't toss us out by now.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 am

txdude45 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Guys earlier this evening I sent a girl a text asking if she wanted to go see the Great Gatsby with me and she hasn't responded yet. Should I send a LOCI?

Do you have any major updates? Salary increase, standards decrease, chiseled gym bod, more emotional availability?

give me her number and I can send her an additional LOR

digifly

Postby digifly » Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 am

helix23 wrote:
txdude45 wrote:

Remember to prep for your Skype interview. And when she asks, "why Gatsby?," you better have a good reason.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 09, 2013 12:57 am

helix23 wrote:
txdude45 wrote:

She already required two LORs from individuals who witnessed my prior relationships.

I'd also rate myself as an 8 and I think her median for past guys is a 7. Do you think this is YP?

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 am

TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:
txdude45 wrote:

She already required two LORs from individuals who witnessed my prior relationships.

I'd also rate myself as an 8 and I think her median for past guys is a 7. Do you think this is YP?

She's afraid she'll have to pay for you else you won't go with her.

Skier

Postby Skier » Thu May 09, 2013 4:35 am

TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:
txdude45 wrote:

LOL @ this exchange. If TLS had a comedy show, I could easily see this as an installment.

TripTrip, given that you are such a worthy candidate for this date, she's probably just trying to work out what scholarship to offer you. (probably between half and full ride with your stats). But even so, a LOCI can't hurt ;)

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 am

Just date Barry - that way you get a free iPad on your first date, for you to keep!

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 09, 2013 10:23 am

dnptan wrote:Just date Barry - that way you get a free iPad on your first date, for you to keep!

Barry always has given it up so easily...

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 10:30 am

LMAO I lost it at:
TripTrip wrote:

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:34 am

mickeysevenn wrote:
dnptan wrote:Just date Barry - that way you get a free iPad on your first date, for you to keep!

Have you seen the way Barry dresses? Desperate.

(This could be the best page so far TripTrip. Way to start it off strong.)
Last edited by txdude45 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am

txdude45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:

personifying law schools and pretending to court them. this is a new low for tls.

mickeysevenn

Postby mickeysevenn » Thu May 09, 2013 10:45 am

toothbrush wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:

personifying law schools and pretending to court them. this is a new low for tls.

But somehow, it feels so right!

skarman

Postby skarman » Thu May 09, 2013 10:50 am

I interviewed with KB just now and she asked me to which school I deposited. Has any of you asked the same question?

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 am

skarman wrote:I interviewed with KB just now and she asked me to which school I deposited. Has any of you asked the same question?

Yes I think it's a standard question. JS asked me as well.

MAHamlin

Postby MAHamlin » Thu May 09, 2013 11:04 am

skarman wrote:I interviewed with KB just now and she asked me to which school I deposited. Has any of you asked the same question?

Yes. JS asked me this as well. It didn't surprise me and I didn't feel weird about answering. They can't expect you to give up all your other offers to ride out their wait list. I did tell her that Harvard was the only wait list I had decided to remain on, so my decision was down to just Northwestern and Harvard. I'm hoping this helps show I'm seriously considering Harvard. I doubt, however, that there are many people who aren't seriously considering Harvard, so I'm not sure this will make much of a difference at the end of the day.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 am

MAHamlin wrote:

Yes. JS asked me this as well. It didn't surprise me and I didn't feel weird about answering. They can't expect you to give up all your other offers to ride out their wait list. I did tell her that Harvard was the only wait list I had decided to remain on, so my decision was down to just Northwestern and Harvard. I'm hoping this helps show I'm seriously considering Harvard. I doubt, however, that there are many people who aren't seriously considering Harvard, so I'm not sure this will make much of a difference at the end of the day.

To continue the creamy speculations, did she also imply when you can expect to hear back? :roll:

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 am

txdude45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:

I bet she'd give a full ride to anyone. What a slut.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 am

TripTrip wrote:I'd also rate myself as an 8

Retake.

digifly

Postby digifly » Thu May 09, 2013 11:33 am

Lavitz wrote:

Retake.

Is your name in her address book in all caps or has it gone lowercase??? Whoops, wrong thread...

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Thu May 09, 2013 11:34 am

digifly wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

Retake.

Is your name in her address book in all caps or has it gone lowercase??? Whoops, wrong thread...

Stanford would be like the worst date ever. If she doesn't like you, she'll give you the D.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:38 am

toothbrush wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
mickeysevenn wrote:

Nope, see the ding bar

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu May 09, 2013 11:39 am

dnptan wrote:
digifly wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

Retake.

Stanford would be like the worst date ever. If she doesn't like you, she'll give you the D.

Ask her hand in marriage and hear back three years later.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 am

dnptan wrote:
digifly wrote:
Lavitz wrote:

Retake.

hey - different strokes for different folks, you know.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”