Harvard Waitlist 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
toothbrush

Gold

Re: Harvard Waitlist 2013

Post by toothbrush » Mon May 06, 2013 1:59 pm

helix23 wrote:more speculation plz
Someone post the dates that are available for interview plx so I can do some crazy js2 theorycrafting

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 2:11 pm

toothbrush wrote:
Someone post the dates that are available for interview plx so I can do some crazy js2 theorycrafting
I thought you had your JS1? You should have access to the calendar yourself.

Anyway, there's still one slot available this Wednesday. (I guess this means all the other days are booked?) Then there are slots available Tuesday through Friday next week. Nothing after that, and nothing on Monday, which could mean JS2s on Monday, that Monday's all booked, or that they're just taking a break.

Anyone have a JS1 scheduled for next Monday?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Mon May 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

Anyway, there's still one slot available this Wednesday. (I guess this means all the other days are booked?) Then there are slots available Tuesday through Friday next week. Nothing after that, and nothing on Monday, which could mean JS2s on Monday, that Monday's all booked, or that they're just taking a break.

Anyone have a JS1 scheduled for next Monday?
I don't think they would do JS2s next Monday. Reasoning: some of the original (4/5) JS1 invites may have signed up for JS1 interviews during the week next week (I think it was open then). Thus, that initial group of WL-->JS1s won't be fully vetted until the week of May 20.

ETA: Though it looks like there won't be very many interviews the week of 5/13, so you could be right. They might start then.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 2:47 pm

TripTrip wrote:I don't think they would do JS2s next Monday. Reasoning: some of the original (4/5) JS1 invites may have signed up for JS1 interviews during the week next week (I think it was open then). Thus, that initial group of WL-->JS1s won't be fully vetted until the week of May 20.

ETA: Though it looks like there won't be very many interviews the week of 5/13, so you could be right. They might start then.
That's why I've been predicting they'll wait until the 20th. If they have a very large number of spots to fill, they might do just a few JS2s to get them out of the way while waiting to finish the rest of the JS1s before filling all the rest.

Again, still think it won't be until the 20th. But hey, it's Harvard. They do what they want.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:I don't think they would do JS2s next Monday. Reasoning: some of the original (4/5) JS1 invites may have signed up for JS1 interviews during the week next week (I think it was open then). Thus, that initial group of WL-->JS1s won't be fully vetted until the week of May 20.

That's why I've been predicting they'll wait until the 20th. If they have a very large number of spots to fill, they might do just a few JS2s to get them out of the way while waiting to finish the rest of the JS1s before filling all the rest.

Again, still think it won't be until the 20th. But hey, it's Harvard. They do what they want.
As long as the wave comes before my next deposit deadline at UVA I can't really complain.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Mon May 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
I try to spread out the grunt work to save myself for the more intellectual speculation. Getting ready for biglawl.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm

TripTrip wrote:As long as the wave comes before my next deposit deadline at UVA I can't really complain.
So you're sure you'd take Harvard over the $$$ at UVA? I'm probably going to have to send my second deposit to Cornell since I wouldn't be able to make the decision that quickly--and without FA info. I was really hoping they'd end this earlier in the month.
toothbrush wrote:I try to spread out the grunt work to save myself for the more intellectual speculation. Getting ready for biglawl.
I thought in biglaw, everyone else dumps the grunt work on you at first.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Mon May 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:As long as the wave comes before my next deposit deadline at UVA I can't really complain.
So you're sure you'd take Harvard over the $$$ at UVA? I'm probably going to have to send my second deposit to Cornell since I wouldn't be able to make the decision that quickly--and without FA info. I was really hoping they'd end this earlier in the month.
toothbrush wrote:I try to spread out the grunt work to save myself for the more intellectual speculation. Getting ready for biglawl.
I thought in biglaw, everyone else dumps the grunt work on you at first.
+1 on the 2nd depo at Cornell. Definitely going to eat that 400$ ( they refund 200 I believe..). Cornells second is coming up soon, too.

And yeah, but I like to pretend I'm a partner. Duh.

kfischm1

Bronze

Post by kfischm1 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:11 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:175+, 3.9+ - 1
175+, 3.8-3.9 - 2
175+, 3.7-3.8 - 3
175+, <3.7 - 2 (177/3.4 & 176/3.62)

173/4, 3.9+ - 3
173/4, 3.8-3.9 - 8
173/4, 3.7-3.8 - 1
173/4, <3.7 - 0

171/2, 3.9+ - 4
171/2, 3.8-3.9 - 7
171/2, 3.7-3.8 - 0
171/2, <3.7 - 0

170, 3.9+ - 4
170, 3.8-3.9 - 0
170, 3.7-3.8 - 0
170, <3.7 - 0

<170 - 1 (167/4.01)

These are the stats of the WL > Accepted, pulled quickly from LSN. Last two cycles, excludes URMs. While this doesn't tell us our own chances of getting in, it does give some idea of who is getting in.

ETA: On an unrelated note, I am about to send in a LOCI and would like to get some feedback. Would any of y'all be willing to take a look? (I know I'm competing with you for a seat, but I have faith you guys wont give me terriful critiques). Shoot me a PM if you're down
That 167/4.01 person was actually a 168/4.01. I checked out her LSN profile and she put the average of her scores on there. Not that it matters much, but just an FYI for anyone on here who cares.

