Brag about your swag

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
atay

Brag about your swag

Postby atay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 am

Has anyone gotten anything cool/creative with their admissions packet?

vzapana

Re: Brag about your swag

Postby vzapana » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 am

atay wrote:Has anyone gotten anything cool/creative with their admissions packet?

um the moleskin from the SLS packet is the best. so are the ghetto shades from georgetown's ASW swag bag.

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am

I liked my leather portfolio from Northwestern, but I think the real swag is gonna be at ASW everywhere.

atay

Postby atay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am

Moleskin?

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 am

atay wrote:Moleskin?

Its nothing fancy...

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:

Its nothing fancy...

My $100 probably paid for that, you're welcome

twinkletoes16

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 am

mrizza wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:

Its nothing fancy...

My $100 probably paid for that, you're welcome

actually cackling over here

you're right. hope you enjoyed it, MOTM.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

An XL t-shirt, ticket to the Bear Bryant Museum, and about 16 different apartment/travel guides from Alabama (by far the nicest admissions staff I've met), a flash drive from Michigan, a useful lanyard from Duke, and a luggage tag and bumper sticker from HLS that I have shamelessly put on my car and backpack for all to see. I'll trade the shirt, ticket, flash drive, and lanyard for a Stanford notebook/admissions letter. :wink:

NoChainz

Postby NoChainz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:06 am

Vandy's Blackbox will always be my favorite no matter where I wind up.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

What exactly was in the black box? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen any pictures or anything.

phillyfun

Postby phillyfun » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 am

Tulane's bag was super cool. The envelope the letter arrives in actually turns inside out to become a tote bag. Was a super creative idea on somebody's part.

danitt

Postby danitt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:06 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:What exactly was in the black box? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen any pictures or anything.

The biggie is this huge book called the something dictum that's basically like a how to guide for Vandy and Nashville. It's compiled by the students. Then there's your usual documents and guides.

RSterling

Postby RSterling » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:An XL t-shirt, ticket to the Bear Bryant Museum, and about 16 different apartment/travel guides from Alabama (by far the nicest admissions staff I've met), a flash drive from Michigan, a useful lanyard from Duke, and a luggage tag and bumper sticker from HLS that I have shamelessly put on my car and backpack for all to see. I'll trade the shirt, ticket, flash drive, and lanyard for a Stanford notebook/admissions letter. :wink:

Not sure if serious.

If serious, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Who flaunts swag from a school they don't even attend yet?

fallingup

Postby fallingup » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I wasn't too impressed with the black box. People kept talking it up like it had special swag but it was just an extremely heavy package with lots of documents about Vandy in it. That being said, I don't really care about swag - Vandy has a sweet admitted students program and stipend so I have nothing but good things to say about their admissions staff and recruitment.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:10 pm

RSterling wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:An XL t-shirt, ticket to the Bear Bryant Museum, and about 16 different apartment/travel guides from Alabama (by far the nicest admissions staff I've met), a flash drive from Michigan, a useful lanyard from Duke, and a luggage tag and bumper sticker from HLS that I have shamelessly put on my car and backpack for all to see. I'll trade the shirt, ticket, flash drive, and lanyard for a Stanford notebook/admissions letter. :wink:

Not sure if serious.

If serious, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Who flaunts swag from a school they don't even attend yet?

I mean, I'm going to attend... I like to keep a contact info tag on my backpack in case I accidentally leave it somewhere, so I didn't really see a reason not to use it... Deepest apologies if I've offended you, though.
Last edited by LaMuSayonga on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fallingup

Postby fallingup » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 pm

I mean, if I got into HLS, I couldn't be trusted not to shave the letters into my head.

RetakeFrenzy

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:25 pm

NoChainz wrote:Vandy's Blackbox will always be my favorite no matter where I wind up.

+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:What exactly was in the black box? I keep hearing about it but haven't seen any pictures or anything.

The documents are most normal. It's the spectacle of a giant black box arriving via FedEx.

risa

Postby risa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

For those who are interested, there's also this thread with photos of ASW swag bags: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179596

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm

RSterling wrote:

Not sure if serious.

?

You must have spent your entire life in a cave. If you have been admitted to a school and plan to attend, who cares if you "flaunt their swag"? How is that "the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard"?

Anyway, no one has mentioned the ridiculous amount of admission materials Columbia has sent their admitted students. They sent something like a "blue box."

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:03 pm

RSterling wrote:

Not sure if serious.

I rock my Duke lanyard only because it makes carrying keys easier to the gym when I don't have pockets and I don't own another lanyard. So I guess I don't think it's inherently douchey necessarily.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 pm

I got this acceptance letter from Columbia, it was pretty cool.

(fyi, really I'm not this much of a douche irl)

TexasAggie13

Postby TexasAggie13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:
RSterling wrote:

Not sure if serious.

?

You must have spent your entire life in a cave. If you have been admitted to a school and plan to attend, who cares if you "flaunt their swag"? How is that "the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard"?

Anyway, no one has mentioned the ridiculous amount of admission materials Columbia has sent their admitted students. They sent something like a "blue box."

This. I have gotten so much stuff from CLS already and I have only been admitted for about 2 weeks.

Aroldis105

Postby Aroldis105 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:52 pm

I got herpes during my visit to Miami.

fbmelms

Postby fbmelms » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Aroldis105 wrote:I got herpes during my visit to Miami.

Will you attend Miami because of your "swag".

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”