Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby zz888 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 pm

So georgetown is my ultimate first choice and I'm depressed to be on the regular waitlist after hearing about this preferred/special-preferred business. Anyone else out there??? Anyone heard of people getting in off the regular-old waitlist? I'm hoping the best for us waitlisters! :D

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

zz888 wrote:So georgetown is my ultimate first choice and I'm depressed to be on the regular waitlist after hearing about this preferred/special-preferred business. Anyone else out there??? Anyone heard of people getting in off the regular-old waitlist? I'm hoping the best for us waitlisters! :D

I know some folks have gotten in late off the regular waitlist (and of course there are people that get in off the preferred and special-preferred lists too) last cycle, so there's hope.

GULC was my first choice, but got put on preferred waitlist. Given the kerfuffle with scholarships (or lack thereof) to already-accepted students, I'm not optimistic about getting any money even if I get in off the waitlist, and the prospect of paying sticker anywhere is extremely discouraging. I'm daydreaming of them desperately trying to shore up their LSAT median in May/June and offering me money along with an acceptance, but I'm beginning to make plans elsewhere.

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby zz888 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:49 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
zz888 wrote:So georgetown is my ultimate first choice and I'm depressed to be on the regular waitlist after hearing about this preferred/special-preferred business. Anyone else out there??? Anyone heard of people getting in off the regular-old waitlist? I'm hoping the best for us waitlisters! :D

I know some folks have gotten in late off the regular waitlist (and of course there are people that get in off the preferred and special-preferred lists too) last cycle, so there's hope.

GULC was my first choice, but got put on preferred waitlist. Given the kerfuffle with scholarships (or lack thereof) to already-accepted students, I'm not optimistic about getting any money even if I get in off the waitlist, and the prospect of paying sticker anywhere is extremely discouraging. I'm daydreaming of them desperately trying to shore up their LSAT median in May/June and offering me money along with an acceptance, but I'm beginning to make plans elsewhere.



Glad to know there are some people getting in off the regular waitlist! Maybe the lack of scholarships from GULC this year will cause them to have to pull more from the WL. Best of luck!

cowabunga85
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby cowabunga85 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi! I'm on the preferred WL for the P/T program. Are you sending in LOCIs now or waiting until around May when they said they would reach out to gauge interest?

cowabunga85
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby cowabunga85 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm

cowabunga85 wrote:Hi! I'm on the preferred WL for the P/T program. Are you sending in LOCIs now or waiting until around May when they said they would reach out to gauge interest?


Also, I have an impending deposit deadline on April 1. Should I send them an LOCI regarding this or just an update?

User avatar
Belgorn
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby Belgorn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 am

I'll throw my hat into the ring too. Got the "preferred" waitlist email last week. Seems at least anecdotally that Georgetown utilizes their waitlist much more than other schools. Here's to hoping...

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 am

.
Last edited by SteelPenguin on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 am

special preferred WL here...
it's always been my first choice but as time goes on, I grow more and more impatient and my love for Vandy is growing :p

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby stone_fox » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 am

SteelPenguin wrote:Preferred waitlist after an interview. I'm visiting Thursday, so I'll send a loci this weekend.


Also pwl and visiting this Thursday. Since it's ASW are you just going to do a self-guided tour and write about that?

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm

It's been about a month since I got waitlisted...

I guess I should write another LOCI, except I have nothing new to say :(

Really tempted to re-send my original LOCI... or the second one lol

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby Psib337 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 pm

I was put on the preferred waitlist about a month ago, it was a reach for me to begin with so I'm happy (but getting in would've been nice too). I'm planning on sending a LOCI around mid-april since I'll have put down a deposit somewhere by then.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:58 am

.
Last edited by SteelPenguin on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby Dream Weave » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Just got asked to do a group interview with Dean Cornblatt. Can anyone shed light on what to expect?

User avatar
abadname13
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby abadname13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Submitted LOCI after being placed on the preferred waitlist last week. "Country of Citz: USA" today!

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm

abadname13 wrote:Submitted LOCI after being placed on the preferred waitlist last week. "Country of Citz: USA" today!


That means you are in, right? Congrats!

User avatar
abadname13
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby abadname13 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

RetakeFrenzy wrote:
abadname13 wrote:Submitted LOCI after being placed on the preferred waitlist last week. "Country of Citz: USA" today!


That means you are in, right? Congrats!


Thanks! As far as I can tell it means acceptance, but I'm trying to restrain my excitement in case this doesn't hold true. I asked for an expedited decision due to upcoming scholarship deposit deadlines, so I thought that would result in an expedited rejection.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:51 pm

abadname13 wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:
abadname13 wrote:Submitted LOCI after being placed on the preferred waitlist last week. "Country of Citz: USA" today!


That means you are in, right? Congrats!


Thanks! As far as I can tell it means acceptance, but I'm trying to restrain my excitement in case this doesn't hold true. I asked for an expedited decision due to upcoming scholarship deposit deadlines, so I thought that would result in an expedited rejection.


Good to know that people are already getting in off their various waitlists!

I looked through last year's waitlist thread and if that USA update is any indication, then you will get an email saying something like "we cannot tell you you are in, because we don't email acceptances, but you will be able to log in to admitted student website"

perfectheight411
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby perfectheight411 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am

does status date changing to 3/18 mean anything?

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 am

perfectheight411 wrote:does status date changing to 3/18 mean anything?


Was it after you got waitlisted? I guess it could be a good thing. I think it means they are looking at your file again....

User avatar
Archangel
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby Archangel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:41 am

.
Last edited by Archangel on Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 am

bump up for news

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:26 am

RetakeFrenzy wrote:bump up for news


No news? :(

Looks like we are gonna have to wait until after the first deposit deadline?

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby TorturedApplicant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:29 pm

checking in. did anyone attend a group interview?

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am

April 1 was the deposit date for scholarship people, and there's no sign of any WL movement since then. They must've gotten a good yield on that date. :cry:

Based on last year's thread, people began receiving emails from GULC around this time basically asking them to update level of interest so that the admissions committee could render some decisions between May 1 and May 11th.
Last edited by RetakeFrenzy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Georgetown Waitlist 2013

Postby fallingup » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 am

I was put on some kind of preferred waitlist and withdrew. Good luck to all.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, finaciardi, hip to be Square and 9 guests