Waitlisted at TEXAS c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thatdude222

New

Re: Waitlisted at TEXAS c/o 2016

Post by thatdude222 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Reaperofcards123 wrote:
bluegreen wrote:Email sent out to many waitlisted peeps today saying they're good with numbers based on deposits, pretty much saying you can wait if you want but they're full.

Yeah not exactly the good news I was hoping for. I think it just an automated monthly update though since it was sent on June 1st which is a Saturday and most admissions offices are closed on Saturdays. Unless they decided to come in just to send the email. I dont think thats likely though.
I definitely think it was an automated message... because I just got a call this morning and am IN!!!!

For everyone else waiting... in the words of Jesse Jackson "Keep Hope Alive!" lol. It's been a crazy cycle... I was denied, offered a waitlisted spot, and then finally accepted over the course of 6 months.

Cylonhunter

New

Post by Cylonhunter » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:39 pm

thatdude222 wrote:
Reaperofcards123 wrote:
bluegreen wrote:Email sent out to many waitlisted peeps today saying they're good with numbers based on deposits, pretty much saying you can wait if you want but they're full.

Yeah not exactly the good news I was hoping for. I think it just an automated monthly update though since it was sent on June 1st which is a Saturday and most admissions offices are closed on Saturdays. Unless they decided to come in just to send the email. I dont think thats likely though.
I definitely think it was an automated message... because I just got a call this morning and am IN!!!!

For everyone else waiting... in the words of Jesse Jackson "Keep Hope Alive!" lol. It's been a crazy cycle... I was denied, offered a waitlisted spot, and then finally accepted over the course of 6 months.
Awesome!!! Congrats!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

thatdude222 wrote:
Reaperofcards123 wrote:

Super crazy, but AMAZING!! Congrats! Are you joining us?? :D :D :D

thatdude222

New

Post by thatdude222 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks y'all.

And yes, without a doubt I will be joining... Texas has been my first choice for three years now lol. I sat out two cycles to get work experience and re-took the LSAT in hopes of finally getting in this time around. I'll be there.

law2law

New

Post by law2law » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm

thatdude222 wrote:Thanks y'all.

And yes, without a doubt I will be joining... Texas has been my first choice for three years now lol. I sat out two cycles to get work experience and re-took the LSAT in hopes of finally getting in this time around. I'll be there.
wow! congratulations! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scd001

New

Post by scd001 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Don't know about anyone else but I'm losing faith!

omgreally

New

Post by omgreally » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Traditionally, does UT ding people intermittently from the Waitlist as the summer months roll on, or do they just ignore everybody until orientation day, at which point you just infer that you've been dinged?

scd001

New

Post by scd001 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 am

omgreally wrote:Traditionally, does UT ding people intermittently from the Waitlist as the summer months roll on, or do they just ignore everybody until orientation day, at which point you just infer that you've been dinged?
Based on the forums from previous years, it appears as though UT will send an email in late July releasing all out-of-staters. Then, everyone else will get an email around orientation time saying the waitlist is disbanded.

VnshngAge

New

Post by VnshngAge » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Withdrawing. It was a tough choice. Now there's an open spot kiddos (and with $$). Take it!

Best of luck TLSers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:09 pm

VnshngAge wrote:Withdrawing. It was a tough choice. Now there's an open spot kiddos (and with $$). Take it!

Best of luck TLSers.
THANK YOU. And dibs.

tore_more

New

Post by tore_more » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Still waiting... Got the automated email again yesterday on July 1. Are there any other deadlines coming up that could affect waitlist movement? What's the latest with you guys?

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:25 am

tore_more wrote:Still waiting... Got the automated email again yesterday on July 1. Are there any other deadlines coming up that could affect waitlist movement? What's the latest with you guys?
Also got it. Will be riding this thing until orientation.

omgreally

New

Post by omgreally » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Does anyone know when orientation actually is?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Hey all,

Waitlist was just closed for non-residents, and resident waitlist will close in the next week or so.

heyman86us

New

Post by heyman86us » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 pm

In!!

Admitted off the waitlist on this Monday, August 19th.

UT Law has been my first choice, and I am attending this fall!

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm

heyman86us wrote:In!!

Congrats and welcome to the class!

heyman86us

New

Post by heyman86us » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:55 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
heyman86us wrote:In!!

Congrats and welcome to the class!
Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting TLSers!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

omgreally

New

Post by omgreally » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 pm

In off the Waitlist today! Will be attending.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”