Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zz888

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby zz888 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:40 am

That guy definitely should have gotten in the first time around....

stone_fox

Postby stone_fox » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 am

zz888 wrote:That guy definitely should have gotten in the first time around....

Seriously. If that's the type of LSAT they're going for I'm toast.

vinnnyvincenzo

Postby vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

I withdrew from the PWL a few days ago so hopefully that leaves less competition for all you other waiters.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 pm

stone_fox wrote:

My guess is that maybe that person has some c&f issues - why else would he/she have been waitlisted everywhere? those numbers are WAY too strong for that. It seems like gtown really wants 168/169 lsats, from those getting in off the waitlist. Things aren't finished yet!

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:00 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
stone_fox wrote:

My guess is that maybe that person has some c&f issues - why else would he/she have been waitlisted everywhere? those numbers are WAY too strong for that. It seems like gtown really wants 168/169 lsats, from those getting in off the waitlist. Things aren't finished yet!

Yes, although all we have is the small number of data points (LSN), Gtown seems to be aiming for 168.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:01 pm

vinnnyvincenzo wrote:I withdrew from the PWL a few days ago so hopefully that leaves less competition for all you other waiters.

Thank you! Where are you headed?

chadbrochill

Postby chadbrochill » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Last edited by chadbrochill on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Hey all, it seems I've been found!

I was admitted yesterday, couldn't be more thrilled :). I was on priority waitlist, received the waitlist update email Monday and immediately replied back. Got a feeler call around 9 am PST saying expect good news, and accepted via email a few hours later. They are giving me until 6/17 to deposit and its $1200.

Going 5-6 months without any acceptances was really hard on me, and obviously forced me to be very introspective about my weaknesses. Only schools for sure can know what is going on, but I will say it isn't C&F.

Anyways, there is still hope guys! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Congrats! When I first learned of your acceptance on LSN, I immediately thought of your avatar (I definitely spend too much time on TLS :lol: )

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I was admitted yesterday, couldn't be more thrilled :). I was on priority waitlist, received the waitlist update email Monday and immediately replied back. Got a feeler call around 9 am PST saying expect good news, and accepted via email a few hours later. They are giving me until 6/17 to deposit and its $1200.

Going 5-6 months without any acceptances was really hard on me, and obviously forced me to be very introspective about my weaknesses. Only schools for sure can know what is going on, but I will say it isn't C&F.

Gah so sorry that your cycle has been so crazy!!! congrats on gtown though! I have faith that other schools are going to beg you to come soon, too =)

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:

Gah so sorry that your cycle has been so crazy!!! congrats on gtown though! I have faith that other schools are going to beg you to come soon, too =)

This :D

stone_fox

Postby stone_fox » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:17 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:

Agreed. Congrats on getting in!!

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Congrats! GULC was definitely the most badass school I visited. I met two peeps who were working in national security law, I felt like a total civilian nub next to their security clearances.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Might as well update you guys. I was accepted from the waitlist with the first batch of people. I got nothing for scholarship money and ended up withdrawing. About a week later they asked if I would attend if they could offer me scholarship money. I was honest and told them what it would take for me to attend (which was an offer similar to those i had from USC/UCLA). They got back to me today saying they would be unable to match the offer competitively due to lack of funding. So, those of you on the waitlist may in fact have a shot at getting money off the waitlist. Just don't be too honest with out much it would take for you to attend, or you wont see a penny :P. With that said, good luck to all of you waiting.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Dmini7 wrote:Might as well update you guys. I was accepted from the waitlist with the first batch of people. I got nothing for scholarship money and ended up withdrawing. About a week later they asked if I would attend if they could offer me scholarship money. I was honest and told them what it would take for me to attend (which was an offer similar to those i had from USC/UCLA). They got back to me today saying they would be unable to match the offer competitively due to lack of funding. So, those of you on the waitlist may in fact have a shot at getting money off the waitlist. Just don't be too honest with out much it would take for you to attend, or you wont see a penny :P. With that said, good luck to all of you waiting.

Thank you! Congrats on UCLA/USC!

lawschoolhopeful16

Postby lawschoolhopeful16 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am

I wish you only the best at UCLA/USC!

On a separate yet related note, I'm surprised the Admissions office works on Saturdays... don't they take a break?

