Penn Waitlist 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
comeonletsgo

Bronze

Re: Penn Waitlist 2013

Post by comeonletsgo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 am

Checking in.

ED 1 --> Held --> WL

Not much hope but would be ecstatic if accepted.

dolfan17

New

Post by dolfan17 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 am

Checking in. Any chance we see some money off the waitlist?

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Last edited by guinness1547 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:Checking in.

ED 1 --> Held --> WL

Not much hope but would be ecstatic if accepted.
+1. it's been a long wait

mesadurvadc

New

Post by mesadurvadc » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 pm

From the Penn Applicants thread:
LRGhost wrote:I'm WL and visited last week. Was told they will be sending out calls for interviews during the first week or two of May, if that helps anyone.
Hopefully this will lead to some movement in this thread...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:46 pm

FYI, once you matriculate to another school (i.e. you're a summer starter), you are required to remove yourself from the Penn waitlist. I did not know this. Did you guys know this?

Greeno

New

Post by Greeno » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Checking in.

CourCour

Bronze

Post by CourCour » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:27 pm

I say a coordinated effort to dissuade people from going to PENN on the choosing a law school forum...

...just kidding.

Penn is my only waitlist. Wishing I didn't wait until late Feb to apply.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:15 pm

amsong wrote:FYI, once you matriculate to another school (i.e. you're a summer starter), you are required to remove yourself from the Penn waitlist. I did not know this. Did you guys know this?
Matriculate as in starting class or just being enrolled?
Ie: Does seat/tuition deposits count? I'm guessing not since the tuition itself hasn't been paid yet...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:02 pm

senorhosh wrote:
amsong wrote:FYI, once you matriculate to another school (i.e. you're a summer starter), you are required to remove yourself from the Penn waitlist. I did not know this. Did you guys know this?
Ie: Does seat/tuition deposits count? I'm guessing not since the tuition itself hasn't been paid yet...
No idea. The email just said matriculate. I imagine seat deposits do not count -- not sure about tuition.

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Post by CaptainLeela » Wed May 01, 2013 9:56 am

Welcome to TLS

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 am

CaptainLeela wrote:Hey Penn waitlisters! Anyone else struggling with the "2 page essay of your choice" business? Awfully open ended! I'm not sure how to approach it. Glorified LOCI? 2 page pontification on the amazingness that is Captain Leela? Rumination on eminent domain? Some random topic of interest?

I'm a bit stumped, unfortunately. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this mid-May timeframe approaches...

Edit: The character, Captain Leela; applicant/TLSer Captain Leela is not 2 pages worth of interesting and seriously not that obnoxious (yeep :oops: )
I already sent in a 2-page LOCI/Why Penn after I was held, so for the waitlist I sent them a one-page-ish email about my summer plans and about why I'm awesome even though I'm below their medians.

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am

CaptainLeela wrote:Hey Penn waitlisters! Anyone else struggling with the "2 page essay of your choice" business? Awfully open ended! I'm not sure how to approach it. Glorified LOCI? 2 page pontification on the amazingness that is Captain Leela? Rumination on eminent domain? Some random topic of interest?

I'm a bit stumped, unfortunately. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this mid-May timeframe approaches...

Edit: The character, Captain Leela; applicant/TLSer Captain Leela is not 2 pages worth of interesting and seriously not that obnoxious (yeep :oops: )
I've been dreading this as well. I'm planning on looking over the optional essays they had for the initial application and writing on one of those topics, but I didn't choose those topics from the beginning because I couldn't come up with a strong enough topic/idea so a lot of brainstorming and creative thinking is going to be needed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 03, 2013 3:38 pm

amsong wrote:
senorhosh wrote:
No idea. The email just said matriculate. I imagine seat deposits do not count -- not sure about tuition.
Which email? I'm looking at the original WL email and it doesn't say anything about that. Did you receive an email after the original WL email (or anybody else for that matter)?

Edit: i did get an email confirmation for staying on the WL but no new info

dek88

New

Post by dek88 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:11 pm

did anyone else get a call from someone in admissions (i think i spoke w/ the director of admissions) asking about your interest in penn and giving you a wait list update?

atomist

New

Post by atomist » Fri May 03, 2013 4:17 pm

dek88 wrote:did anyone else get a call from someone in admissions (i think i spoke w/ the director of admissions) asking about your interest in penn and giving you a wait list update?
Did you get a call today? Looks like admissions is already on the move.

I myself have not received a call.

dek88

New

Post by dek88 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 pm

atomist wrote:
dek88 wrote:did anyone else get a call from someone in admissions (i think i spoke w/ the director of admissions) asking about your interest in penn and giving you a wait list update?
Did you get a call today? Looks like admissions is already on the move.

I myself have not received a call.
yeah i got a call today asking about whether i was still interested, where i was currently deposited, etc. she said they are still getting deposits trickling in so they don't know for sure if/how many seat will be open, but they assume that this year, like others, they will be admitting some people off the WL and will be reviewing people next week. she told me to think about it/talk with family and call back on monday to let her know if i was still interested (even though i said like 5 times i was). not sure how many people they're doing that for. trying not to get my hopes up

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm

That's a good sign imo. If you don't mind, can you share with us any news they had ? Thanks

Edit: just saw your post. Thanks
Last edited by senorhosh on Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri May 03, 2013 9:14 pm

senorhosh wrote:
amsong wrote:
senorhosh wrote:
Which email? I'm looking at the original WL email and it doesn't say anything about that. Did you receive an email after the original WL email (or anybody else for that matter)?

Separate email. The original emails say nothing about it.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 pm

amsong wrote:
senorhosh wrote: Which email? I'm looking at the original WL email and it doesn't say anything about that. Did you receive an email after the original WL email (or anybody else for that matter)?

Oh. Hm. Did everybody else get this email too?

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

senorhosh wrote:
amsong wrote:
senorhosh wrote: Which email? I'm looking at the original WL email and it doesn't say anything about that. Did you receive an email after the original WL email (or anybody else for that matter)?

Oh. Hm. Did everybody else get this email too?
No.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dek88

New

Post by dek88 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 am

anyone hear anything at all from Penn yet??

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 am

dek88 wrote:anyone hear anything at all from Penn yet??
Doesn't seem like it. Based on last year and the year before, next week is probably earliest

GeneralMuffin

New

Post by GeneralMuffin » Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Does anyone know Penn's policy towards deferring after being accepted off the waitlist? I couldn't find anything about it their website.

dek88

New

Post by dek88 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 pm

GeneralMuffin wrote:Does anyone know Penn's policy towards deferring after being accepted off the waitlist? I couldn't find anything about it their website.
i couldn't find anything either, but pretty much every school's policy is that you can't defer if you're accepted off the WL. i would assume penn has the same policy

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”