Georgetown Waitlist 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
striveseekfind

New

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Post by striveseekfind » Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm

blueruditio wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:
WDH wrote:
striveseekfind wrote:Does anyone know if the status checker "USA" rule applies at this stage? My address was just reformatted and the country of citizenship posted (which it hadn't been before). I read that this was generally a good sign pre-waitlist, but I don't know if it's something they might be doing for many WL applicants as they review their apps or what.

Trying, and failing, to keep a level head about this.
Same. Just updated today.
+1 but I couldn't tell ya when it updated because I haven't bothered checking the status checker since being waitlisted. How bad does it look if I say I will attend, and then decide not to if my need based isn't enough for me to afford it?
Mine updated today (or in the past week).
My status date flipped to 5/3 when the change was made, so that may give you a hint.

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kckool7

Bronze

Post by kckool7 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Trying not to get my hopes up... :oops:

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:31 pm

striveseekfind wrote: My status date flipped to 5/3 when the change was made, so that may give you a hint.

You are absolutely right. I should have looked at that. Mine is 5/3 also.

blueruditio

New

Post by blueruditio » Fri May 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
striveseekfind wrote: My status date flipped to 5/3 when the change was made, so that may give you a hint.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:17 am

blueruditio wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:

Did your country of citizenship update too? Mine changed along with the complete date, typically that's been a good sign right?

striveseekfind

New

Post by striveseekfind » Sat May 04, 2013 11:18 am

Psib337 wrote:
blueruditio wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:

Did your country of citizenship update too? Mine changed along with the complete date, typically that's been a good sign right?
Yep! Country changed to USA, address was slightly reformatted, and status date changed to 5/3 all at once.

Looking through the forums, I can't find any instances in which that happened and was not followed up by an offer of admission. But I wouldn't swear that the same pattern holds for the waitlist phase, so cautious optimism it is!

totoro

Bronze

Post by totoro » Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 am

Congrats guys!! Just to put in a tad of optimism for the rest of us, I did some stalking and it seems like most of the people with the 5/3 are URM (so, hopefully they still have other spaces to fill)

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Congrats! All the evidence points to that the USA update means an acceptance :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

radar714

Bronze

Post by radar714 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 pm

WDH wrote:
atomist wrote:
WDH wrote:I got it and I am on the preferred waitlist. Not the SPECIAL preferred waitlist though.
WDH, did you send in a LOCI or otherwise express firm interest in GULC after being wait listed?
Yes, I sent in a LOCI about 2 weeks after being waitlisted, and then visited about a few weeks after that.
I did the same and didn't get the email (i'm on PWL)

stone_fox

New

Post by stone_fox » Sat May 04, 2013 1:57 pm

radar714 wrote: I did the same and didn't get the email (i'm on PWL)
+1

kckool7

Bronze

Post by kckool7 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Program type changed from "both" to "full-time" today. Anybody else? I have very "meh" numbers for GULC, but they're my first choice and I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high. :|

nimo

New

Post by nimo » Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 am

Just withdrew. GL to all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RetakeFrenzy

Silver

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Sun May 05, 2013 9:02 am

nimo wrote:Just withdrew. GL to all!
Thanks a lot!

FromDCtoWhere

New

Post by FromDCtoWhere » Sun May 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm on the PWL, received the e-mail 2 weeks ago and responded. My status updated on 5/3, country of citizenship registered, and address reformatted.
Also-- I received another e-mail on Friday asking about my interest and requesting that I respond asap.
Anyone else in a similar boat?
Good luck to everyone who got the 5/3 status change, I'm hoping this means good news for all of us!! Hoya Saxa :D

striveseekfind

New

Post by striveseekfind » Sun May 05, 2013 1:45 pm

FromDCtoWhere wrote:I'm on the PWL, received the e-mail 2 weeks ago and responded. My status updated on 5/3, country of citizenship registered, and address reformatted.
Also-- I received another e-mail on Friday asking about my interest and requesting that I respond asap.
Anyone else in a similar boat?
Good luck to everyone who got the 5/3 status change, I'm hoping this means good news for all of us!! Hoya Saxa :D
I think that also describes Dmini7, Psib337, WDH, and myself, based on the responses below. Here's hoping!

