How could they possibly know who we are?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: How could they possibly know who we are?

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Everytime this thread gets a new post I cry a little thinking TLS is why I'm not gonna get into WUSTL.

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:15 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Everytime this thread gets a new post I cry a little thinking TLS is why I'm not gonna get into WUSTL.

Your posting career could only help you, dude.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:19 pm

shntn wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Everytime this thread gets a new post I cry a little thinking TLS is why I'm not gonna get into WUSTL.

Your posting career could only help you, dude.

I'm worried about my brief posts about getting people to withdraw. They were obviously tongue-in-cheek but I dunno....

drinion

Postby drinion » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:38 pm

I wonder what kind of reaction this thread's getting from the adcoms. It'd be interesting to get cc'ed on one of those emails.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:43 pm

drinion wrote:I wonder what kind of reaction this thread's getting from the adcoms. It'd be interesting to get cc'ed on one of those emails.

I intentionally called out a member of UChicago faculty on TLS. I kinda hope he sees it. Other than that I've got nothing but love for the schools I would like to go to and it's shown here.
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Meh. I had a little "Oh crap" moment when I found out that I'd been discovered here by an adcomm (see Mike Spivey's thread for details), but after reviewing my posts I wasn't too worried. I was a little heavy on the profanity, which I should probably try to clean up IRL anyway, but I don't think I've been super disrespectful toward any of the schools I'm applying to or anything like that. Now I figure the worst that happens is they see a) my other offers, which is fine by me--I'm telling them about a couple anyway for negotiation purposes, so it doesn't hurt if they see all of them, and b) what I'm thinking about their offer, which, as long as I'm not a jerk, should be pretty obvious by my negotiation emails and other offers anyway. After all, it's not like ASU is going to be surprised by me saying "I have this offer from U of A and this one from Colorado and I'm going to try to get more from ASU" when they got my initial negotiation email a couple days earlier.

That said, I'll probably refrain from certain details--e.g. I won't be posting info regarding how my negotiations are going until I'm totally done with all of them, beyond a post saying something like "attempting to negotiate now." And I do keep stuff like my Facebook profile locked down, since that's the personal rather than the professional/academic realm. But as long as you're not a total jerk on here or badmouthing schools or something, I wouldn't worry about it.

Antrim

Postby Antrim » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Haven't read any of this thread, but has Waterman made an alt yet convincing everyone he's an anonymous adcomm to scare the shit out of everyone?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Antrim wrote:Haven't read any of this thread, but has Waterman made an alt yet convincing everyone he's an anonymous adcomm to scare the shit out of everyone?

It'd have to be Mal wouldn't it? Dude is master troll.

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I know I mentioned this in an earlier post, but am I the only who finds behavior like that kind of reckless on their part? It almost sounds like a witch hunt, and you can never be 100% sure who a poster is (as evidenced by the fact that the admissions person was wrong in the above anecdote.) If they actually let unverified information influence their decision making process, that would be pretty unprofessional.

+1

mls

Postby mls » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 pm

I think of greater concern would be that you gain a reputation for being whiney/arrogant/dumb/etc. that lasts after you enter law school. And, I would extend that concern beyond just adcomms. I agree that it is unlikely that any school makes a decision based on what you post on TLS. I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that the opinion other students or lawyers or adcomms have of you could be influenced by what you say on TLS if they connect your account to who you are in real life.

Antrim

Postby Antrim » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Antrim wrote:Haven't read any of this thread, but has Waterman made an alt yet convincing everyone he's an anonymous adcomm to scare the shit out of everyone?

It'd have to be Mal wouldn't it? Dude is master troll.

Very true. Bieber in his heyday though did some impressive long games. It was magic.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”