Also, does anyone know whether the wait list is ranked? I keep receiving hopeful messages from Georgetown, but have not been accepted. The whole exercise of sending me vague but slightly optimistic messages seem rather perverse if I ultimately won't be tapped from the wait list. I mean, why bother with it all? I assume many of us are in the same boat in this regard.

JuniperCreekEsq

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:15 am

lawschoolhopeful16 wrote:I wish you only the best at UCLA/USC!

On a separate yet related note, I'm surprised the Admissions office works on Saturdays... don't they take a break?

Also, does anyone know whether the wait list is ranked? I keep receiving hopeful messages from Georgetown, but have not been accepted. The whole exercise of sending me vague but slightly optimistic messages seem rather perverse if I ultimately won't be tapped from the wait list. I mean, why bother with it all? I assume many of us are in the same boat in this regard.

There are (were, at this point?) three waitlists. They are distinguished by rank.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:27 am

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:

There are (were, at this point?) three waitlists. They are distinguished by rank.

Yeah, there were three at least... but it looks like there are only two at this point?

lawschoolhopeful16

Postby lawschoolhopeful16 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 am

I don't think the original three necessarily apply at this point. I was on the regular wait list but received several messages that those on the higher wait lists did not.

jdmonkey

Postby jdmonkey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:58 am

Not ranked. See below.

Applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are among those we would like to include in our first year class. These applicants have the strongest credentials of all waiting list candidates and, as a result, receive priority consideration if spaces become available. Offers of admission to waiting list candidates may be made up until registration day in August.

Although the number varies from year to year, typically fifty spaces open for waiting list candidates, some as late as registration day. Should a decision to admit you be made earlier, however, we will contact you right away. Please be advised that applicants on the Preferred Waiting List are not ranked.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:12 pm

lawschoolhopeful16 wrote:I don't think the original three necessarily apply at this point. I was on the regular wait list but received several messages that those on the higher wait lists did not.

Yes, and some on preferred wait list were released last week :(

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:54 pm

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:

At this point, I have no idea what the deal is with the different waitlists. I thought I was on the "regular" list but then got some emails the others on the higher lists got, including the one last week asking for another loci so they can "gauge my interest." No idea what any of it means...

lawschoolhopeful16

Postby lawschoolhopeful16 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:11 pm

My best guess is that most (if not all) of us will continue to sit on the wait list, and will eventually receive a rejection message thanking us for applying. As much as I'd love to be admitted (a dream, in fact), I highly doubt that I'll ever see this outcome. I'm trying to remain optimistic and hopeful, but honestly, each passing day that brings no--good--news from Georgetown only plays to my cynicism. I only wish that the Admissions office were more forthright, rather than sending promissory but ultimately fruitless messages.

shaker2016

Postby shaker2016 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:21 pm

[quote="lawschoolhopeful16"]My best guess is that most (if not all) of us will continue to sit on the wait list, and will eventually receive a rejection message thanking us for applying. quote]

This is what happens with every waitlist though. It's a statistical fact. Most folks don't get pulled off it. Not anything to be depressed for very long about though. If you begin to feel sorry for yourself, think about it from the perspective of someone who's seen nothing but rejections the past six months. Remember 150 is the average LSAT score for the whole country. Georgetown typically doesn't entertain below 160. Most people would kill to be considered admit worthy enough to be on Gtown's waitlist.

And btw...this shit ain't over. We got a long summer ahead...

JuniperCreekEsq

Postby JuniperCreekEsq » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

shaker2016 wrote:
lawschoolhopeful16 wrote:My best guess is that most (if not all) of us will continue to sit on the wait list, and will eventually receive a rejection message thanking us for applying. quote]

This is what happens with every waitlist though. It's a statistical fact. Most folks don't get pulled off it. Not anything to be depressed for very long about though. If you begin to feel sorry for yourself, think about it from the perspective of someone who's seen nothing but rejections the past six months. Remember 150 is the average LSAT score for the whole country. Georgetown typically doesn't entertain below 160. Most people would kill to be considered admit worthy enough to be on Gtown's waitlist.

And btw...this shit ain't over. We got a long summer ahead...

Snaps, brah. Shiz was deep.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Just got a call from the admissions office to gauge my interest in attending if I'm accepted off the waitlist. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but man that would be cool...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”