I, however, am still going to remain optimistic as a 169/4.14/non-URM that I just may get lucky. I've had a lot better cycle than most would expect with my numbers, and while I think I have interesting softs, I attribute it a lot due to the large decline in applicants and unpredictability of this cycle. This cycle hasn't stopped surprising me, so perhaps my luck will continue. Maybe not, but at this point I'm not going to rule out anything or assume one way or the other.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 3:12 pm

toothbrush wrote:+1 on the 2nd depo at Cornell. Definitely going to eat that 400$ ( they refund 200 I believe..). Cornells second is coming up soon, too.

And yeah, but I like to pretend I'm a partner. Duh.
Yeah, they refund the $200. And it's May 24th.

Partnership gunner identified. 8)

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Lavitz wrote:
So you're sure you'd take Harvard over the $$$ at UVA?
Yeah. I knew going into the cycle that I would take Harvard over anything other than Yale, at any cost difference.

kfischm1

Bronze

Post by kfischm1 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:16 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
So you're sure you'd take Harvard over the $$$ at UVA?
Yeah. I knew going into the cycle that I would take Harvard over anything other than Yale, at any cost difference.
+1

eyfl

Bronze

Post by eyfl » Mon May 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Feels so good without any options to fall back to - at least I don't have to worry about deposits 8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 3:28 pm

TripTrip wrote:Yeah. I knew going into the cycle that I would take Harvard over anything other than Yale, at any cost difference.
Good for you. At least you'll have an easy decision.

Sadly, I can't say the same for myself. :?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Mon May 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Lavitz wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Yeah. I knew going into the cycle that I would take Harvard over anything other than Yale, at any cost difference.
Good for you. At least you'll have an easy decision.

Sadly, I can't say the same for myself. :?
Yeah, and interestingly no other school has come close to competing with UVA so even my fallback is an easy option. Lucked out there.

You are a big Cornell fan, huh? I probably would have taken Cornell over UVA at equal cost, but it would have been a harder decision.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 4:02 pm

TripTrip wrote:You are a big Cornell fan, huh? I probably would have taken Cornell over UVA at equal cost, but it would have been a harder decision.
Yes, surprisingly.

BSC

Bronze

Post by BSC » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Is it overkill to send a new LOR after your post-WL JS1? If not, send to the school, or through LSAC?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RSterling

Bronze

Post by RSterling » Mon May 06, 2013 6:15 pm

BSC wrote:Is it overkill to send a new LOR after your post-WL JS1? If not, send to the school, or through LSAC?
I'd say it's overkill. You got the JS1, which means they already like you. An extra LOR won't change anything. If you were clear in your JS1 that you would attend if admitted, then there's nothing you can do at this point except wait.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 pm

RSterling wrote:
BSC wrote:Is it overkill to send a new LOR after your post-WL JS1? If not, send to the school, or through LSAC?
I'd say it's overkill. You got the JS1, which means they already like you. An extra LOR won't change anything. If you were clear in your JS1 that you would attend if admitted, then there's nothing you can do at this point except wait.
I think it's overkill too. Especially since the "held" blog post said that additional LoRs are unnecessary.

BSC

Bronze

Post by BSC » Mon May 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Ah, I was unaware of the blog post. Thanks! And they didn't ask if I would attend if admitted...

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:39 pm

BSC wrote:Ah, I was unaware of the blog post. Thanks! And they didn't ask if I would attend if admitted...
It must have been an unspoken understanding

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Lavitz wrote:
GertrudeR wrote:Sorry I haven't really been following this thread so sorry if I missed this happening, but last I had seen no one had gotten a JS1b and we weren't sure they would do them. I just saw though that someone posted on the spreadsheet that they got a JS 1 post WL after already having one pre WL.

So they are doing JS1bs....?
I don't know, it could be an error. Out of all of us pre-WL JS1s, only one gets a JS1b?

I guess we'll never know since the person is a self-described lurker.
I'm sure nobody cares about this anymore, but I found the person on TLS. Profile says WL-->JS1 so I'm changing the spreadsheet to fix the error.

GertrudeR

New

Post by GertrudeR » Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 pm

I care and I'm sure others hoping for JS1bs do too! Thanks Lavitz!

trojandave

Bronze

Post by trojandave » Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Lavitz wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
GertrudeR wrote:Sorry I haven't really been following this thread so sorry if I missed this happening, but last I had seen no one had gotten a JS1b and we weren't sure they would do them. I just saw though that someone posted on the spreadsheet that they got a JS 1 post WL after already having one pre WL.

So they are doing JS1bs....?
I don't know, it could be an error. Out of all of us pre-WL JS1s, only one gets a JS1b?

I guess we'll never know since the person is a self-described lurker.
I'm sure nobody cares about this anymore, but I found the person on TLS. Profile says WL-->JS1 so I'm changing the spreadsheet to fix the error.
I'll never stop caring. Pinky swear

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm

GertrudeR wrote:I care and I'm sure others hoping for JS1bs do too! Thanks Lavitz!
No problem.

I don't anticipate them doing JS1bs at this point though, unless they're booking all of us for next week. They'll probably just go by the JS1.
trojandave wrote:I'll never stop caring. Pinky swear
OK.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”