Acceptance / Wait List Advice..

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mikeiso125

Acceptance / Wait List Advice..

Postby mikeiso125 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 am

Hey everyone.. First time posting here, but I've always read threads was looking for some advice. I'm currently wait listed at 3 of my top choices (Georgetown, GW, Fordham). However, I've gotten a full scholarship to St. Johns in NY, Catholic U in DC, and I'm waiting on Brooklyn Law. I'm also accepted at American U (DC) and Cardozo, albeit with no scholarship help. I was wondering input on both denying a full scholarship, and hoping for the best on the wait list at the 3 schools. From what I understand GW seems to admit the most students off the wait list, but that could be just hearsay... Anyway, any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TripTrip

Re: Acceptance / Wait List Advice..

Postby TripTrip » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:50 am

mikeiso125 wrote:Hey everyone.. First time posting here, but I've always read threads was looking for some advice. I'm currently wait listed at 3 of my top choices (Georgetown, GW, Fordham). However, I've gotten a full scholarship to St. Johns in NY, Catholic U in DC, and I'm waiting on Brooklyn Law. I'm also accepted at American U (DC) and Cardozo, albeit with no scholarship help. I was wondering input on both denying a full scholarship, and hoping for the best on the wait list at the 3 schools. From what I understand GW seems to admit the most students off the wait list, but that could be just hearsay... Anyway, any advice or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Forget Catholic U. They're in a terrible place (DC) and they have employment prospects that are even worse. Only 1/3 of graduates have full-time legal jobs. It's not financially worth spending three years at, even on a full ride. St. Johns gives you a 50% chance at a legal job, and a 1/3 shot at having no job at all. (That other 1/6 have non-legal jobs.)

Be careful on the waitlists. Sticker at your top choices is generally inadvisable.

porch

Re: Acceptance / Wait List Advice..

Postby porch » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Don't go to St. John's. their stip is bullshit

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”