Held at Northwestern 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inconceivable!

Re: Held at Northwestern 2016

Postby Inconceivable! » Wed May 08, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't think so...my prediction is there will be a wave of WL/Denies on Friday evening.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Wed May 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:I don't think so...my prediction is there will be a wave of WL/Denies on Friday evening.

Yeah but let's not think like that. I'm deluding myself into believing there will be acceptances today and on Thursday evening.

onmyway

Postby onmyway » Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 pm

@DaRascal

+1!!!!

pammie0415

Postby pammie0415 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:20 pm

DaRascal wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:I don't think so...my prediction is there will be a wave of WL/Denies on Friday evening.

Yeah but let's not think like that. I'm deluding myself into believing there will be acceptances today and on Thursday evening.

+1

I believe!

Inconceivable!

Postby Inconceivable! » Wed May 08, 2013 8:32 pm

pammie0415 wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

+1

I believe!

I don't have time for this waiting, I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

omegaomega

Postby omegaomega » Thu May 09, 2013 3:24 am

Are decisions handed on one after another or in batches?

It's really not a good sign that I have not made it in the first batch. T_T

Purplebook

Postby Purplebook » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 am

bananasplit19 wrote:IN! Just got the e-mail! Tiger Woods fist pump! First TLS hold->admit!

Super-de-duper splitter (170+, sub-3.0), but with 5 years of WE, most of it legal.

Awesome! I can't even be jealous of you properly because of how much you deserve this. :lol:

KremeCheez

Postby KremeCheez » Thu May 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Having a dancing banana in class is going to be very distracting. Well...for me at least...

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

KremeCheez wrote:Having a dancing banana in class is going to be very distracting. Well...for me at least...

ImageImageImage

ETA: Still celebrating, but am committing most of my good vibes to y'all in the hope that more good news is on the way from the almighty Johann before the weekend.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri May 10, 2013 12:53 am

omegaomega wrote:Are decisions handed on one after another or in batches?

Uh oh... any chance for good news tomorrow or are we basically screwed? :?

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 am

DaRascal wrote:

IMO I think MAJORITY of us will be WLed tmw afternoon. But I think there will probably be a smaller group admitted before.

I think your best bet is to catch Johann on his way to his car...

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Fri May 10, 2013 1:16 am

senorhosh wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

IMO I think MAJORITY of us will be WLed tmw afternoon. But I think there will probably be a smaller group admitted before.

I think your best bet is to catch Johann on his way to his car...

Senorhosh are you still following people to their cars?
nickel to whoever gets that reference

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Fri May 10, 2013 5:50 am

Not trying to stir the pot, but I called admissions during the time they asked the hold applicants to call in our hold letters (Wednesday afternoon I believe). I asked when they thought they would have a decision for the holds. I was told by the end of the month. I then asked if the hold was a wait list and they said no. So I'm not holding my breath on hearing anything today. Not like Cornell where they promised to let everybody know by the end of the day on 4/30, and I couldn't stop refreshing my status checker.

suzige

Postby suzige » Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 pm

jdmonkey wrote:Not trying to stir the pot, but I called admissions during the time they asked the hold applicants to call in our hold letters (Wednesday afternoon I believe). I asked when they thought they would have a decision for the holds. I was told by the end of the month. I then asked if the hold was a wait list and they said no. So I'm not holding my breath on hearing anything today. Not like Cornell where they promised to let everybody know by the end of the day on 4/30, and I couldn't stop refreshing my status checker.

I seriously hope they do not wait that long to let us know. It's getting ridiculous.

JSizzle89

Postby JSizzle89 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:37 pm

suzige wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:Not trying to stir the pot, but I called admissions during the time they asked the hold applicants to call in our hold letters (Wednesday afternoon I believe). I asked when they thought they would have a decision for the holds. I was told by the end of the month. I then asked if the hold was a wait list and they said no. So I'm not holding my breath on hearing anything today. Not like Cornell where they promised to let everybody know by the end of the day on 4/30, and I couldn't stop refreshing my status checker.

I seriously hope they do not wait that long to let us know. It's getting ridiculous.

+1

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Fri May 10, 2013 4:37 pm

suzige wrote:

Yeah despite what admissions says this feel like a wait list.

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 pm

If I do not hear back today, I may just withdraw.

I love NW and really do want to go there. But, I was accepted and have deposited at another (slightly higher ranked) school. I really just want to put my deposit down on an apartment and fully commit to a school without NW lingering over my head.

suzige

Postby suzige » Fri May 10, 2013 4:58 pm

jdmonkey wrote:
suzige wrote:

Yeah despite what admissions says this feel like a wait list.

For sure. Other schools are making offers off of their waitlist already.

suzige

Postby suzige » Fri May 10, 2013 5:05 pm

nsideirish wrote:If I do not hear back today, I may just withdraw.

I love NW and really do want to go there. But, I was accepted and have deposited at another (slightly higher ranked) school. I really just want to put my deposit down on an apartment and fully commit to a school without NW lingering over my head.

I wouldn't blame you. NW is the only school that has left me hanging like this. Another school high on my list just accepted me off of their wait list. Now, I'm struggling to decide if I want to play the deposit/withdraw game with schools bc, quite frankly, I also just want to commit and be done with it in terms of apartments, etc. If I get accepted to NW, I will for sure go there. I just wish they would say yay or nay already :(

Letzgo1Gen

Postby Letzgo1Gen » Fri May 10, 2013 5:22 pm

This is crazy! I couldn't want this anymore but the waiting and near anxiety attack everytime my phone buzzes with an email has me a bit on edge. I wonder what percentage off the wait list even get in???

Good luck to all!!! T- 40 mins before its 5pm in Chicago!

emaliefaythe

Postby emaliefaythe » Fri May 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Part of me feels like they are just going to waitlist us all. And then there will be more waiting, because really after all this time, I would almost feel lonely without the anxiety.

All at once I feel like if that is what they were going to do, they would have done it forever ago, because how hard would it be to pump that out? And that gives me hope. Which is a dangerous dangerous thing.

Northwestern is my first choice, hands down, but I did deposit at another school and have started to tell people that is where I will be living come September. So. Yeah. It’d be really nice to know.

suzige

Postby suzige » Fri May 10, 2013 5:29 pm

emaliefaythe wrote:Part of me feels like they are just going to waitlist us all. And then there will be more waiting, because really after all this time, I would almost feel lonely without the anxiety.

All at once I feel like if that is what they were going to do, they would have done it forever ago, because how hard would it be to pump that out? And that gives me hope. Which is a dangerous dangerous thing.

Northwestern is my first choice, hands down, but I did deposit at another school and have started to tell people that is where I will be living come September. So. Yeah. It’d be really nice to know.

Same here.

Magnalum

Postby Magnalum » Fri May 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Last edited by Magnalum on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emaliefaythe

Postby emaliefaythe » Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Agreed. I want to be able to tell people where I am going with 100% certainty. Realistically, I think I will wait it out all summer.[/quote]

+1

nsideirish

Postby nsideirish » Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

emaliefaythe wrote:Part of me feels like they are just going to waitlist us all. And then there will be more waiting, because really after all this time, I would almost feel lonely without the anxiety.

haha..yeah, it gets annoying with people asking where I'll be next year and trying to explain the whole deposit deadline/being on "hold"/etc. and never really giving an exact answer.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”