Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
emaliefaythe
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby emaliefaythe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:18 pm

How is everyone feeling? Hopeful for movement today? I am praying for a miracle....

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

emaliefaythe wrote:How is everyone feeling? Hopeful for movement today? I am praying for a miracle....


I feel like crap! Hoping for some kind of admission miracle, but with every day it seemingly gets less likely.

Now I have to decide: start studying to retake the LSAT and reapply next year, or go to a much lower ranked school this year. Not feeling the other school but not accepted to a T-14 yet! So... Resign apt lease, or start packing? Ah!

Anyone else in similar spot?

emaliefaythe
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby emaliefaythe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:37 pm

In the exact same boat.... What are you leaning toward??

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Clearly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 pm

You should retake! Don't sell yourselves short!

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby mac35352 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Letzgo1Gen wrote:
emaliefaythe wrote:How is everyone feeling? Hopeful for movement today? I am praying for a miracle....


I feel like crap! Hoping for some kind of admission miracle, but with every day it seemingly gets less likely.

Now I have to decide: start studying to retake the LSAT and reapply next year, or go to a much lower ranked school this year. Not feeling the other school but not accepted to a T-14 yet! So... Resign apt lease, or start packing? Ah!

Anyone else in similar spot?

Very similar spot.

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Good to know I'm not alone!!! I think I will retake. I just don't want to go to a much lower ranked school with the job market the way it is. It's not worth it to me (I think- the thought of retaking makes me want to kill someone).

Doesn't look like any decisions today. You never know, it could still pull through for some of us, once NU has retained their median 170. Especially with some good WE and a competitive GPA. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Has anyone heard anything?

dstars823
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby dstars823 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:28 pm

i know a guy who just made a last minute switch from NU to Duke so that may open up a slot

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Waitlist admits forthcoming! Not holding my breath after like 1,000 false alarms by now...

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:59 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:Waitlist admits forthcoming! Not holding my breath after like 1,000 false alarms by now...


+1

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby mehh » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Letzgo1Gen wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:Waitlist admits forthcoming! Not holding my breath after like 1,000 false alarms by now...


+1



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm

wowowow

my intelligent input for the day

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Anything?

Of course a non-TSLer would get in.

Curse you universe.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Letzgo1Gen wrote:Anything?

Of course a non-TSLer would get in.

Curse you universe.


Are they done for the day? Hmm.

User avatar
Magnalum
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Magnalum » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:02 pm

.
Last edited by Magnalum on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby VeeD101 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:27 am

I got admitted on Friday. 169/3.7

eta: could have been thursday. I am in a different timezone with limited internet access so I read the email on friday.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby fivestarfolds » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Did anyone else receive that letter from the admissions committee asking for a final LOCI? I'm curious to know how many of us are left.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Did anyone else receive that letter from the admissions committee asking for a final LOCI? I'm curious to know how many of us are left.


I'm also curious. I really hope there are just a few holdouts and they'll come crawling to us the day before orientation (or sooner)!

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:04 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
fivestarfolds wrote:Did anyone else receive that letter from the admissions committee asking for a final LOCI? I'm curious to know how many of us are left.


I'm also curious. I really hope there are just a few holdouts and they'll come crawling to us the day before orientation (or sooner)!


+1

User avatar
Gene Parmesan
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Gene Parmesan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Got the email as well. NU is still my top choice. If we do get admitted, do you guys know the process of transferring loans over, etc...? I already filed my loan applications for other schools, and submitted a housing deposit (although, it's university housing which I think will be easier to cancel than a private lease). Good luck everyone!

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby mac35352 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I got the email. I just moved to Chicago for a job so if I get in it wouldn't be inconvenient at all! Fingers crossed

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby jdmonkey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Did anyone not receive the letter?

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 am

Got the email as well. I sent a pretty thorough LOCI this summer though. I don't want to repeat myself, but my reasons for wanting to attend haven't changed. Anyone else in a similar situation?

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby fivestarfolds » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:22 pm

I have to say, emails to and from Ms. Gapasin are a lot mor pleasant than anyone else I've ever dealt with in the law school admissions process

Anyone else agree?

Letzgo1Gen
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Northwestern Waitlisted c/o 2016

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:32 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:Got the email as well. I sent a pretty thorough LOCI this summer though. I don't want to repeat myself, but my reasons for wanting to attend haven't changed. Anyone else in a similar situation?


Yep. I sent one when I was one hold, sent one of the two supplementary essays, and sent LOCI#2 when I was officially waitlisted. So this is LOCI#3!

Called out of work today to take some time and figure out some innovative new things to say. I'm 3 coffees in and posting on this board so... I'd say it's going great!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, arthrod, AZnative, BigZuck, Bing [Bot], chasima, jprath2, jtn123, Kopetz, notausername, StopLawying, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., ThorB, Tomthecat and 40 guests