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Sun May 05, 2013 2:16 pm

I received the email 2 weeks ago and the email on friday as well. The language really makes it sound good..."let us know if you are ready to come to Georgetown"...."I very much appreciate your patience in all of this and hope to be sending you good news sometime soon."

My status changed to 5/3 and my country to USA. On the SPWL...

I'm really torn here though. I feel as though it's unethical to say I will attend when I don't know about financial aid. I got accepted to Cornell and I don't know about financial aid from them either. I'm also extremely interested in political law/constitutional law and georgetown might be a better fit, but Cornell encouraged me to apply for merit scholarships while georgetown pretty much said they have nothing left. I would probably go to whatever ends up costing less...

Should I say I would attend pending a financial aid package??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Sun May 05, 2013 5:24 pm

happyshapy wrote:I received the email 2 weeks ago and the email on friday as well. The language really makes it sound good..."let us know if you are ready to come to Georgetown"...."I very much appreciate your patience in all of this and hope to be sending you good news sometime soon."

My status changed to 5/3 and my country to USA. On the SPWL...

I'm really torn here though. I feel as though it's unethical to say I will attend when I don't know about financial aid. I got accepted to Cornell and I don't know about financial aid from them either. I'm also extremely interested in political law/constitutional law and georgetown might be a better fit, but Cornell encouraged me to apply for merit scholarships while georgetown pretty much said they have nothing left. I would probably go to whatever ends up costing less...

Should I say I would attend pending a financial aid package??
I hope it doesn't, I said something along those lines (but now regret it), but mine was regarding another school where I'm wait listed, not one where I'm already in. I told them I would love to go and I would send a deposit right away but I might want to wait on another school and it would come down to money (I did specify just the regular financial aid not a scholarship since they pretty much said they don't have anything less). After thinking about it all weekend I realized the Georgetown would be a better fit for me than the other school and I'd go no matter what so I'm hoping I didn't hurt myself with that. But I think they might have gotten a few responses along those lines since I'm sure pretty much everyone is concerned about money. I'm hoping the country of citizenship changing means that it doesn't matter what your response was and they've already made a decision.

evoluna

New

Post by evoluna » Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 pm

hm.. it's monday noon and no correspondence yet. the wait is getting excruciating, especially on an empty stomach, having fasted for 24 hrs for a medical exam today.

any news from the other waitlisted people who got that email on friday??

kckool7

Bronze

Post by kckool7 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:13 pm

evoluna wrote:hm.. it's monday noon and no correspondence yet. the wait is getting excruciating, especially on an empty stomach, having fasted for 24 hrs for a medical exam today.

any news from the other waitlisted people who got that email on friday??
Radio silent here too. On pins and needles....

FromDCtoWhere

New

Post by FromDCtoWhere » Mon May 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Status checker just updated to 5/6 within the last hour...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 pm

FromDCtoWhere wrote:Status checker just updated to 5/6 within the last hour...

I decided to check since you mentioned this. Mine updated too.

striveseekfind

New

Post by striveseekfind » Mon May 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Dmini7 wrote:

Ditto!

If I worked in a law school admissions office, I'd be tempted to refresh a few status dates every day just to watch the TLS threads light up.

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:48 pm

striveseekfind wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:

Ditto!

If I worked in a law school admissions office, I'd be tempted to refresh a few status dates every day just to watch the TLS threads light up.

Just got an email saying i am in.

striveseekfind

New

Post by striveseekfind » Mon May 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Just got the circuitously worded email about the Admitted Students Website. Whew! (Message me if you want stats.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”